Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Men FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What a shame that this forum doesn't have a signature option. I would take this quote for mine as Chan ubers' motto about their opponents.
    Gorshkov sounds more sober and realistic than Piseev. Today he said to media about the tough situation in Men's field of Team Russia. The reason of which is the 5th Olympic event- Team Trophy. He said it's quite obvious that it's better when two different skaters compete in Team's and Men's, for this Russia needs two skaters. Also, the participation in the Olympic Team event will be based directly on the results of Worlds-2013. So, again a strong skater from Russia in London is required: www.team-russia2014.ru/article/6164.html . Plush actually never said that he will not go to Worlds for sure. He always says something like "we'll see... it depends.. decide later...". No one really expected that such situation would come. And the poor skating of Artur this season is also not much of a hope. The team for worlds will be set after Euros, Gorshkov said. So it's quite possible that Plu will go. I personally think that the second spot should be get by those who lost it- either Gachi or Voronov, since they will be getting it for their possible Olympic medal in Team's. Why should Plu bother to do their job. On the other hand- I don't want him to skate in two Olympic events at his age. Well.
    Interesting words from gorshkov. it would be best to have an option for the men's event. That seems like common sense. Sure menshov is doing the best now even though voronov actually has a gp medal. Hope voronov can keep it up and redeem himself.

Also it's true plushenko is not exactly no no no it's more of a hemming and hawing.

Custom Title
    Plush actually never said that he will not go to Worlds for sure. He always says something like "we'll see... it depends.. decide later...". No one really expected that such situation would come. And the poor skating of Artur this season is also not much of a hope. The team for worlds will be set after Euros, Gorshkov said. So it's quite possible that Plu will go. I personally think that the second spot should be get by those who lost it- either Gachi or Voronov, since they will be getting it for their possible Olympic medal in Team's. Why should Plu bother to do their job. On the other hand- I don't want him to skate in two Olympic events at his age. Well.
    Except Russia has only one spot for Men's at Worlds so it's not possible for Team Russia to send a 2nd man to go with Plushenko. One can always dream however.

Custom Title
    I read that in a different way than you did. I read it that Gachinski or Voronov should go to London and place in the top 10 and get that two spots back because their terrible performances in Nice cost Russia the second spot and potential for third spot because they were so terribe and so awful and really disappointed the skating federation of russia very badly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I read that in a different way than you did. I read it that Gachinski or Voronov should go to London and place in the top 10 and get that two spots back because their terrible performances in Nice cost Russia the second spot and potential for third spot because they were so terribe and so awful and really disappointed the skating federation of russia very badly.
    For your interpretation to be correct, you have to infer the said poster meant the 2014 Worlds in Japan. How likely is it however that Plushenko will skate in the Sochi Olympics, then the World Championship a month later, given his age? Like it or not, Sochi Olympics will most probably be Plushenko's final competition. And we have to further assume Russia will necessarily get at least two spots at the London Worlds - but there is no such thing as guranteed outcome in any sport.

Conclusion: It is not possible to interpret the quoted statement in any other way besides that the referenced world team is London Worlds. To do otherwise requires the kind of leap in logic that is beyond the comprehension of any reasonable person here.

I think Michal said in mid-season that he is going to keep his old FS. But Artur does have a new FS and skated it. It was quite a surprise that he showed up with his old FS at CoR . There were no explanations about that neither from him nor from his coach. Except the same stuff that Mishin told before- some personal secrets, I won't tell you, plus the body got weaker, etc. Actually all these mysteries are getting boring. I hope they will figure something out. Otherwise Plu will have to go to London. Because no one else will likely get 2 spots for Russia in Sochi.
    I don't mind a repeated program so much if it is a good program (and even then I would prefer new each season), but I don't even like Artur's old free skate. The music is not very interesting, and Artur's talent is not interpreting music, so I think he needs something better. Hope he'll give his new program another chance.

As for Plushenko, Worlds 2013 would definitely be even more interesting with him there, because he is always a contender, but do you think he will go and risk losing to Patrick and Dai and whoever else before the Olympics in Sochi? I don't know. If Russia does send someone like Artur or Sergei Voronov and they only get one spot for the Olympics, it is pretty certain that Plushenko would get that one Olympic spot, unless someone else steps up drastically, so I kind of doubt getting two spots is Plushenko's main priority. Just my opinion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    For your interpretation to be correct, you have to infer the said poster meant the 2014 Worlds in Japan. How likely is it however that Plushenko will skate in the Sochi Olympics, then the World Championship a month later, given his age? Like it or not, Sochi Olympics will most probably be Plushenko's final competition. And we have to further assume Russia will necessarily get at least two spots at the London Worlds - but there is no such thing as guranteed outcome in any sport.

Conclusion: It is not possible to interpret the quoted statement in any other way besides that the referenced world team is London Worlds. To do otherwise requires the kind of leap in logic that is beyond the comprehension of any reasonable person here.
    No this is not accurate. I never ever once thought of anything after the 2014 Olympics aT all. I must have misread let's talk in exactly the way I said I did. The second spot for Sochi should be got by voronov or Gachinski as one is totally reserved for plushenko no doubt about it. So It should not be up to plushenko to get a spot for voronov or Gachinski but the total reverse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    To do otherwise requires the kind of leap in logic that is beyond the comprehension of any reasonable person here.
    Then you probably shouldn't limit other people's capacity in comprehension and logics as equal to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I must have misread let's talk in exactly the way I said I did. The second spot for Sochi should be got by voronov or Gachinski as one is totally reserved for plushenko no doubt about it. So It should not be up to plushenko to get a spot for voronov or Gachinski but the total reverse.
    No, you haven't misread me. That was what I said- they both lost the second spot in Nice, so one of them now should get it back in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post
    but do you think he will go and risk losing to Patrick and Dai and whoever else before the Olympics in Sochi? I don't know. If Russia does send someone like Artur or Sergei Voronov and they only get one spot for the Olympics, it is pretty certain that Plushenko would get that one Olympic spot.
    Plu already took that risk and met both Dai and Chan at JO last month where he lost to Dai but won over Chan (the last was easy ). Of course Worlds is not JO but smth. bigger. The point is Plu's main target is Sochi, all the rest is just preparation, as he said a lot. At the same time I doubt that if he goes to London, he will go with the minimum target- finish in the first ten. Still I think he doesn't really want to compete alone in both Team and Men's event in Sochi. So, he might consider his trip to London as his contribution to make his schedule in Sochi less occupied. Russia has one spot anyway as a host country. And it definitely goes to Plu . Gachi and others can care, but it's their problem.

Custom Title
    ^^^oh good. I thought I had your meaning! Well it's going to be super interesting and maybe dramatic.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15