S/S out of TEB? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

S/S out of TEB?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
golden411, can I just thank you for your constantly interesting bits of news that you post. Sad for S/S - they'll likely be unable to marshal any serious momentum this season.

As for D/R vs K/S - either can win. Depends on the skate.

Appreciate your kind words, IP! :bow:
I learn so much from reading posts from you and others, so I like to "give back" when I can.

I too am sad for Savchenko/Szolkowy.
And more bad news for German pairs: Tatjana Flade reported today that Vartmann/van Cleave are out of NHK Trophy.

katia

On the Ice
It is such a sad news, they have such a lovely program. I was hoping they will win GPF

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It's clear that K/S has been aborted by the judges.
Even if they have quite exquisite performances these three years, they lost a lot on GOE and PCS.Sorry for that.

I agree. It's really sad because in 2010, K/S would never have to worry about second rate team like D/R. Now, they don't get the kind of GOE and PCS even for good/great performances. Some people might disagree, vehemently, may I add, but that's the sad truth.

emma

Record Breaker
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I"m so sorry to read this. I hate that they won't be in the GPF either...urgh. Get well soon and all the best S/S for the rest of the season!

gmyers

Record Breaker
They also have completely abandon the throw quad salchow. Never even try it. They have eliminated it. It gave them some attention and unique. And she did land it sometimes. You can't go out of your way to reduce technical difficulty and at the same time a new and extremely talented pair come on the scene and expect the same level. They aren't even trying to be the Same level.

Last edited:

paircheck

Final Flight
Appreciate your kind words, IP! :bow:
I learn so much from reading posts from you and others, so I like to "give back" when I can.

I too am sad for Savchenko/Szolkowy.
And more bad news for German pairs: Tatjana Flade reported today that Vartmann/van Cleave are out of NHK Trophy.

could it be possible that S/S replace V/vC for NHK Trophy so that could have a chance to compete in the GPF in Sochi????????

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford
Friends tell me Russian pair Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov landed a clean quad throw Salchow in practice today.#TEB2012
10:59 AM - 15 Nov 12​

could it be possible that S/S replace V/vC for NHK Trophy so that could have a chance to compete in the GPF in Sochi????????

Am I hallucinating or do I vaguely recall a rule that if a skater or team withdraws from a GP, he/she/they is/are not eligible for reassignment to another GP??

ETA:
From the ISU announcement for the GP:
3.1 Confirmation of Participation of Seeded skaters/couples
The ISU Members must confirm the participation of the seeded skaters/couples in the two (2) events to the ISU Secretariat by August 1, 2012. If a seeded skater/couple does not participate in the event(s) for which they are designated, there will be no substitute event(s).​

I wonder whether illness/injury would warrant an exception to this rule.​

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I thought they totally stopped throw quads! Maybe it will be seen but moskvina decides almost last minute.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I support K/S going for that quad Sal and finally win a World champion. They are probably the only Moskvina #1 pair to never win a world title. And their programs are always nice to watch.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I support K/S going for that quad Sal and finally win a World champion. They are probably the only Moskvina #1 pair to never win a world title. And their programs are always nice to watch.
That strategy (quad sal) backfired in 2010 and they haven't recovered since. It won't give them a world title. Instead they should up their levels, fix their twist and generally improve consistency. And drop that silly waltz. I didn't like it in 2010 and hate it even more now!