Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    And last but not least, Mr. Morozov has had a life so interesting and complex, I would love to read an autobiography of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.
    I love how you went back and decided to edit your comment, but ended up not changing anything at all.

-----Moving on!

Sasha Cohen - Her spirals are no doubt the best in the world, even today. Even at the 2010 U.S. Nationals, when many of the ladies were just as flexible as her (if not more) due to them molding to the CoP, she was like:

"That's right, ladies. You see these spirals? You see them? These are untouchable. The spiral sequence in the CoP? That was because of me. You spirals might be oh-so-pretty, but mine? Oh, they've got attitude and they've got ~style."

Evan Lysacek - I so admire his work ethic.

Rachael Flatt - Oh man, if I had even half her dedication to school ... Her short program dress this year is also very classy.

Irina Slutskaya - I admire her want to achieve so many triple-triple combinations (as put together in a video by Seresu1 on YouTube). While the triple lutz-triple toe isn't the prettiest jump, I'm glad she attempted it so much.

Tara Lipinski - I am surprised she turned out to be such an acceptable commentator. Granted, of course she still has a lot to work on, but she doesn't have Dick Button or Peggy Fleming's experience. With time, I'm sure she'll be better at it.

Scott Moir - He produces very lovely programs with his partner, and they have a good partnership/friendship/indescribable-ship.

Alena Leonova - Her makeup was on-point this past weekend at CoR.

Can't say I have a least favorite skater, but Philippe Candeloro's D'Artagnan program was wonderful.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 11-17-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Oh, yes, I forgot Morozov: his students are so devoted to him (just think about Ando, after him she wasn't able to find anyone else), he must be really like a family for them! And, I would like to have a personal life like his!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Oh, yes, I forgot Morozov: his students are so devoted to him (just think about Ando, after him she wasn't able to find anyone else), he must be really like a family for them! And, I would like to have a personal life like his!
    Oh, be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Oh, be careful what you wish for!
    I was obviously joking! Three (or were they four?) weddings... Too busy for me!

Custom Title
    Nice thread. I have only 2 skaters that I don't like most of time. And some others who are just not my favourites. Nr. 1 is Alena Leonova and I can say about her that she has very beautiful and unique eyes, almost cat eyes. I haven't seen that eye colour before. And when she hits all her jump she is very very cheerful on ice and I really like that. Nr. 2 is Rachel Flatt. I like the fact that she is a very positive person, she does enjoy skating and never looks disappointed although she doesnt skate well. And I also apreciate she is a smart person, is very hard to be competitive and have good grades. She did that and she was admitted at Stanford.
    And the others... Patrick Chan is a genius ant that says it all. Duhamel and Radford... It's very hard, not that I have only bad things to say, not at all, I just don't like their style... they are an ambitious and constant couple.
    And from the past, Emily Hughes... almost the same as in Flatt's case. And Irina Slutskaya, a very strong competitor and very talented, just not my type. I used to dislike her costumes and hair style as in Alena's case but now she looks amazing. Very feminine and well dressed.

Custom Title
    Aliona Savcnehko - she really mastered the German language.
    Alena Leonova - she always looks like she's having a good time.
    Johnny Weir - he is brave and uncompromising about his style.
    Brian Joubert - he is undeniably cute.
    Jamie Sale - she has pretty eyes.
    Michael Weiss - that "tornado" jump was quite impressive

Custom Title
    Jamie Sale - She looked very nice in her wedding dress.
    Evan Lysacek- he has a very nice body and great work ethics.
    Trankov- he has nice lines.
    Scott Moir/off ice- he's very competitive. Love him on ice.
    Sacha Cohen- super flexible and has the attitude of a diva.
    T/M- They were supper consistent.
    S/S - They were very innovative. Note the past tense. I like them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.
    You aren't a nice person...

Custom Title
    MoonlightSkater, great idea for a thread.

Custom Title
    Morozov: He was very handsome once upon a time...

Custom Title

The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    MoonlightSkater, great idea for a thread.
    Does this compliment mean you don't like MoonlightSkater?

Oh wait, MoonlightSkater did say "elite" skater
    ...unless MoonlightSkater is an elite skater, then we are back to the original question.

j/k

Custom Title
    Morosov: He is incredibly hot and I can see why the ladies are attracted to him.

Amodio: Perhaps the male skater with the most range out of anyone currently competing

Joubert: A far more thoughtful man than I gave him credit for being, he's matured quite gracefully (to the point where he would no longer qualify as a least favourite)

Wier: A fascinating celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Does this compliment mean you don't like MoonlightSkater?

Oh wait, MoonlightSkater did say "elite" skater
    ...unless MoonlightSkater is an elite skater, then we are back to the original question.

j/k
    Ok Ok. My apologies to MLS. She is of course not included in my list! I met her at SA Kent and she is a delightful beautiful young lady who really knows her stuff....
    It WOULD be fun to see her skate! Perhaps she can post a youtube video for us!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast