Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Murakami was a lot better at Skate Canada, but still a bit undermarked here. I'd have her on the podium. She absolutely should be going to the GPF (via 1st place at Skate Canada and 3rd place here), but she'll almost surely be losing her spot now. Christina Gao would have to place lower than 5th at TEB for Murakami to have a chance and that's just not going to happen.
    Murakami has got to fix her very unattractive jump entrances. Next to Kiira it is just so glaring how bad they are. Any consideration of line or choreography complete stops as she prepares to mule kick into her jumps, with bent legs on the flip and lutz. If I were a judge I would mark her down on PE and CH and give her -GOE on the elements until she learns how to execute the triples better.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Please remember that jokes & irony & sarcasm are difficult for some native speakers to get, and it is that much harder for non-native speakers of a language:

If you're trying to be funny, please try using one of the following emoticons (easily found when you pick the Go Advanced button) at the bottom of the Quick Reply box:

Laugh

Sarcasm

Wink

Then everyone will understand your intention was to be funny.

Please do not insult one other.

Please remember to use the report button if someone has said something that is against the guidelines, rather than firing back at them on the thread.

I have tried to unapprove the most inflammatory posts on this thread, but I'm sure I have missed some; it's a long thread.

Please report any that still annoy you?

Thank you.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    definitely huge boost, multiple podiums in SA and CoR, I think its safe to say USA will get 3 spots for the Olympics
    Oh boy, here we go again. This was said last year with Wagner & Czisny...it was also said two years ago...and in 2010 with Nagasu & Flatt coming off the Olympics...you know where I'm going with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    But, as you yourself would agree, this is not a beauty pageant. Its a skating contest, and PCS should in no way be related to personal appearance.
    then the women should all be skating in sweat pants with no make-up on.

(ITA with the last point though. Sadly I think it does factor in, perhaps at an unconscious level.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Hey! Leave my Meo alone! Ms. Asida is pretty as a picture, thank you very much!
    Okie LOL, b/c the Meo88 started 1st, so that how your Asida got mentioned
    Last edited by Enidan; 11-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Down With It
    A note about the Russians- this trend is not surprising at all. Most of their "stars" are so young, and it only makes sense that they all hit that "transition point" at once, which is why we're seeing so many of them struggle so.

In the end, I think they'll be fine. They just have to be careful to not peak too soon age-wise, as a string of USA ladies had that issue in the late 2000s...

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Oh boy, here we go again. This was said last year with Wagner & Czisny...it was also said two years ago...and in 2010 with Nagasu & Flatt coming off the Olympics...you know where I'm going with this...

then the women should all be skating in sweat pants with no make-up on.

(ITA with the last point though. Sadly I think it does factor in, perhaps at an unconscious level.)
    LOL, without make up, I guess it would turn ladies figure skating into a ghost figure skating

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    As for Zhang, though...man, she wasn't even that bad jumps wise...but she looked totally out of sorts. Slower on just about everything (and even at her best, she isn't blazing fast). I'm actually wondering if she is dealing with a setback of some sort. Shades of Flatt at SA...
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Caroline is going through a personal problem or there's lot of stress at home, or something. She's landing her jumps. Even the singled lutz jump isn't so bad because I think she's re-learning it. I hope she's all right. This just isn't like her.

Down With It
    I was thinking more physically (injury, lack of stamina, etc.). She seemed like she was really fighting toward the end.

just getting to watch some of the vids... is it just me or did Zhang look like she hurt when she was in the spiral?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Murakami has got to fix her very unattractive jump entrances. Next to Kiira it is just so glaring how bad they are. Any consideration of line or choreography complete stops as she prepares to mule kick into her jumps, with bent legs on the flip and lutz. If I were a judge I would mark her down on PE and CH and give her -GOE on the elements until she learns how to execute the triples better.
    People are drastically overstating the flaws in Murakami's technique. It's hardly this bad. Her Flip is better than Kiira's and she doesn't take any longer to prepare for her Lutz than Kiira does. In fact, Murakami does transitions into her Lutz. Kiira does not.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    People are drastically overstating the flaws in Murakami's technique.
    Well it's a personal thing how much this is going to bother people. For me, it looks sloppy and affects my enjoyment of her skating. I think I would otherwise enjoy her skating because she is energetic and takes risks with music, but the leg flailing kills it for me.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Just as a side note... while Kiira is pretty, I don't get why everyones so much into her looks.
    If anyone, I think Gracie should be getting the beauty PCS... she's so, so stunning!!
    Me,too. Kiira has definitely gorgeous face, but I don't think she's that beautiful on the ice. She's sometimes too stiff.
    She always use same type of music, it makes her programs look similar. Nevertheless, I love her SP! And her LP music was beautiful, too! She has improved a lot. She's deserved to win.

Gold is sooo pretty and lovely. It was a delightful performance, her smile always makes me happy. I think she has the best jumps in the US, but needs to work on choreography, skating skills, and overall artistic aspects. Great potential, but still has lot of steps to be the champion.

I really enjoyed Agnes programs. Her 3Lz in the SP was just fantastic! She was underscored, imo.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    To let`s talk and ForeverFish, I believe this is the quote IleK was talking about earlier when she ranted about posters hating on Kiira.

Just thought I should let you two know. Regardless of whether or not this is "trolling", it was still said.

(Whether it's debatable to say that "love to hate" = hate, I'll leave that up to you.)
    That post was so incoherent that I didn't even look twice at it, and one idiotic comment does not a "mostly negative" board make.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Please remember that jokes & irony & sarcasm are difficult for some native speakers to get, and it is that much harder for non-native speakers of a language:
    Thank you. I am a native speaker, and I still find it difficult to distinguish irony/sarcasm in Internet posts without some hints.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Gold is sooo pretty and lovely. It was a delightful performance, her smile always makes me happy. I think she has the best jumps in the US, but needs to work on choreography, skating skills, and overall artistic aspects. Great potential, but still has lot of steps to be the champion.
    Agree that she needs to boost her PCS with more artistry, especially in the FS where that's possible. She has such lovely music this season and between her looks and the potential she has, she could move me to tears with her performance. Hopefully this is what she'll be focusing on when she returns home--she has a bye through Midwestern Sectionals--and I'm looking forward to considerable improvement by January

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast