US Nationals Tickets and other advice? | Golden Skate

US Nationals Tickets and other advice?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I agree with Mao. The current rule guidelines don't always make for pleasing-to-watch programs. I hate the combo spins - they go on forever and ever and the positions are not attractive for the most part. But I also agree with skateluvr about how figure skating has become a niche sport and how the prices of the events are really getting out of hand. I'm going to Boston in 2014 with a tour group. We got word that the original price was not correct because they're now charging TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for the exhibitions night. I shudder to think what the Olys will cost.

Noskates, I live near Boston, but due to health and so much more, I cannot plan ahead. 200.00 just for gala? What would an all event pass go for at nationals? That is rediculous-why not just say -rich people only- so what are you paying for the tickets or are they included in the package? I am thinking if i'm still here, i want to go, but would need to stay in Boston and the hotels are very expensive. I think NYC has cheaper digs...so I could not go back and forth unless someone drove me. If I am going, and someone wants to drive, i will offer my air mattress-I have a very clean, comfy apt. But I can't make plans so far ahead. I am angry i did not go to Boston nats years ago Being disabled, everything is a big deal...awful.

Please pm me or tell me in thread how much all event tix cost-is nationals over three or 4 days or a whole week? I don't want to see novice or juniors, despite great skating, just too much sitting. What hotels and prices are they offering? I assume you are flying in, but I'd likely have to stay in Boston. Even the plainest unfanciest are rediculous. More info appreciated. TY. Must it bee so expensive? Where does all this money go-certainly not to the skaters. They are pushing people away with such greed.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Depends on what level of seats you want as to price... I think the on ice run 800-900 for all event... I normally pay the next highest seats up... for 600 or so.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I suppose that since skating has become such a niche sport that the only people who attend events are uberfans or families of the skaters. If they know some fans will pay anything to attend they will charge as much as possible.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This year, you get Senior Nationals, Junior Nationals, Novice Nationals, and what used to be the competition for Intermediates & Juvenile nationals, plus the Gala, and all the practice sessions in Omaha. Four disciplines, two events each per group level. That's a lot of skating for the money. ($600)

An all event ticket will include all those, except sometimes not the gala.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
This year, you get Senior Nationals, Junior Nationals, Novice Nationals, and what used to be the competition for Intermediates & Juvenile nationals, plus the Gala, and all the practice sessions in Omaha. Four disciplines, two events each per group level. That's a lot of skating for the money. ($600)

An all event ticket will include all those, except sometimes not the gala.

Doris, is the gala definitely included in the All Event ticket for Omaha? I didn't receive my gala ticket with my All Event ticket in the mail, and I'm worried I might've dropped the ball and was supposed to order one separately.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't know, T&Bfan. I couldn't afford Nationals this year.
But some events, the gala is included, and some it is a separate order. I've seen both situations.

:cry: I wish I could go...

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I'm quite sure the gala was not included this year.

To Skateluvr

I suggest you call the Boston Nationals people. They have been very helpful about tickets and seating. They can give you the information you need and answer your questions.

As for making plans early - you don't really need to. I rarely buy tickets in advance. About this time (after the tickets have been shipped), I start looking around. I check Ebay, Craigslist, FSU, Goldenskate, classifieds in the event city, and the main event site. Sometimes I find a great deal. Sometimes I pay full price. I have never paid more than full price. If I can't find a package available, I can always find single tickets at the box office. The only event that really has a chance to sell out is Ladies Free and these days not even that event sells out. I usually want a practice pass so I look for all-event tickets.

All this takes a bit of work but it's not that tough as long as you can remain relaxed about it. This will be my 21st Nationals.