Predictions for podiums? | Golden Skate

Predictions for podiums?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I hope Ashley wins gold, dont care about silver and bronze- Liza T and Polina K? I don't know.

men? I really hope Joubert skates great as a vet in his home country... i think Florent is amazing at footwork and just speeds around...I am always happy to hear of people who lucked out in adoption so his back story has my heart and he is entertaining and flashy. Lots of personality-remindes me of crazy Philippe long ago. Since it is france, I hope they skate great and get a little home turf points. Abbott is skating, yes? I hope he has a good competition. It would be a dream to see him do his LP like he prctices it. I love the music and he seems to love it. I hope he makes bronze at least.

Pairs, well V/T seem a lock without S/S as Aliona may be too sick with the flu I just read. Hope radford/Duhamel make the podium too.

I don't know which ice dancers are in, but Pechalat/Bourzat seem likely.

This is more a wish list than a guess as I haven't looked at who all is competing that closely.

bixby

Final Flight
Pairs, well V/T seem a lock without S/S as Aliona may be too sick with the flu I just read. Hope radford/Duhamel make the podium too.

Now if V/T could win here without even showing up, that would be just a complete travesty! :bang:

samson

Medalist
Here's my attempt to predict!
Mens:
1. Florent Amodio
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Tomas Verner

Ladies:
1.Ashley WAgner
2.Julia Lipnitskaya
3.Christina Gao or Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

Pairs:
1.Savchenko/Szolkowy (if they compete)
2.Kavaguti and Smirnov
3.Duhamel and Radford (They could upset K/S)

Ice Dance:
1.Pechalat/Bourzat
2.Cappellini/Lanotte
3.Riazanova/Tkachenko (I'd love to see Hubbell and Donahue upset though!)

So sticking my neck out that's what I predict. Figured it might make the discussion a little more interesting to have an outright 1/2/3 prediction for all. I'll be interested to see how close I am!

Victura

On the Ice
My wishes for the podium, in no particular order:
Men: Joubert, Abbott, Verner
Ladies: Gao, Wagner, Polina K
Dance: P/B, C/L

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I hope Julia wins and Liza is in 3 or 2nd place..Don't know in what she is in though.Both girls have the goods to beat Wagner for sure

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Wagner is likely to win due to her experience and rising confidence. Julia, Liza, Gao and Elena all have the potential to get a medal.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If Christina were to win the silver here, would that be enough to qualify her for the GPF?

She'd probably qualify with a 3rd place even, possibly even a 4th. Lower numbers will qualify this season with Gracie's silver, Katelyns gold, and Adelina's bronze not counting. Then Kanako with a 3rd and 4th is very unlikely to qualify just because not only are the point totals not high but she'll lose out on most of the other tiebreakers. If Christina gets a silver, she should definitely be in, if she gets a bronze, chances are good, if she gets 4th, then she still might make it but would need help from others. If Julia ends up withdrawing that helps her chances even more and a 4th place probably would be enough.

bixby

Final Flight
If Christina were to win the silver here, would that be enough to qualify her for the GPF?

With silver, she should qualify for sure. Ashley and Mao, each with gold shoudn't have any problem. Counting Kiira, that leaves a room for only three more. If any of the three current silver medalists; Christina, Akiko & Julia duplicate another silver that should put them in the final. If bronze, we have to wait and see. But outside of those three, it would be a long shot for the rest of the contenders.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
With silver, she should qualify for sure. Ashley and Mao, each with gold shoudn't have any problem. Counting Kiira, that leaves a room for only three more. If any of the three current silver medalists; Christina, Akiko & Julia duplicate another silver that should put them in the final. If bronze, we have to wait and see. But outside of those three, it would be a long shot for the rest of the contenders.

Not if Julia withdraws. If she does, her 13 points won't count either and Gao could probably make it with a 4th place here. So assuming Ashley, Mao, Kiira, Akiko make it, there's room for 2 more, so if Christina were to finish 4th, it would come down to Mirai, Elene, Liza, and Agnes to determine which are the final two.

- Elene could qualify before Christina only with a win (win higher finish tiebreaker)
- Liza could qualify before Christina with a win, or with a silver with a higher combined score
- Mirai - see Liza above (but Liza has a 5 point margin on Mirai from 1st event, and Christina has 6 points on Liza and 11 on Mirai from 1st event)
- Agnes could qualify before Christina with a win or a silver, but not with a bronze (lose higher finish tiebreaker)

2 of the following would have to happen for Christina with a 4th to be out, and considering Mirai, Elene, and Agnes are all competing at the same event (with Akiko and Mao in the field!), it doesn't seem that likely to happen. But I think Christina will probably place higher than 4th, especially if Julia withdraws.

Enidan

On the Ice
Wagner win GOLD of course Woot Woot :yay:. The rest I don't care either since they all unknown skater.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Why is TEB so weak? The fields are depleted and in many cases no world medallist. Ashley will have a cake walk. And P and B also have it so easy. AS a result of no B and S or I and K or W and P - c and l are almost guranteed a GPF spot and Weaver and Poje will be out. K and S have a reasonable shot at gold and yet they aren't even in the top five last year. Joubert could win it all or Amodio with no real medalist. Or Abbott could win too.I've seen some B events that were almost as strong.