Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Men FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    No, but haters gonna hate. :P
    Umm, did I miss something? Who is hating?

Custom Title
    Totally agreed...His choreography was intricate with transitions all over the place. His skating skills mark is way too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oda was so underscored in PCS. He actually finished 2nd in the FS. Having him behind Menshov and barely beating Gachinski is pretty ridiculous.

ETA: Kozuka also, for that matter.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Patrick, Takahiko, and Michal!

I feel bad for Oda, again, finishing 5th with the 2nd best LP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Strange. The applause during his skate was faint and standing ovation after his skate was scarce. Couldn't the Russian audience appreciate a good skate?
    They can. That's why the applause was faint and ovation was scarce.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Gorgeous skate by Chan. I think this is my favourite programme of his.

I wonder if it's just me, or does anyone else think that Chan has really improved since his World Championship win last year? He was really good there no doubt, but this programme is really something else. This is the first time I've seen Chan skate this season and I'm really impressed with the La Boheme programme. He's in really good form too. His jumps are incredibly assured. The music, skating, choreography, everything works so well together!

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    CONGRATS PATRICK on a better, although not perfect, competition, much better than Skate Canada. I am looking forward to watching it on NBC on Sunday. Thank you, GS friends, for giving me a play by play. I already love this forum, and I've been here for less than a month

Custom Title
    Kozuka is magnificent this season. His program is packed with transitions and he finally started to express his music. I love his flowing edges out of the jumps and intricate transitions.

I am a Dai fan but I'm must say that Chan is a genius. He's imporved so much artistically this season and has two fantastic programs. Not only does he have his divine edges and jumps but also he expresses his music. Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

92 is a bit high in PCS...especially considering Kozuka didn't even break 80 for a very nice program!
    Yes, agreed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    They dont understand the meaning between breathtaking and breathless!
    Some of us are not native English speakers. Be civil to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I guess you missed the opening of his program.
    I didn't. Three doubled planned-triples, 3A including, didn't happen in the opening of the prog. And the feeling "leave me alone" was all there during the whole prog. Seems like he doesn't enjoy skating anymore, just doing everyone's a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Agreed. A righteous win!

With PCS like these, I don't see how anybody else can really compete, though. That's a 20 point overall advantage in the FS alone. Maybe he should spot the rest of the field some advance points just to keep it sporting.

Congrats to Patrick I have two words for Patrick's skate "Absolutely Fabulous", love this program!

Congrats to Taka, I think he made the GPF, he fought thru that program, good for him!

Very happy for Michal for his good result!

Custom Title
    Well said. I am a Chan fan but always felt his P/E a little lacking. But this year he is superb. He has it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    Kozuka is magnificent this season. His program is packed with transitions and he finally started to express his music. I love his flowing edges out of the jumps and intricate transitions.

I am a Dai fan but I'm must say that Chan is a genius. He's imporved so much artistically this season and has two fantastic programs. Not only does he have his divine edges and jumps but also he expresses his music. Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.

Banned
    Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.
    Eh? What are you talking about? He always got Interpretation and Performance/Execution score not just the same but higher than Dai or anyone else in ISU events, with WTT-2012 as an exception (happened once right after booing in Nice).

Custom Title
    Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.
    Dai's programs this year aren't remarkable. I'm afraid Chan can easily beat Dai in the artistic department if both have a clean skate.

Custom Title
    Some of us are not native English speakers. Be civil to deal with that.
    There was no lack of civility whatsoever. Just a reaction to your comment on my health..... that I had a breathing problem. Fair to say I have a multitude of health issues but so far no breathing problems.

It great that people who have no knowledge of english come on the board and increase their language skills - I am all for that.

Its however totally inapproriate and in extemely poor taste to comment on someone's health when one has no knowledge of the other persons health.

Custom Title
    After the sp results I expected Weir to withdraw from some reason, so it was no suprise to me. Congratulations to Chan and Kozuka!!! In my opinion Menshov should have gotten the bronze medal.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast