Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Pairs SP

Custom Title
    K/S were great. As were D/R even with her fall. Program is full of excellent transitions.

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 66.78 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 62.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 59.92 Short Program
    4. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) -57.30 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    6. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.96 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    7. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 51.44 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-17-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Custom Title
    Back in 2008, K/S'd already gotten 72 73 etc... for sub par SPs. Here, 66 for that SP?
    K/S is being dumped. Their SP is great, SS is amazing, the flow, the mood go so well. And they get the same as a mistake-ridden B/L, who are the most overrated skaters living or dead. Or in B's case, half dead. Looks like good score and K/S are never ever ever getting back together. Urgh, thanks Taylor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Back in 2008, K/S'd already gotten 72 73 etc... for sub par SPs. Here, 66 for that SP?
    K/S is being dumped. Their SP is great, SS is amazing, the flow, the mood go so well. And they get the same as a mistake-ridden B/L, who are the most overrated skaters living or dead. Or in B's case, half dead. .
    I know, I cant believe that scored only a 66+, a score B/L got with ridden errors
    their PCS is too low, I hope their consistency this season will help them lifted again

Custom Title
    After 2010, one element was removed from the short program (PCoSp) so their score by default will be about 5.40 less that it would have been back then.

They only received a level 1 on the death spiral (not enough revolutions and no hand change); had it been a level 4, the score would have been 1.50 higher. All those thing considered, their score today would have been about 73.68 give or take a few hundredths.

Also, this was a good program but they can perform some of those elements much better; like the jumps (landed but not in unison), twist (a level 4 but still too low), the throw (low and scratchy) and lift (exit could be much smoother.) The spins were spot on, probably the best in pairs and the footwork was good but their unison can be improved upon throughout the season.

So no, they didn’t have a fall but it was far from what it could be; but it’s only the second time they have competed it.

Custom Title
    K/S: This didn't break 8s for PCS. Think about that. This program needed to be scored about a full point higher across the board. Wow. I'm really irritated now. I would LOVE to know why this didn't break 8 in choreography. The elements were so bang on the music it was uncanny. I predicted D/R beating them and I think that's still realistic, but man, this team is totally getting shellacked and it's just disappointing. I'm not even annoyed about them skating to this piece of music (which they've done so many times before) - that's how awesome this choreography was.

D/R: A massively difficult program, so wow. They're getting there, and the level of choreography and performance their showing is impressive

P/Z: A solid elements skate.

B/H: Have a better Rolling Stones program than P/B. Interesting choreography and interpretation.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 11-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    K/S: This didn't break 8s for PCS. Think about that. This program needed to be scored about a full point higher across the board. Wow. I'm really irritated now. I would LOVE to know why this didn't break 8 in choreography. The elements were so bang on the music it was uncanny.
    They actually did get 8s in two categories: Interpretation (8.07) and Performance/Execution (8.04) and they were very close on Skating Skills (7.93) and Choreography (7.96.) Their lowest PCS was 7.61 in Transitions. Many of these can be improved throughout the season this only being the second time they have been judged on the program.

I'm excited to see P/Z improve over the next few years but I still think bronze is wide open.

Custom Title
    I know, but overall, I'd have pegged this as a 34-35 PCS program, 37 if skated perfectly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I know, but overall, I'd have pegged this as a 34-35 PCS program, 37 if skated perfectly.
    I agree. This SP should get at least 35 PCS. And much higher if skated perfectly.
    V/T's crap got almost 36 for PCS. Ridiculous.

This is why I don't think K/S can catch any of the other teams, no matter what they do. The judges have been sending them very clear messages.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    After 2010, one element was removed from the short program (PCoSp) so their score by default will be about 5.40 less that it would have been back then.

They only received a level 1 on the death spiral (not enough revolutions and no hand change); had it been a level 4, the score would have been 1.50 higher. All those thing considered, their score today would have been about 73.68 give or take a few hundredths.

Also, this was a good program but they can perform some of those elements much better; like the jumps (landed but not in unison), twist (a level 4 but still too low), the throw (low and scratchy) and lift (exit could be much smoother.) The spins were spot on, probably the best in pairs and the footwork was good but their unison can be improved upon throughout the season.

So no, they didn’t have a fall but it was far from what it could be; but it’s only the second time they have competed it.
    Thank you for the explanation.

Custom Title
    K/S skated beautifully here. Not my favorite pair but good for them. I really think that K needs some dancing lessons, same thing for Megan Duhamel. Eric has such lovely presence on the ice, I just hope that Megan can catch up soon. They worked with drama a teacher but I think dancing lessons are more important. To me elegant body movement is much more important than making dramatic faces.

Peng/Zhang skated really well and I think the new girl has better performing potential than Dan Zhang, so they should be able to do better artistically once their technical skills allow them to do so. Considering they already have huge elements, (coach Bin Yao said they have the hugest ever throws in the world, more than 7 meters far!) giving time, they should do well.

The Italian pair was lovely too.

Good luck for everyone in the LP!
    Last edited by Ilvskating; 11-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I really liked the programs of all of the top 4. And I reallly, really liked Peng & Zhang. I guess I am a sucker for big, big tricks done well. I hope they continue to develop this quickly. Even their spins were very good, really fast and in pretty good unison. K/S surely deserved to win, and I liked their program more than V/T's at Skate America. (I haven't watched CoR yet, and have been avoiding it, since it sounds like it was not a well skated competition).

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 66.78 Short P, 2nd C, 3rd C, 4th C, 5th C
    2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 62.28 Short Pgm, 2nd Copy , 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    3. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 59.92 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) -57.30 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    6. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.96 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    7. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 51.44 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-17-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Custom Title
    K/S - the comment by British Eurosports guys (incl Nick Slater, ex ice dancer) says it all (Frida has already uploaded the video on youtube)
    D/R - I don't like what they do. Selecting a technically difficult jump doesn't serve the music, nor any point about pair skating. Their throws have ugly air positions and there is no attention to lines and aesthetics.
    P/Z - they will improve quickly.
    B/H - Beautiful!! Their skating has fantasia.
    S/K - Shame about the fall but I like the programme and the atmosphere they create.

Custom Title
    A well skated competition. Really enjoyed K/S a deserved lead but would have them further ahead. Was very impressed with the improvements the Chinese showed since their last comp. A good skate by B/H, I like their style. A little disappointing from S/K but they are within striking distance of the podium.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast