2012 Cup of Russia Men FS. | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Men FS.

jaylee

Medalist
He left a bunch of points on the table with three doubled jumps that were supposed to be triples, but the first half was amazing. I love this FS and for the whole first half, I thought it was a superb performance--forgot I was watching a competition. Delighted for Patrick!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
He doubled three planned triples, one of them is 3A. It's not a big champion material to skate without trixel.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Besides the no-3A skate it was a plain skating in terms of self-feeling and presentation. Still he got abnormally chanflated PCS for such a sloppy skate. As usual.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oda was so underscored in PCS. :cry: He actually finished 2nd in the FS. Having him behind Menshov and barely beating Gachinski is pretty ridiculous.

ETA: Kozuka also, for that matter.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Patrick is simply breathtaking.

Be careful... someone here will say that you have breathing problems.
They dont understand the meaning between breathtaking and breathless!

But, you are correct the program was breathtaking!!!
He will need to up the ante but I think that will come slowly to peak at worlds. GO PATRICK

skatinginbc

Medalist
Strange. The applause during his skate was faint and standing ovation after his skate was scarce. Couldn't the Russian audience appreciate a good skate?

jan

On the Ice
Too funny! I guess you missed the opening of his program. Patrick is building his season perfectly. His choreography is on another level. Mixed in a a couple of perfect quads...the other couple of jumps will come. No need to be perfect now.

He doubled three planned triples, one of them is 3A. It's not a big champion material to skate without trixel.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well I don't think anyone will dispute Chan's win today.

Agreed. A righteous win!

With PCS like these, I don't see how anybody else can really compete, though. That's a 20 point overall advantage in the FS alone. Maybe he should spot the rest of the field some advance points just to keep it sporting. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agreed. A righteous win!

With PCS like these, I don't see how anybody else can really compete, though. That's a 20 point overall advantage in the FS alone. Maybe he should spot the rest of the field some points. :laugh:

Haha, I didn't say people wouldn't dispute the scores....I made a point of not saying THAT. :laugh:

92 is a bit high in PCS...especially considering Kozuka didn't even break 80 for a very nice program!

jan

On the Ice
Totally agreed...His choreography was intricate with transitions all over the place. His skating skills mark is way too low.

Oda was so underscored in PCS. :cry: He actually finished 2nd in the FS. Having him behind Menshov and barely beating Gachinski is pretty ridiculous.

ETA: Kozuka also, for that matter.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Patrick, Takahiko, and Michal!

I feel bad for Oda, again, finishing 5th with the 2nd best LP.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Gorgeous skate by Chan. I think this is my favourite programme of his.

I wonder if it's just me, or does anyone else think that Chan has really improved since his World Championship win last year? He was really good there no doubt, but this programme is really something else. This is the first time I've seen Chan skate this season and I'm really impressed with the La Boheme programme. He's in really good form too. His jumps are incredibly assured. The music, skating, choreography, everything works so well together!