Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

Congrats to Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! This is my "happy dance" podium!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Goodness you're right. How did she make this mistake? She must have started adlibbing something. But she only had one < and no << along with the flutz e.
    didn't she plan to do it, maybe in sequence with second triple flip?

PCS evaluation for Gracie:

SP: 27.24
    doubled factor for LP 54.48
    FS: 58.10
    + 3.62.

Average improvement by element
    Skating Skills - .68
    Transitions - .39
    Performance - .28
    Choreography - .48
    Interpretation - .43

Average element improvement - .45

So Gracie got a bit of an overnight boost..but not at the same level Kaetlyn Osmond did at SC (>5 pts, average .62 markup).
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-10-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Looking at Kanako's Skate Canada jump layout, she was supposed to have a 3F+2A sequence (her 2nd flip). She didn't complete it here (I think she had a bad landing on the flip, can't remember exactly) and then she just did her planned elements, including that 3T as the last jump in the program. Since that 2A was the only one planned, as a result she had no 2A in her program. If she had simply replaced her 3T with a 2A, she would have been on the podium.

Custom Title
    Any Youtube videos up yet? I just woke-up today and realized I missed the entire competition!

LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19
    2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98
    6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27
    7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 Free Skate
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 Free Skate
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 Free Skate
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And some lowlights:
    Caroline Zhang's continued regression.
    Sotnikova's continued headcase/nerves.
    I would also say sotnikova is regressing. She's almost lost it completely.

Good for korpi and gold!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I would also say sotnikova is regressing. She's almost lost it completely.

Good for korpi and gold!!
    consistency is the key to be a winner, period
    although overmarked bu still congrats to Kira and well done Gracie !

Custom Title
    I've never felt hate for a figure skater, no matter what happened. I love figure skating and I respect figure skaters and I am shocked by what some of you wrote here. And I can't hate because I belive in God and I know that if i wish somebody bad all that bad will happen to me instead. This was a beautiful day for Kiira and she almost did it. She had lutz, flip (I undestand she got an edge call), 3-3 and she had mistakes with her favourite jump, the loop. But I know now that is not about the jumps, it's not about the looks, it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she? I wonder if she skates clean dressed like hell and with a hideous make up, will you love her? Please, for God sake, stop being ridiculos.
    Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals.

Protocal breakdown:
    TES overall
    Kiira 56.12
    Gracie 54.77
    Kanako 53.22 (she could have scored around 57 w/ the 3T)
    Polina 52.45
    Agnes 51.10
    Valetina 50.88
    Caroline 48.57
    Adelina 48.28
    Viktoria 43.60
    Alena 41.17

PCS
    Kiira 60.52
    Gracie 58.10
    Alena 57.25 (ridiculous...)
    Kanako 56.34
    Adelina 55.59
    Agnes 55.33
    Viktoria 53.78
    Valentina 51.54
    Polina 50.42
    Caroline 43.49

BV:

Kiira 53.82
    Adelina 50.31
    Agnes 50.27
    Gracie 50.18
    Kanako 49.78 (would have been 54 or so with the 3T)
    Polina 48.94
    Caroline 48.32
    Valentina 48.11
    Viktoria 43.70
    Alena 42.97

+GOE
    Gracie 4.59
    Polina 3.51
    Kanako 3.44
    Valentina 2.77
    Kiira 2.30
    Agnes 0.83
    Caroline 0.25
    Viktoria -0.10
    Alena - 1.80
    Adelina -2.03

Jump elements
    Polina 37.64
    Kiira 37.49
    Gracie 36.45
    Caroline 35.84
    Kanako 35.58 (would have been 40+ with the 3T)
    Valentina 35.38
    Agnes 33.51
    Adelina 32.68
    Viktoria 26.31
    Alena 25.30

Nonjump elements
    Kiira 18.63
    Gracie 18.32
    Kanako 17.64
    Agnes 17.59
    Viktoria 17.29
    Alena 15.87
    Adelina 15.60
    Valentina 15.50
    Polina 14.78
    Caroline 12.73 ()

I don't think Kira was over marked she did 5 triples including flip and lutz ,her expression and skating skills are to die for,she is 2'nd at europeans. Why so much hate on her? just because your american girl didn't deliver for the win!!!
    Wake up people and see the beauty of this sport not just the scores and say that all skater u don't like are overscored even if they deliver very well(as Kira did today).Congrats to Kira and Gracie(she my favorite american lady),the podium is as it should be!And I think Kiira's components were bit low IMO considering that Wagner received 63 and the only thing I can see at her are jumps.,Gracie has better presence on the ice and better jump technique,hope she'll win the Nationals.

I've never felt hate for a figure skater, no matter what happened. I love figure skating and I respect figure skaters and I am shocked by what some of you wrote here. And I can't hate because I belive in God and I know that if i wish somebody bad all that bad will happen to me instead. This was a beautiful day for Kiira and she almost did it. She had lutz, flip (I undestand she got an edge call), 3-3 and she had mistakes with her favourite jump, the loop. But I know now that is not about the jumps, it's not about the looks, it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she? I wonder if she skates clean dressed like hell and with a hideous make up, will you love her? Please, for God sake, stop being ridiculos.
    Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum but it's not.
    This is the best comment I've read on this forum for a while!I completely agree with you!

Custom Title
    I'm not sure anybody has trouble with Kiira's marking for the FS, it seems fair. But the SP was a different story.

And no, many of us are not envious of Kiira's beauty, makeup or whatever we're supposed to be envious of. That's just a stupid comment. I'm old enough and then some to be her mother, for Christ's sake. And most of us are bright enough to understand that Kiira herself is not responsible for the actions of the tech panel, judges, or any other officials. It is not "hate" towards her but dismay towards the officials.

We just don't want to see BS judging or reputational judging or beauty judging. We want to see judging and scores that fairly reflect what was placed on the ice in that competition, and consistency among calls amongst all the competition's skaters. Kiira Korpi is just one of the more notorious examples, for a number of years, for getting a lot of breaks going her way that she often doesn't deserve.

Banned
    And I can't hate because I belive in God ... it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she?
    As if you can know how people here look and what talents/achivements in their life they have. Pardon, sweetheart, but now you are the one full of hatred towards online strangers: "You're ugly talantless sinners who will burn in hell!"

I don't see any hate of Kiira here. Some people think that sometimes she gets overscored in PCS. So? It doesn't make them be sinners or haters. What I see is the attemp of Kiira die-hard fans to shut up those with critics by putting the labels on them, such as "haters", or "sinners", or "not beautiful", or "not talented", or... . Yawn.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast