Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lipnitskaia withdraws?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia is still on the warm up

translations from russian forum:
    So Julia landed three times her triple-triple? This doesn't look like a bad injury at all!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    So Julia landed three times her triple-triple? This doesn't look like a bad injury at all!
    I know a girl (not mentioning her name - private info) who with the same injury skated in competition few years ago.
    She skated with anesthetics, her coach twice (before SP and before FS) wanted her to WD, she refused. Program was simplified to make load on leg with injury lower (but included triples and 2A).
    Result was normal for her at that season.
    Injury was absolutely real and serious.

Only skaters and people most close to them know how often they compete with injury or illness. Much more often than it seems for most of people.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-16-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    From what I could get from the report, it sounds like Julia's 3-3 is hit or miss;she fell on one attempt, hit another cleanly, had trouble and fell again (2/2), and then landed one but not cleanly.

Given her past performance at COC, Julia could dumb down her tech content and still be competitive. A 3lz-2t, 2a and 3f plus the GOE she'll get on her spins should be enough to keep her in the top 3 of the SP. Liza will probably go for a 3-3 but she assuming she hits it, her spin levels aren't as high as Julia's. Same thing for Gao. As for Ashley, I know she has plans to add a 3-3 but I'm not sure if she's adding it for this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    From what I could get from the report, it sounds like Julia's 3-3 is hit or miss;she fell on one attempt, hit another cleanly, had trouble and fell again (2/2), and then landed one but not cleanly.

Given her past performance at COC, Julia could dumb down her tech content and still be competitive. A 3lz-2t, 2a and 3f plus the GOE she'll get on her spins should be enough to keep her in the top 3 of the SP. Liza will probably go for a 3-3 but she assuming she hits it, her spin levels aren't as high as Julia's. Same thing for Gao. As for Ashley, I know she has plans to add a 3-3 but I'm not sure if she's adding it for this competition.
    The problem is Julia struggles with double jumps (or at least I think she said this recently). That is why she went for the triple-triple instead of the triple-double when the first jump was botched at... was it CoC?

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    The problem is Julia struggles with double jumps (or at least I think she said this recently). That is why she went for the triple-triple instead of the triple-double when the first jump was botched at... was it CoC?
    Yes, it was, and I actually got the same impression, the she had more trouble with her doubles than with the triples!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Lol! How is that possible? Maybe b/c she rotates so fast she over-rotates her doubles?? :D

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Lol! How is that possible? Maybe b/c she rotates so fast she over-rotates her doubles?? :D
    Yes, it's probably this: she isn't really able to control the rotation, she is able either to push out all she has or nothing, so a double toeloop after a 3Lz results more difficult for her than a triple

Banned
    I was really worried but happy she did well today

On the Ice
    good for Julia! I don't particularly like her skating, but she has a character of a champion, I like that a lot! Wish her all luck in FS!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Sorry to hear that Julia has withdrawn from the French GP. She is a great wee skater, and is a great prospect for the future. So it will be a shame that we will not see her.

But, well done to Julia for being brave enough to accept that she would be better sitting out the competition rather than carrying on and risking hurting herself further. A very mature decision from a very young girl.
    I take back what I wrote on Friday. Well done Julia for NOT withdrawing. Your performances were absolutely sensational!!!

Never mind a great prospect for the future - she is a great prospect NOW!!!

It's just a pity she's too young to compete in the big competitions this year...

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 11-26-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Just discovered I have been using the wrong auto-text for the "frown" emoticon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3