Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2012 TEB Short Dance SD

Interesting SD. I honestly thought that Pechalat & Bourzat would get a super score and got surprised with what happened.
    Zlobina & Sitnikov are personal favorites of mine. There were some children watching the SD with me and they got so thrilled with the couple from Azerbaijan that it made me smile.
    I feel sorry for Carron & Jones and Pushkash & Guerreiro. They can do better than that.
    Last edited by mikiandorocks; 11-16-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes, P&G and C&J can definitely do better than that. But both dances were kind of
    All that clown stuff and the really bad clown drawings on P&G's costumes, and the fake horse stuff in C&J's.

Custom Title
    SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 68.48 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    2. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 66.18 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 58.23 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 56.54 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    5. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 54.76 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    6. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 51.99 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    7. Ekaterina PUSHKASH & Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS) - 49.88 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    8. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 48.35 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-17-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Interview with Nathalie & Fabian in French
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUa9pA4xFPk

The channel has more interviews with TEB competitors.

Gilles & Poirier's SD is up in the Italian version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iqu-Abtes0I
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-17-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Custom Title
    I am not sure what to make of P and B. Are they better than last year or just lucky? their scores would suggest they have a shot for wgm

Medalist
    I think P&B's SD is very good ( I don't think it's quite as good as D&W's, but IMO it's better than V&M's), but they would have to really do work on their FD to have a shot, even an outside shot. The beginning is a mess, the rest is nice, but so far nothing spectacular. And yeah, the Canton teams don't look as sharp technically so far, but my feeling is that they're still a league away from the French and I'm not sure the French can ever make that up. But I do think P&B are sharper, better prepared this year right out of the gate and the judges see that as well and reward them for it.

P&B won the bronze medal at Worlds last year. That means that they are the first seed in both of their Grand Prix events this year. It's an advantage, for example, not to have to compete with V&M at TEB, something that they have had to do, more often than not.

Also their relatively weak performance in the GP last year was influenced by the fact that Fabian was very sick at Skate America (where they competed against D&W), had to skip Skate Canada, and then competed against V&M at TEB: I would say they were very unlucky last year, up until Worlds, where they were very lucky to have home ice advantage, and a French official on the Tech Panel as well as a French judge.

Custom Title
    Question on the protocols.

Does STw3 mean "twizzles, level 3"?

And does 1YP3 mean "first Yankee Polka sequence, level 3"?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    P&B's twizzles were downgraded to level 3. Protocols are up.

Gilles and Poirier got level 1 on one of their YP sequences.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

Custom Title
    P/B were great! Excellent dance overall, just a very sharp technical panel picking up on small errors, I guess! I really like their fight and attack this season. I agree with another poster that this SD could keep them close to V/M and D/W.

C/L also looked very good! I like their dance, I think it's one of the best SDs this year in terms of capturing the fun, light side of the polka. They have improved so much as performers. They are really connecting with the audience and showing the ability to express different moods and styles of music. I haven't been a big fan the last few years but am enjoying them this season. I think they still need more power and speed in their skating, though; there was a noticeable difference between them and P/B in that area.

R/T, well, it was okay. I just cannot get into this team. This was one of their better programs, but I still didn't care for it much. I feel no chemistry between them, no real interest. They are two attractive people skating nicely to music and that's as far as it goes for me.

H/D looked good I thought! I really like this program, I love how they do certain elements a bit differently than other teams, especially the twizzles. To me, they have great chemistry (unlike R/T), and I just enjoy watching them. I agree with another poster though, that the YP section didn't seem to QUITE work with the music--almost, but not quite. Still, I think they're starting to add more detail and flourish to the programs. Interesting--comparing this to the Shibs' SD last week--I could see H/D topping the Shibs in this segment at Nationals (although it would depend on a lot on their respective level scores, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    Question on the protocols.

Does STw3 mean "twizzles, level 3"?

And does 1YP3 mean "first Yankee Polka sequence, level 3"?
    Yes to both.

Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    H/D looked good I thought! I really like this program, I love how they do certain elements a bit differently than other teams, especially the twizzles. To me, they have great chemistry (unlike R/T), and I just enjoy watching them. I agree with another poster though, that the YP section didn't seem to QUITE work with the music--almost, but not quite. Still, I think they're starting to add more detail and flourish to the programs. Interesting--comparing this to the Shibs' SD last week--I could see H/D topping the Shibs in this segment at Nationals (although it would depend on a lot on their respective level scores, of course).
    I like this team a lot as well.

As for beating the Shibs at Nationals in the SD, I do say it's possible and I agree it will come down to levels.

Comparing to the two dances side by side:

H/D had the higher levels at 25.50 vs 24.00 for the Shibs.
    ** H/D got level 1 and 3 on their polkas; Shibs got level 2 and 3 on their polkas.
    ** However, the Shibs got level 2 on step sequence + twizzles (which is unlike them) while H/D scored level 4 on twizzles and lift and a level 3 on the step sequence.

As far as GOE, the Shibs win with 3.29 vs 2.35 for H/D.

Can't really do PCS since it's two different competitions but for what it's worth the Shibs got 30.97 vs. 28.69 for H/D.

But I think the bigger thread in the SD is actually Chock and Bates. Their COC SD was VERY good.
    * They got 28.50 BV, way above either couple
    * That included a level 4 polka seuqence; and level fours on twizzles and rotational lift.
    * They do lose to the Shibs in +GOE with 2.40.

We're in a bit of an apples and oranges situation as this was the first outing of the SD for the Shibs and C/B and H/D have had multiple outings with theirs between GPs and Senior Bs. So I hope by NHK Trophy we have a better idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3