Lipnitskaia withdraws? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaia withdraws?

bluesky85

On the Ice
Didn't she have an injury few weeks before she competed at Finlandia? It seems to soon to have another injury... :disapp: I hope it doesn't become a pattern... I am not her biggest fan, but I want to see her skate happily in full potential and compete in the future without injuries.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Didn't she have an injury few weeks before she competed at Finlandia? It seems to soon to have another injury... :disapp: I hope it doesn't become a pattern... I am not her biggest fan, but I want to see her skate happily in full potential and compete in the future without injuries.

Yes I wish for all skaters, even the ones I don't like, to stay injury free throughout their career, but at the very least when they are young (and even for figure skating Julia is still very young). I do think the first injury was a minor one and it sounds like this is 'minor' in the scheme of things too, but a twisted ankle is no fun to jump on. My real hope is that she won't injure herself further...

ForeverFish

Medalist
Knowing Julia, she'll want to tough it out and skate anyway, but it would be much better to withdraw if all she ends up doing is worsening the injury or turning out a truly horrible program...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Knowing Julia, she'll want to tough it out and skate anyway, but it would be much better to withdraw if all she ends up doing is worsening the injury or turning out a truly horrible program...

Yes Julia is workaholic and perfectionist so she will try to compete but if she will have a terrible SP, I am 100% sure she will not continue in the LP
this happened at 2010 Junior Nationals where she was 7th after the SP and withdrew after

Country
Russia
she had this problem before when she competed at Junior nationals in 2010 and she withdrew after her SP
It was at Junior nationals 2011.
She withdrew because of illness (cold or maybe flu). Illness was absolutely real and began at the beginning of competitions. Her SP was good except fall on 3Lo (no UR, only fall). Before FS she had high temperature and withdrew.

At Junior nationals 2010 she did not withdraw and was 5th.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It was at Junior nationals 2011.
She withdrew because of illness (cold or maybe flu). Illness was absolutely real and began at the beginning of competitions. Her SP was good except fall on 3Lo (no UR, only fall). Before FS she had high temperature and withdrew.

At Junior nationals 2010 she did not withdraw and was 5th.

sorry yes I meant 2011 Junior Nationals , Julia withdrew
I am sure she will withdraw after her SP if her performance will not be good in TEB

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry to hear that Julia has withdrawn from the French GP. She is a great wee skater, and is a great prospect for the future. So it will be a shame that we will not see her.

But, well done to Julia for being brave enough to accept that she would be better sitting out the competition rather than carrying on and risking hurting herself further. A very mature decision from a very young girl.

However, I do not like the tone that some of the replies in this thread have taken. Frankly, they are making me ashamed to be a member of this forum!

These are teenagers we are talking about - teenage girls at that! We should all know how self-conscious teenage girls are. So, comments like these are exactly what they don't need!

Have the posters of these comments really thought about the effect their words could have on these young girls?! There are already too many teenage female skaters about that look like they could do with a good feed. We do not want to drive these beautiful Russian girls (because they are all beautiful girls) into that category as well!

So, I really hope none of the young Russian girls are reading this thread!

Also, what is wrong with being like Alena Leonova?! I am a massive fan of Alena - to the extent that I was contemplating including her in my user name when I joined this forum. Alena is an absolutely brilliant skater (you don't get 2nd in the World Championships if you are not!) and, as I said in a post I am currently writing for another thread (link to added once I post it), she has a body to die for!!! So, why wouldn't the younger Russian girls want to be like her?!

What makes it seem even worse is that the posters of these replies are experienced members who have been on this forum for years and have made over 6,000 posts between them! Frankly, they should know better!

So, shame on you "fans" that are talking like this. In future, think before you post!

CaroLiza_fan

adamanna

Rinkside
Oh nooooo:( I was soooo looking forward to see her, and how she does in comparison with Ashley and Liza... I hope there won't be any WDs from NHK, like Yuzuru or something - that would be the last nail in the coffin of this season's GP :bang:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia is still on the warm up

translations from russian forum:
Tuktamysheva - terrible tango. Immediately starts the other stoorny roller type that used to get there? 3/3t second nedokrut and fell. 2l. Wagner rotation. Tuktamysheva something on the teeth, Helgesson 2p. Lisa - track - oh, in my opinion is the hardest thing today was, until it was and began to pose. Then, of course, it was over. Lipnitskaya 3l/3t (in my opinion) - very cool. Tuktamysheva 2a Tano. Wagner 3 something. Yoshi 3t 2a

Lipnitskaya 2/2 and fell. Lisa something dirty land. Miete somewhere in bekgrounde rides. Probably. Lipnitskaya 3/3 - a little spun away from the second jump, but good. Lisa 3/2

Music of Wagner.
Lisa 3 landed. Lipnitskaya continues 3/3 near the left rim

Country
Russia
So Julia landed three times her triple-triple? :eek: This doesn't look like a bad injury at all!
I know a girl (not mentioning her name - private info) who with the same injury skated in competition few years ago.
She skated with anesthetics, her coach twice (before SP and before FS) wanted her to WD, she refused. Program was simplified to make load on leg with injury lower (but included triples and 2A).
Result was normal for her at that season.
Injury was absolutely real and serious.

Only skaters and people most close to them know how often they compete with injury or illness. Much more often than it seems for most of people.

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
From what I could get from the report, it sounds like Julia's 3-3 is hit or miss;she fell on one attempt, hit another cleanly, had trouble and fell again (2/2), and then landed one but not cleanly.

Given her past performance at COC, Julia could dumb down her tech content and still be competitive. A 3lz-2t, 2a and 3f plus the GOE she'll get on her spins should be enough to keep her in the top 3 of the SP. Liza will probably go for a 3-3 but she assuming she hits it, her spin levels aren't as high as Julia's. Same thing for Gao. As for Ashley, I know she has plans to add a 3-3 but I'm not sure if she's adding it for this competition.

tulosai

Record Breaker
From what I could get from the report, it sounds like Julia's 3-3 is hit or miss;she fell on one attempt, hit another cleanly, had trouble and fell again (2/2), and then landed one but not cleanly.

Given her past performance at COC, Julia could dumb down her tech content and still be competitive. A 3lz-2t, 2a and 3f plus the GOE she'll get on her spins should be enough to keep her in the top 3 of the SP. Liza will probably go for a 3-3 but she assuming she hits it, her spin levels aren't as high as Julia's. Same thing for Gao. As for Ashley, I know she has plans to add a 3-3 but I'm not sure if she's adding it for this competition.

The problem is Julia struggles with double jumps (or at least I think she said this recently). That is why she went for the triple-triple instead of the triple-double when the first jump was botched at... was it CoC?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The problem is Julia struggles with double jumps (or at least I think she said this recently). That is why she went for the triple-triple instead of the triple-double when the first jump was botched at... was it CoC?
Yes, it was, and I actually got the same impression, the she had more trouble with her doubles than with the triples!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Lol! How is that possible? Maybe b/c she rotates so fast she over-rotates her doubles?? :D

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Lol! How is that possible? Maybe b/c she rotates so fast she over-rotates her doubles?? :D
Yes, it's probably this: she isn't really able to control the rotation, she is able either to push out all she has or nothing, so a double toeloop after a 3Lz results more difficult for her than a triple :biggrin:

adamanna

Rinkside
good for Julia! I don't particularly like her skating, but she has a character of a champion, I like that a lot! Wish her all luck in FS!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry to hear that Julia has withdrawn from the French GP. She is a great wee skater, and is a great prospect for the future. So it will be a shame that we will not see her.

But, well done to Julia for being brave enough to accept that she would be better sitting out the competition rather than carrying on and risking hurting herself further. A very mature decision from a very young girl.

I take back what I wrote on Friday. Well done Julia for NOT withdrawing. Your performances were absolutely sensational!!!

Never mind a great prospect for the future - she is a great prospect NOW!!!

It's just a pity she's too young to compete in the big competitions this year... :frown:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: