Are you working on a jump? | Golden Skate

Are you working on a jump?

T

thermalundies

Re: Are you working on a jump?

I'm working on the axel.
I'm working at adding a loop on to all jumps.
I'm struggling with a backspin and parallel spin.
I can't turn my hips out for an Ina bauer/spreadeagle.

J

jennavive

Working on a walley (S-C-A-R-Y), flying camel, and eventually when I stop being terrified of it, an axel. ;)

D

desertsk8er

Whats a 'wally' ???? I'm working on the axel and lutz. and a foward camel to back camel with a 'touchdown/illusion' and a sit-back-sit spin. i've tried a few double salchows but i am terrified to 'pull in' while in the air so that is very frustrating to me =(

S

sk8ing lady2001

I almost always work on jumps at home. Right now it is a triple/triple combo. :)

J

jamieonline

I'm working on a triple salchow, triple loop, and triple flip !

S

singer4life02

AXEL!!!!

I'm working on a triple axel!! OMG! It is ssssoooooo hard! I hurt all over everyday after practice!! lol Good luck to ya'll who are workin as well!! :)

Michelle for Gold in SLC!!!! :)

F

fumieforever

None

I'm working on the Triple Axel/Triple Loop combination. It is one of the hardest Triple/Triple's in figure skating. BTW, can you believe it? My Triple Axel is 8% more consistent than my Triple Toeloop! The Triple Toeloop is one of my hardest jumps!

I

IcEaNgEl0587

Jamie! It's Desiree...you know from pinevile...yeah you know me...hehe i saw you in one of the forums and i was like i know him!!! hehe okay i'll shut up now

F

figurebabe

working on my lutz, toe, and salchow....

F

figurebabe

OH AND BY THE WAY.. a walley is a jujmp which is taken off from one foot and landed on the same foot, but with no assistance of a toe pick...that make sense? check out this link:
www.sk8stuff.com/f_recog/...walley.htm

S

SkatingFantasy

RE:Are you working on a jump?

DesertSk8ter, I was wondering what you meant by "pulling in " when you are trying to do a double salchow? What do you have to do differently for a double than a single, and what makes your body flip around a second time. I've never done a double so I was just wondering.

N

NatureGirl 89

Re: RE:Are you working on a jump?

Walley = basically a loop jump taken off on the inside edge

Walley's are fun! But hard.

S

skater of the realm

Re: RE:Are you working on a jump?

I started the walley. I just can't get on the correct edge and stay there! Argh!
Also, the full flip, loop, salchow-loop (i've had more success with that than just the plain loop!), soon to be followed by the full lutz. I'm also working on a back sit spin, but that's not a jump.

L

Lanechka

I'm working on the waltz and half flip; I've got both down pretty nicely. I've been playing around on the ice with trying to do a toe loop because everyone says they're the easiest and I'm just bored with classes! Heehee. :)

S

starshinexavier

I'm working on a 2 flip, it's close but I have this tendency to drop my right side, which makes me land the jump on 2 feet. I'm also working on getting my 2 loop higher and more consistant.

Y

Yazmeen42skater

I have my half jumps except for half loop, and I'm working on toeloop and salchow which are pretty good so far. Loop comes next, oh my!!!!--but I think we're going to start backspin first, which will help with loop. :eek:

G

Glacierskater

I have just started landing my flip consistently to where it actually looks like a jump, and not some painful contortion. I have also started working on the loop. The loop has left me dazed and confused.

S

skaterskickbutt

working on perfecting my Triple LUtz. won't say much i know everyone hates me here, for no reason, probablt won't be back

S

SammieJ

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what this is all about but I would be happy to hear more about your skating. I'll assume you compete internationally because the triple lutz is hard to come by, even for some skaters at Worlds.