Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I wasn't referring to you I meant the first offender (and some others).
    I know--I was just wondering what you meant, but perhaps this would be better discussed in a private message.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Tukta is struggling with weight gain from puberty right now.
    We all know that, but Tuk's FS from Skate Canada and her performance at the St. Petersburg Cup showed that she has come through that and is recovering her form.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post

As for the GPF, I fully anticipate that both Julia and Tuk will qualify for it.
    Julia in GPF , Yes
    Liza ? 4th in SC, she needs to get silver in TEB to go to GPF , so I am hoping Julia will lose to Tuk here, lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    It was really missing the 2A in her 3F sequence that cost Murakami the bronze. I really dislike her FS layout, it's high risk/high reward, but IMO, not worth it. The 3loop is not a great jump for her, and the callers have called both of her second loops UR in both of her GPs. Having only one double axel is okay, but having it as the second element in a sequence is dangerous for the reason we saw here today--her 3F was shaky and she didn't do the axel. Since the axel is a required element, the triple toe was voided as if it never happened. And her FS layout ridiculously doesn't allow her to attempt her eye-catching 3T/3T.
    I am more of 2nd mark than the jumps. Kanako is a much more mature skater this year, but she's getting same PCS.

Miserere Nobis
    We all know that, but Tuk's FS from Skate Canada and her performance at the St. Petersburg Cup showed that she has come through that and is recovering her form.
    I haven't yet seen the St. Petersburg Cup, but Mishin was saying a week or two before SC that Tuk was still struggling. Might be that the problem is fixed now, but it was definitely present in Canada.

lowtherlore
    Tukta is struggling with weight gain from puberty right now. At the moment, I would say that Adelina and Julia are in better shape. Polina is still a dark horse, Leonova will have an uphill struggle if she hopes to prove that they can't count her out just yet, and Adelina needs to fix whatever is preventing that 3F before it wrecks her at Russian Nats.
    I prefer Adelina's style to Liza's. But of the two, I think it's Adelina who should be more careful about the weight. I hope all of them -- Adelina, Liza and Julia -- enter the Olympic season in top shape.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 11-10-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Custom Title
    I haven't yet seen the St. Petersburg Cup, but Mishin was saying a week or two before SC that Tuk was still struggling. Might be that the problem is fixed now, but it was definitely present in Canada.
    He said it before both the St Petersburg Cup and Skate Canada. The whole point of her competing in the St Petersburg Cup was to check that she had overcome her injuries and growth spurt and was ready for Skate Canada. I seem to recall her team saying somewhere (although I maybe wrong) that she was 80% and improving after the St Pertersburg Cup. Hence, given that her much improved Skate Canada FS was several weeks ago now, I think we will see an even better performance by the time of her second GP event
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Miserere Nobis
    He said it before both the St Petersburg Cup and Skate Canada. The whole point of her competing in the St Petersburg Cup was to check that she had overcome her injuries and growth spurt and was ready for Skate Canada.
    She was considering dropping out of SC until ~1 week before. It might have been less severe, but she definitely wasn't fine--just look at her exhaustion in the SP.

Banned
    She was considering dropping out of SC until ~1 week before. It might have been less severe, but she definitely wasn't fine--just look at her exhaustion in the SP.
    did you see her current skate at Plushenko's birthday, she's in good form now
    so hopefully she will medal in TEB ( silver ) to go GPF, her 168+ score at SC would have medaled her here at CoR

Banned
    did you see her current skate at Plushenko's birthday, she's in good form now: she was at Zhenya's birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPhjYiK2co
    so hopefully she will medal in TEB ( silver ) to go GPF, her 168+ score at SC would have medaled her here at CoR

Custom Title
    There should be concern that all the Russian ladies will bomb because they are really and Russia will have not only just one man but only 2 ladies entrants in Sochi. But like leonova's 2010 was like this. Looks like the whole Sochi campaign might have been overly optimistic and it's all for 2018 not 2014. This is the season of Americans really and not Russians and 2013 worlds is important and no one seems to even have the goods for 2013 worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Just as a side note... while Kiira is pretty, I don't get why everyones so much into her looks.
    If anyone, I think Gracie should be getting the beauty PCS... she's so, so stunning!!
    I agree. When I saw Gold I thought wow she's really pretty but I never felt that way when I saw Kira. I think the other skaters from her country (that no longer skate) were more stunning imo.

Just wanted to say congrats to the 3 medalist. I'm glad Gold got her first senior gp medal. Honestly at this stage whoever ended up on the podium was fine by me.
    Last edited by lavender; 11-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Custom Title
    Had Kanako did a shaky 3F with even 1A , will the 3T still get a credit??? One 2A is mandatory, but even if u single it, you still furfill the requirement right??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I agree. When I saw Gold I thought wow she's really pretty but I never felt that way when I saw Kira. I think the other skaters from her country (that no longer skater) were more stunning imo.
    But, as you yourself would agree, this is not a beauty pageant. Its a skating contest, and PCS should in no way be related to personal appearance.

Oh Lovely Lovely results, all the hype overmarked russian girls are falter No one gonna step in Ashley Wagner way as she attempt to win the GPF, World, and OG gold medal.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast