The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.

Ah, I don't think such a left-handed compliment is really in the spirit of this thread, do you?

(And no, Gachinsky is not one of my favourites.)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Plushy - He can entertain a crowd (when he so chooses) and he's not afraid to be goofy.

Fusar-Poli and Margaglio - They provided me with one of the best figure skating related-laughs I've ever had.

Tara Lipinski - She actually started to take on a nice laid-back, mature style in her short time on the pro "circuit." Some examples are her "Second Element" and "Dreamcatcher" programs.

Petrova and Tikhonov - Umm...they made other pairs seem less dull in comparison? :p Okay, fine, they were very pure skaters with strong elements.

Carolina Kostner: I've liked some of her unusual but attractive costumes, and I always like to see older skaters sticking around and even achieving their greatest successes.

Leonova: She has a very lively personality on the ice, and I love her short program music this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For me, it's not least favorite skater, but rather skaters who produce my least favorite skates on the whole....

Ilinykh/Katsalapov - They are both quite good looking and they I love the energy and joy they had during the SD at COR
Leonova - She can perform a program in full-force!
Lipnitskaya - I admire her consistency and strength in competition.
Gilles/Poirier - They are quite fast and I like they're skating to one of my favorite indie artists (Beirut) in their FD.
Amodio -- He's always high energy and has great footwork

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
While this is a fun thread, please be mindful that your compliments do not become backhanded compliments, which can be construed as insulting.

skatefan12

Rinkside
OK, lets do this.

Evgeny Plushenko - I admire his consistency with the quad. Many younger skaters would kill to master it the way he has.

Patrick Chan - He moves over the ice really well, with good edges and flow.

Carolina Kostner - she is dedicated and persisted until she achieved her goal of a world title.

Mao Asada - she has a dogged determination to get that triple axel.

Puchi

On the Ice
Evan is tall and won an Olympic gold medal.

Plushenko has really blonde hair.

Evan Lysacek is tall.

What's the point of posting this kind of messages? You're just describing the skaters or stating a fact, not saying something nice about them. If this is your way of saying "I have absolutely nothing nice to say about those skaters" why bother to make a replay? Just to state you dislike them? It's disheartening to see how people can not NOT be negative.

Tongue in cheek?

Oh, just so clever?

Whatever.

skatefan12

Rinkside
What's the point of posting this kind of messages? You're just describing the skaters or stating a fact, not saying something nice about them. If this is your way of saying "I have absolutely nothing nice to say about those skaters" why bother to make a replay? Just to state you dislike them? It's disheartening to see how people can not NOT be negative.

Tongue in cheek?

Oh, just so clever?

Whatever.

THANK YOU ! I thought about posting a reply to these, but then I thought to just let it be. But seriously, they couldn't think of one positive thing about a skater. Even like hey, he has a good triple lutz or something?

Believe me, there are skaters that I dislike with a passion, but I still admit that there are things they do well. Think of this as an exercise in overcoming the belief that our most disliked skaters have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Excellent idea, MLS!
While I admire and respect anyone that gets out there on the ice, I do have some skaters that dont trip my trigger....
Scott Moir, with his wonderful partner, almost always produces skates full of very difficult precise close footwork.
Savchenko and Szolkowy many times impress me with their technical excellence.
Mr. Plushenko has skated for a very long time to an amazing technical level.
Mr. Baldwin has a partner, Ms. Inoue, who has courage and determination by the bucketfulls.
And last but not least, Mr. Morozov has had a life so interesting and complex, I would love to read an autobiography of it.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'm glad that Gachinsky is wearing makeup to try to cover his acne.

I love how you went back and decided to edit your comment, but ended up not changing anything at all. :sarcasm:

-----Moving on!

Sasha Cohen - Her spirals are no doubt the best in the world, even today. Even at the 2010 U.S. Nationals, when many of the ladies were just as flexible as her (if not more) due to them molding to the CoP, she was like:

"That's right, ladies. You see these spirals? You see them? These are untouchable. The spiral sequence in the CoP? That was because of me. You spirals might be oh-so-pretty, but mine? Oh, they've got attitude and they've got ~style."

Evan Lysacek - I so admire his work ethic. :cool:

Rachael Flatt - Oh man, if I had even half her dedication to school ... :slink: Her short program dress this year is also very classy.

Irina Slutskaya - I admire her want to achieve so many triple-triple combinations (as put together in a video by Seresu1 on YouTube). While the triple lutz-triple toe isn't the prettiest jump, I'm glad she attempted it so much.

Tara Lipinski - I am surprised she turned out to be such an acceptable commentator. Granted, of course she still has a lot to work on, but she doesn't have Dick Button or Peggy Fleming's experience. With time, I'm sure she'll be better at it.

Scott Moir - He produces very lovely programs with his partner, and they have a good partnership/friendship/indescribable-ship.

Alena Leonova - Her makeup was on-point this past weekend at CoR.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't say I have a least favorite skater, but Philippe Candeloro's D'Artagnan program was wonderful.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Oh, yes, I forgot Morozov: his students are so devoted to him (just think about Ando, after him she wasn't able to find anyone else), he must be really like a family for them! And, I would like to have a personal life like his! :laugh:

Oh, yes, I forgot Morozov: his students are so devoted to him (just think about Ando, after him she wasn't able to find anyone else), he must be really like a family for them! And, I would like to have a personal life like his! :laugh:

Oh, be careful what you wish for!

IleK

On the Ice
Nice thread. I have only 2 skaters that I don't like most of time. And some others who are just not my favourites. Nr. 1 is Alena Leonova and I can say about her that she has very beautiful and unique eyes, almost cat eyes. I haven't seen that eye colour before. And when she hits all her jump she is very very cheerful on ice and I really like that. Nr. 2 is Rachel Flatt. I like the fact that she is a very positive person, she does enjoy skating and never looks disappointed although she doesnt skate well. And I also apreciate she is a smart person, is very hard to be competitive and have good grades. She did that and she was admitted at Stanford.
And the others... Patrick Chan is a genius ant that says it all. Duhamel and Radford... It's very hard, not that I have only bad things to say, not at all, I just don't like their style... they are an ambitious and constant couple.
And from the past, Emily Hughes... almost the same as in Flatt's case. And Irina Slutskaya, a very strong competitor and very talented, just not my type. I used to dislike her costumes and hair style as in Alena's case but now she looks amazing. Very feminine and well dressed.

berrycute

On the Ice
Aliona Savcnehko - she really mastered the German language.
Alena Leonova - she always looks like she's having a good time.
Johnny Weir - he is brave and uncompromising about his style.
Brian Joubert - he is undeniably cute.
Jamie Sale - she has pretty eyes.
Michael Weiss - that "tornado" jump was quite impressive

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Jamie Sale - She looked very nice in her wedding dress.
Evan Lysacek- he has a very nice body and great work ethics.
Trankov- he has nice lines.
Scott Moir/off ice- he's very competitive. Love him on ice.
Sacha Cohen- super flexible and has the attitude of a diva.
T/M- They were supper consistent.
S/S - They were very innovative. Note the past tense. I like them now.