Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    But, as you yourself would agree, this is not a beauty pageant. Its a skating contest, and PCS should in no way be related to personal appearance.
    I've added to my post. I personally don't care enough about beauty points. I'm actually one of the posters who hasn't argued about beauty points. Congrats to all the medalist.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    Oh Lovely Lovely results, all the hype overmarked russian girls are falter No one gonna step in Ashley Wagner way as she attempt to win the GPF, World, and OG gold medal.
    Don't let objectivity get in the way will you.............

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I've added to my post. I personally don't care enough about beauty points. I'm actually one of the posters who hasn't argued about beauty points. Congrats to all the medalist.
    Agree 100%
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Custom Title
    Love that the US came to Russia and kicked the Russian girls butts. All this talk about the Russian ladies dominating in Sochi might not happen after all.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Calling her comment stupid and inflammatory and then following up with one of your own is pretty ironic to me.
    That's because you don't seem to know what irony is, nor do you seem to understand the intentional mirroring of my comment with another poster's. "Parody" would be a more accurate description, with the accompanying invitation to call it a joke and for respondents to "lighten up". Pretty basic stuff, if you ask me.

I agree about the "beauty points" and think Kiira won here on more grounds than that, so good for her. Otherwise, this ladies' event was a bit of a snoozefest for me.

Miserere Nobis
    I agree. When I saw Gold I thought wow she's really pretty but I never felt that way when I saw Kira. I think the other skaters from her country (that no longer skate) were more stunning imo.

Just wanted to say congrats to the 3 medalist. I'm glad Gold got her first senior gp medal. Honestly at this stage whoever ended up on the podium was fine by me.
    Gracie and Kiira are very different types of beautiful, IMO. Gracie has warmer features (I preferred her brunette-ish hair) whereas Kiira is beautiful in the traditional Scandinavian way--very pale and porcelain-looking.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    That's because you don't seem to know what irony is, nor do you seem to understand the intentional mirroring of my comment with another poster's. "Parody" would be a more accurate description, with the accompanying invitation to call it a joke and for respondents to "lighten up". Pretty basic stuff, if you ask me.
    Pardon me for failing to hear the joke through however many thousands of miles of Internet cable, and for neglecting to conduct rhetorical analysis on a post on a figure skating forum. Perhaps you can make it a bit clearer next time, or refrain from such inappropriate and easily misunderstood comments altogether. I don't think that I need to define irony since you seem to have a good grasp on its definition.

Custom Title
    I see Gracie passing up Kira pretty quickly as her skating becomes more mature.

Custom Title
    Gracie's PCS almost approached Kiira's is just wrong wrong wrong.
    It's like a junior skating with a lady. No comparison. Crazy how Kiira's PCS didn't get the same bump Gracie did from SP to LP.
    She barely got over 60.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Pardon me for failing to hear the joke through however many thousands of miles of Internet cable, and for neglecting to conduct rhetorical analysis on a post on a figure skating forum. Perhaps you can make it a bit clearer next time, or refrain from such inappropriate and easily misunderstood comments altogether. I don't think that I need to define irony since you seem to have a good grasp on its definition.
    It's not difficult when one follows the discussion before barging in without context, and one would expect that when trying to apply a rhetorical term to someone's comment, you do the appropriate analysis. But, you are pardoned and next time I will make the extra effort to simplify and cross-reference to accommodate your comprehension abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Love that the US came to Russia and kicked the Russian girls butts. All this talk about the Russian ladies dominating in Sochi might not happen after all.
    Hehehe, they dream but their dream are gone

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61 Free Skate
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98 Free Skate
    6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27 Free Skate
    7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 Free Skate
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48 Free Skate
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 Free Skate
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    What a charming post. You do realize that the cold war is over, right? And that ladies is traditionally not Russia's strongest discipline? I think it's clear that the Russian skaters (please don't call them "girls") were not at their best, so you can argue that they kicked their own butts, so to speak. And last I checked, the only skater in Moscow who qualified for the GPF is not an American. Gold and Zawadzki have a lot of promise, but they also have a ways to go. And even the obviously talented Ashley Wagner has yet to medal at Worlds.

I love that a mature, elegant Kiira Korpi came to Moscow and showed the teenagers who it's done. Perhaps with more experience, some of the younger skaters in the CoR field can deliver the sort of performances she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    What a charming post. You do realize that the cold war is over, right? And that ladies is traditionally not Russia's strongest discipline? I think it's clear that the Russian skaters (please don't call them "girls") were not at their best, so you can argue that they kicked their own butts, so to speak. And last I checked, the only skater in Moscow who qualified for the GPF is not an American. Gold and Zawadzki have a lot of promise, but they also have a ways to go. And even the obviously talented Ashley Wagner has yet to medal at Worlds.

I love that a mature, elegant Kiira Korpi came to Moscow and showed the teenagers who it's done. Perhaps with more experience, some of the younger skaters in the CoR field can deliver the sort of performances she does.

Ashley Wagner will win GPF, and World Gold medal. You don't need to worry about this.

Custom Title
    [HTML][/HTML]
    Hehehe, they dream but their dream are gone
    I think you will find that both Tuk and Julia will give a good account of themselves in the coming GP events.

Ashley Wagner will win GPF, and World Gold medal. You don't need to worry about this.
    Ashley is good, but she has a tendency to make mistakes in the SP which leaves her with too much to do in the FS against the very best skaters. Worlds 2012 was a prime example of that.

By the way, as your into forecasts and predictions, your name wouldn't happen to be Dick Morris would it?
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Can you also tell me who will win the next Superbowl and what the winning numbers in the lottery might be?

Ashley Wagner is a wonderful skater, but ice is slippery and there are no guarantees.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast