Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Pairs FS

On the Ice
    The British Eurosport commentators are LIVID!!!!!......saying the marks are ridiculously too high....for both B/L and V/T....and questioning the home ice advantage....they actually thought D/C deserved at least silver.....

Ridiculous judging and scoring for the Russian teams. D/C were robbed of the Silver.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The Russia federation is really trying to steal the most home cooking award from Skate Canada, eh....
    They certainly did a good job at that

Custom Title
    V/T were in the class of their own.Who would SERIOUSLY put them behind D/C?
    Too bad about their mistakes. I thought it would be 125 or smth like that...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    though they souldnt be below D/C but I to was expecting a score in high 120+ not in 130+

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Ahead of B/L....not V/T

Custom Title
    Talking of overscoring, yesterday after V/T SP Bianconi of Raisport was saying perhaps 68points or something above (ie not 74). Today, watching LPs on Rai after that ridiculous B/L, V/T scores I quickly switched the TV off in fury, so I don't know what she might have said.

So the term "chanflation" was applied to Patrick and what should we create for V&T? Tranflation?

I'll say this, and anyone familiar with my posts will know I don't say it lightly: I think for all that Patrick Chan can be generously scored, at least he has the programs to back it up. This was an error-ridden, uninspired performance of a mediocre program. And as such, it may be the worst PCS overscore I have seen.

If they're that blatant and shameless about it, I am really concerned about what will happen at the Olympics.

For some perspective, S/S's FS at Skate Canada, which did not have any falls and just ONE element that received -GOE got 129.10. Their PCS was 67.51, more than 4 points less! Yikes.

I also think V/T were also over scored as far as +GOE.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    So the term "chanflation" was applied to Patrick and what should we create for V&T? Tranflation?
    for pairs we can now have a term Tranflation ? lol

I'm a huge fan of Volosozhar & Trankov but I don't think anyone can seriously believe that their scores in the FS were fair.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I'll say this, and anyone familiar with my posts will know I don't say it lightly: I think for all that Patrick Chan can be generously scored, at least he has the programs to back it up. This was an error-ridden, uninspired performance of a mediocre program. And as such, it may be the worst PCS overscore I have seen.

If they're that blatant and shameless about it, I am really concerned about what will happen at the Olympics.
    Disagree.The same could be said about last year's Chan=/ imho,of course. In my opinion,but for the mistakes V/T SHOULD have had the best score, about 141-45. I like this program a lot!It's not mediocre or smth=//

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

First paragraph: point taken, and I agree.

Second paragraph: Sochi is going to be very bad and very controversial in the figure skating disciplines with pro-Russian skater bias, count on it. The ISU will circle the wagons and defend the Russians. Count on that, too.

Custom Title
    One judge gave them +3goe for the throw 3S. and they got pozitive GOE on that element. this must be a bad joke. poor S/S

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast