Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Men's Short Program SP

Custom Title
    Very entertaining for Brian. I'm sure he'll score well, despite the fall-out on the 3-axel. He doesn't have great lines and stretch and not much re transitions, but he's beloved, and there was great drama and charisma -- his trademark.

Mura is fairly good techniquely, but no artistry to speak of.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I wonder what will be his reason to withdraw from FS this time...
    I'm hoping he will stay healthy

Custom Title
    Wow, I thought Brian might get closer to 80 for that performance (at least 78 or 79), but I guess the judges are not giving him extra points for his charisma. I think Brian is a better overall skater than Mura, and Mura had some slight technique problems (not clean on his quad), but I guess the judges are taking off for Brian's turn out on his 3-axel landing.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 11-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Custom Title
    Only 1 point more than Mura on PCS. No home scoring advantage in France

EDIT: I simply can't watch Tomas anymore. It's heartbreaking

Banned
    Well, with 2T in combo and sloppy landing in 3A, that TES... the GOE must have been generous... Okay

Custom Title
    Definitely figure skating these days is more skewed to jumps and completing jumps whether or not you have the maturity and expressiveness and line. So, although Brian connected more with the audience he did not perform to his full ability on the jumps which are his strongest asset (he doesn't have great lines, but he does have maturity and audience connection). Obviously, Brian's body is not young anymore and he's had so many injuries.

Custom Title
    Well, look like lace is a fashion in men.

No gold for Amodio anymore.

Custom Title
    Very weak competition so far, with Amodio taking a huge fall on the 4S...and a 2Lz,splat on the 3A. So by by any chance to make the final. Things are looking good for both Yuzuru and Daisuke now

Banned
    Mura's TES is like 20 points higer than Tomas but they have tthe same PCS. Something is definitely wrong with it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Only 1 point more than Mura on PCS. No home scoring advantage in France
    I thought it was actually fair, Brian's programs all look the same, like there is not even music behind, he skates the same way. As far as home court asvantage, let's not even go there, it shouldn't be any.

Custom Title
    Ouch, Florent had two falls and a double lutz. He's not going to like this score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I thought it was actually fair, Brian's programs all look the same, like there is not even music behind, he skates the same way. As far as home court asvantage, let's not even go there, it shouldn't be any.
    I am not saying it wasn't fair, but since he is competing in France, I expected some sort of advantage. Thumbs up for the judges this time

Custom Title
    This turning out to be a very sub par competition. Hope Jeremy can turn it around. I would ask for a refund if I was there in the arena.

Custom Title
    I am not enamored of Amodio's skating, but very surprising his inconsistency in this sp -- I guess it just got worse as it continued.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    This turning out to be a very sub par competition. Hope Jeremy can turn it around. I would ask for a refund if I was there in the arena.
    it's a bad day when we are hoping for Jeremy to save the day, considering his consistency issues

And he makes me eat my words

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast