S/S out of TEB? | Golden Skate

S/S out of TEB?

paircheck

Final Flight
aljona has a heavy flu

she will decide on wednesday, if they compete at TEB... the doctors told her not to start

B

bingbing

So sad to hear that.
Hope Aliona will be OK, because it will relate to their qualification for GPF in Sochi, which really means much.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I hope they make it too, but I live V/T. A GP win would boost their confidence, even if their competitors aren't there. I wish them all good health.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
no GPF for S/S ? :disapp:
but at least this boosts the chances of K/S to be in GPF

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So it is official. Wishing Aliona the best and I hope she is fully recovered soon.

With S/S out this gives Duhamel/Radford a real shot at the Gold here.

B

bingbing

It's clear that K/S has been aborted by the judges.
Even if they have quite exquisite performances these three years, they lost a lot on GOE and PCS.Sorry for that.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
Savchenko/Szolkowy out of GP France - report confirms Aliona ill and on antibiotics - also no GP Final even tho Steuer looked for exception
3:50 AM - 14 Nov 12​

(emphasis added)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
golden411, can I just thank you for your constantly interesting bits of news that you post. Sad for S/S - they'll likely be unable to marshal any serious momentum this season.

As for D/R vs K/S - either can win. Depends on the skate.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I guess this gives another pair a chance to get into the GPF then. Possibly Denney/Coughlin could make it since I believe they were on the bubble before.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I guess this gives another pair a chance to get into the GPF then. Possibly Denney/Coughlin could make it since I believe they were on the bubble before.
P/T and V/T are through already. In addition, there are three teams with second place finishes who have another GP left (D/R, K/S, and B/L); I expect all of them to finish first or second in their second event, and even a third place will have them ahead of D/C. The NHK pairs field is fairly thin and M-T/M can finish second there pretty easily. If that happens, D/C will be out, as both pairs will have 22 points, and the tiebreaker will go to the skaters with the higher finish. You also have two teams with a bronze medal in their first GP competing at TEB, so they too still have a shot at GPF qualifying.

I think D/C will likely miss out.

Last edited:

paircheck

Final Flight
:no: V/T winning a GPF with three or four falls, then? :disapp:

:laugh:

well after CoR everything is possible... in russia für the russians

I am very sad for S/S ... and maybe this will put them behind V/T for europeans, world... (maybe olympics)
what a shame....

D/R has a good chance to take the gold over K/S... but... last year they were big favourites for 4CC and ended 4th

gonna see what happen S/K or B/H in 3rd...