2012 TEB Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Pairs SP

Ilvskating

Final Flight
K/S skated beautifully here. Not my favorite pair but good for them. I really think that K needs some dancing lessons, same thing for Megan Duhamel. Eric has such lovely presence on the ice, I just hope that Megan can catch up soon. They worked with drama a teacher but I think dancing lessons are more important. To me elegant body movement is much more important than making dramatic faces.

Peng/Zhang skated really well and I think the new girl has better performing potential than Dan Zhang, so they should be able to do better artistically once their technical skills allow them to do so. Considering they already have huge elements, (coach Bin Yao said they have the hugest ever throws in the world, more than 7 meters far!) giving time, they should do well.

The Italian pair was lovely too.

Good luck for everyone in the LP!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I really liked the programs of all of the top 4. And I reallly, really liked Peng & Zhang. I guess I am a sucker for big, big tricks done well. I hope they continue to develop this quickly. Even their spins were very good, really fast and in pretty good unison. K/S surely deserved to win, and I liked their program more than V/T's at Skate America. (I haven't watched CoR yet, and have been avoiding it, since it sounds like it was not a well skated competition).

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 66.78 Short P, 2nd C, 3rd C, 4th C, 5th C
2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 62.28 Short Pgm, 2nd Copy , 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 59.92 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) -57.30 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.96 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 51.44 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

Last edited:

StellaCampo

On the Ice
K/S - the comment by British Eurosports guys (incl Nick Slater, ex ice dancer) says it all (Frida has already uploaded the video on youtube)
D/R - I don't like what they do. Selecting a technically difficult jump doesn't serve the music, nor any point about pair skating. Their throws have ugly air positions and there is no attention to lines and aesthetics.
P/Z - they will improve quickly.
B/H - Beautiful!! Their skating has fantasia.
S/K - Shame about the fall but I like the programme and the atmosphere they create.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A well skated competition. Really enjoyed K/S a deserved lead but would have them further ahead. Was very impressed with the improvements the Chinese showed since their last comp. A good skate by B/H, I like their style. A little disappointing from S/K but they are within striking distance of the podium.

yqs100

On the Ice
D/R,,,,they are more like two single skaters,,,lack of connection even tho the technical part is really strong

K/S ,,,nice!

P/Z .. looking forward to seeing the little girl grows up a bit