Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lipnitskaia withdraws?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^ I dont see whats so funny about it since two of them are having puberty issues and Julia might be injured. Besides it is rather early at 16/14 to wait for them to dominate. But it is not small feat to have 3 of them among the top skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Without Yulia, the only Russian lady with a chance of qualifying for the Final is Liza (and as the 6th entry)... The "Russian domination in Ladies"
    You do realise they are very young? What's so funny? They still have time

Custom Title
    It's funny because TIME is the only thing they don't have. Boobs and booties don't make those jumps easier for these girls. They have a 6 months window to capitalize on their nonexistent hip. Once those hip start to fill, good bye jumps. Then they would be Leonova #2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Not fair!!! The one GP event I go to loses Johnny, Carolina, Aljona and Robin AND Julia now? Who else will withdraw? Pechalat and Bourzat?
    Bite your tongue. I feel for you. So many withdrawals, it is like a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Carolina Costner was originally scheduled for this event? I thought she skipped GP.
    You re gonna have a great time, dont worry!

But true all these withdrawals, I hope they will come back ok.
    She was signed up before she decided not to do the GP circuit at all

Custom Title
    Didn't she have an injury few weeks before she competed at Finlandia? It seems to soon to have another injury... I hope it doesn't become a pattern... I am not her biggest fan, but I want to see her skate happily in full potential and compete in the future without injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Didn't she have an injury few weeks before she competed at Finlandia? It seems to soon to have another injury... I hope it doesn't become a pattern... I am not her biggest fan, but I want to see her skate happily in full potential and compete in the future without injuries.
    Yes I wish for all skaters, even the ones I don't like, to stay injury free throughout their career, but at the very least when they are young (and even for figure skating Julia is still very young). I do think the first injury was a minor one and it sounds like this is 'minor' in the scheme of things too, but a twisted ankle is no fun to jump on. My real hope is that she won't injure herself further...

Miserere Nobis
    Knowing Julia, she'll want to tough it out and skate anyway, but it would be much better to withdraw if all she ends up doing is worsening the injury or turning out a truly horrible program...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Knowing Julia, she'll want to tough it out and skate anyway, but it would be much better to withdraw if all she ends up doing is worsening the injury or turning out a truly horrible program...
    Yes Julia is workaholic and perfectionist so she will try to compete but if she will have a terrible SP, I am 100% sure she will not continue in the LP
    this happened at 2010 Junior Nationals where she was 7th after the SP and withdrew after

woa woa another russian girl down

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she had this problem before when she competed at Junior nationals in 2010 and she withdrew after her SP
    It was at Junior nationals 2011.
    She withdrew because of illness (cold or maybe flu). Illness was absolutely real and began at the beginning of competitions. Her SP was good except fall on 3Lo (no UR, only fall). Before FS she had high temperature and withdrew.

At Junior nationals 2010 she did not withdraw and was 5th.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-16-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It was at Junior nationals 2011.
    She withdrew because of illness (cold or maybe flu). Illness was absolutely real and began at the beginning of competitions. Her SP was good except fall on 3Lo (no UR, only fall). Before FS she had high temperature and withdrew.

At Junior nationals 2010 she did not withdraw and was 5th.
    sorry yes I meant 2011 Junior Nationals , Julia withdrew
    I am sure she will withdraw after her SP if her performance will not be good in TEB

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Julia has withdrawn from the French GP. She is a great wee skater, and is a great prospect for the future. So it will be a shame that we will not see her.

But, well done to Julia for being brave enough to accept that she would be better sitting out the competition rather than carrying on and risking hurting herself further. A very mature decision from a very young girl.

However, I do not like the tone that some of the replies in this thread have taken. Frankly, they are making me ashamed to be a member of this forum!

These are teenagers we are talking about - teenage girls at that! We should all know how self-conscious teenage girls are. So, comments like these are exactly what they don't need!

Have the posters of these comments really thought about the effect their words could have on these young girls?! There are already too many teenage female skaters about that look like they could do with a good feed. We do not want to drive these beautiful Russian girls (because they are all beautiful girls) into that category as well!

So, I really hope none of the young Russian girls are reading this thread!

Also, what is wrong with being like Alena Leonova?! I am a massive fan of Alena - to the extent that I was contemplating including her in my user name when I joined this forum. Alena is an absolutely brilliant skater (you don't get 2nd in the World Championships if you are not!) and, as I said in a post I am currently writing for another thread (link to added once I post it), she has a body to die for!!! So, why wouldn't the younger Russian girls want to be like her?!

What makes it seem even worse is that the posters of these replies are experienced members who have been on this forum for years and have made over 6,000 posts between them! Frankly, they should know better!

So, shame on you "fans" that are talking like this. In future, think before you post!

CaroLiza_fan

On the Ice
    Oh nooooo:( I was soooo looking forward to see her, and how she does in comparison with Ashley and Liza... I hope there won't be any WDs from NHK, like Yuzuru or something - that would be the last nail in the coffin of this season's GP

Banned
    Julia is still on the warm up

translations from russian forum:
    Tuktamysheva - terrible tango. Immediately starts the other stoorny roller type that used to get there? 3/3t second nedokrut and fell. 2l. Wagner rotation. Tuktamysheva something on the teeth, Helgesson 2p. Lisa - track - oh, in my opinion is the hardest thing today was, until it was and began to pose. Then, of course, it was over. Lipnitskaya 3l/3t (in my opinion) - very cool. Tuktamysheva 2a Tano. Wagner 3 something. Yoshi 3t 2a
    Lipnitskaya 2/2 and fell. Lisa something dirty land. Miete somewhere in bekgrounde rides. Probably. Lipnitskaya 3/3 - a little spun away from the second jump, but good. Lisa 3/2
    Music of Wagner.
    Lisa 3 landed. Lipnitskaya continues 3/3 near the left rim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast