Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread

Rinkside
    I agree! What a nice way to spread some positivity!

Evgeny Plushenko - I admire his persistence and the sustained consistency of his quads.
    Barbara Fusar-Poli - What a stare! She's certainly ready to go toe to toe with her children once they become teens!
    Inoue & Baldwin - What an exciting throw triple axel in Turin!
    Alexei Urmanov - He seems like a genuinely sweet guy and I admire his devotion to his mother.
    Sasha Cohen - Beautiful lines and great spins!

Carolina Kostner has a nice air position.

Banned
    Patrick Chan is a great skater.

YuNa Kim wears nice skating dresses.

Virtue and Moir have fluid movement.

Max Trankov has beautiful blue eyes.

Custom Title
    I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.
    Last edited by Ravensque; 11-14-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Um...

Patrick Chan: I think his current FP is the one I've liked the most; nice music choice & costume - I think it shows a lack of complacency (I'm not one of those who "hates" - even in the diluted modern sense - him personally) to try new things, and a willingness to take a dent in the scores - it's easy to not mind making mistakes if you win anyway, but to take it cheerfully on the chin, even when you do not, that I think, is a nice quality. (That said, he does need a technical coach - let me put it this way: if Plushy still needs a technical coach... Need I say more?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.
    Ah, I don't think such a left-handed compliment is really in the spirit of this thread, do you?

(And no, Gachinsky is not one of my favourites.)

Plushy - He can entertain a crowd (when he so chooses) and he's not afraid to be goofy.

Fusar-Poli and Margaglio - They provided me with one of the best figure skating related-laughs I've ever had.

Tara Lipinski - She actually started to take on a nice laid-back, mature style in her short time on the pro "circuit." Some examples are her "Second Element" and "Dreamcatcher" programs.

Petrova and Tikhonov - Umm...they made other pairs seem less dull in comparison? Okay, fine, they were very pure skaters with strong elements.

Carolina Kostner: I've liked some of her unusual but attractive costumes, and I always like to see older skaters sticking around and even achieving their greatest successes.

Leonova: She has a very lively personality on the ice, and I love her short program music this year.

Caydee Denney is a fighter. John Coughlin tries really hard.

skating philosopher
    For me, it's not least favorite skater, but rather skaters who produce my least favorite skates on the whole....

Ilinykh/Katsalapov - They are both quite good looking and they I love the energy and joy they had during the SD at COR
    Leonova - She can perform a program in full-force!
    Lipnitskaya - I admire her consistency and strength in competition.
    Gilles/Poirier - They are quite fast and I like they're skating to one of my favorite indie artists (Beirut) in their FD.
    Amodio -- He's always high energy and has great footwork
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-14-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    While this is a fun thread, please be mindful that your compliments do not become backhanded compliments, which can be construed as insulting.

Custom Title
    Plushenko has really blonde hair.

Evan Lysacek is tall.

On the Ice
    OK, lets do this.

Evgeny Plushenko - I admire his consistency with the quad. Many younger skaters would kill to master it the way he has.

Patrick Chan - He moves over the ice really well, with good edges and flow.

Carolina Kostner - she is dedicated and persisted until she achieved her goal of a world title.

Mao Asada - she has a dogged determination to get that triple axel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post

Evan is tall and won an Olympic gold medal.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Plushenko has really blonde hair.

Evan Lysacek is tall.
    What's the point of posting this kind of messages? You're just describing the skaters or stating a fact, not saying something nice about them. If this is your way of saying "I have absolutely nothing nice to say about those skaters" why bother to make a replay? Just to state you dislike them? It's disheartening to see how people can not NOT be negative.

Tongue in cheek?

Oh, just so clever?

Whatever.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    What's the point of posting this kind of messages? You're just describing the skaters or stating a fact, not saying something nice about them. If this is your way of saying "I have absolutely nothing nice to say about those skaters" why bother to make a replay? Just to state you dislike them? It's disheartening to see how people can not NOT be negative.

Tongue in cheek?

Oh, just so clever?

Whatever.
    THANK YOU ! I thought about posting a reply to these, but then I thought to just let it be. But seriously, they couldn't think of one positive thing about a skater. Even like hey, he has a good triple lutz or something?

Believe me, there are skaters that I dislike with a passion, but I still admit that there are things they do well. Think of this as an exercise in overcoming the belief that our most disliked skaters have absolutely no redeeming qualities.
    Last edited by skatefan12; 11-14-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Excellent idea, MLS!
    While I admire and respect anyone that gets out there on the ice, I do have some skaters that dont trip my trigger....
    Scott Moir, with his wonderful partner, almost always produces skates full of very difficult precise close footwork.
    Savchenko and Szolkowy many times impress me with their technical excellence.
    Mr. Plushenko has skated for a very long time to an amazing technical level.
    Mr. Baldwin has a partner, Ms. Inoue, who has courage and determination by the bucketfulls.
    And last but not least, Mr. Morozov has had a life so interesting and complex, I would love to read an autobiography of it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast