NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 6 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

Man, YuNa was spectacular. She did a triple-triple right off the bat! In her first competition! I wasn't sold on her footwork, but I'm sure she will sharpen up. She really is a prodigy, isn't she. Good for her!

kimganos

On the Ice
I have to admit I didn't really like the program, at least not on the blurry stream, and there is still something awkward about her skating, but gooood jumps!

:agree: I thought a 72.27 was a little high. She seemed slow and tentative but overall still a good skate for her first competition back. I am sure she will regain the speed and edges she once had but I wouldn't give her the crown back just yet.

naan

Rinkside
Well, Kira got almost 70 with 3T-3T, 3Lo at Finlandia. Mao got almost 68 with 3F-2Lo, 3Lo... But Yuna landed huge 3Lz-3T, 3F, and Ina-2A!! I don't think 72.27 was high at all. (I actually thought it was lower than I expected :biggrin:)
I didn't like the music at first, but after watching several times, it's OK to me. I like that she's taking some risk with the music. Her skating was fantastic as usual!

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
Well, Kira got almost 70 with 3T-3T, 3Lo at Finlandia. Mao got almost 68 with 3F-2Lo, 3Lo... But Yuna landed huge 3Lz-3T, 3F, and Ina-2A!! I don't think 72.27 was high at all. (I actually thought it was lower than I expected :biggrin:)
I didn't like the music at first, but after watching several times, it's OK to me. I like that she's taking some risk with the music. Her skating was fantastic as usual!

I went back and watched it a 2nd time and yes maybe you are right about the score but the footwork sequence and the spins were slow and I just don't care for the music. Her jumps were great!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Menshov nailed his sp! With level 4 steps along with quad triple and 3a and 3 lutz. Such a bi threat to medal at Russian nationals. Beat brezina by 9 to take first but brezina doubled 4s and singled 3t.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Her first attempt of the 3Lutz +3 Toe in the warm up was much better than the actual combo in the program. I thought she was a bit slower than before. Very polished skate, though.

Iff Kostner can keep up, her 3T3T, 3Loop SP will keep her in striking distance. She will likely be sandwiched between Yuna and Mao after the SP with that layout. If she can skate a clean 5 triples long program, she will definitely be on the podium.

If Kiira is clean in the SP, she would be up there as well. She would have scored higher than Ashley had she rotated the 3T3T combo.

Nadia01

Final Flight
In the top ten in the short program there were no edge calls and only 2 ur's. That seems unusual to me.

Why surprised about no edge calls? Yuna never gets them, and the rest didn't do both 3F and 3Lz, opting for one or the other or none at all.