2012 TEB Men's Short Program SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Men's Short Program SP

herios

Medalist
Good for Jeremy! I was starting to wonder if there was a hidden gravity well at TEB, pulling skaters down on the ice:laugh:

Many of these skaters competing here are known for being inconsistent and they certainly lived up to their fame. The best 2 skates are in the lead as they hould be.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Men_SP_Scores.pdf <---- protocals up.

Jeremy -- lost GOE on a spin and a level on his step sequence. Axel GOE also was not as high as we usually see from him.
Takahito -- 3T in 4T combo was UR negative GOE on his lutz. Judges loved -- rightfully so! -- his 3A -- +2 in GOE!
Brian -- -GOE on the 3A (as expected), level 1 combo spin.
---

Florent got zero points for a spin and tons of -3 all over the place. :(
Verener low levels and -GOE.....:(

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I thought Amodio was a solid one among these skaters before it started.:p

I'm really happy that Jeremy stopped trying quad in SP and made this new jumping layout! It worked!:thumbsup:

herios

Medalist
Good job for Abbott to come back with that program. And Mura's not going to let the Japanese GP medal streak end that easily! (And oh my...can you imagine if he won....)

The second tier japanese skaters need to bring it on anywhere where they skate, to tell the favorites, that there is not going to be an automatic coronation for them at the nationals. This will benefit automatically all of them, as they pull each other up.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Great. We have a quadless winner in SP. I wonder why Jeremy didn't get any 9 in PCS. If skating safe policy works for one guy, why shouldn't it work for another. His BV is 4th only, which means three other guys, including that Belgian dude with no titles, had balls to challenge tougher stuff.

Waiting for FS tomorrow.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Great. We have a quadless winner in SP. I wonder why Jeremy didn't get any 9 in PCS. If skating safe policy works for one guy, why shouldn't it work for another. His BV is 4th only, which means three other guys, including that Belgian dude with no titles, had balls to challenge tougher stuff.

Waiting for FS tomorrow.

But it was OK when Machida got 85 with a quadless SP in China? No need to answer:rolleye:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The second tier japanese skaters need to bring it on anywhere where they skate, to tell the favorites, that they are not going to be an automatic coronation for them at the nationals. This will benefit automatically all of them, as they pull each other up.

I totally agree! I love to see that six different skaters in Japan could potentially be GP medalists! (We have no U.S. men as GP medalists so far, hoping that Jeremy could end THAT streak....)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Okay...Just wondering if it's worthy to keep myself stay up until 2am watching Mens SP??? :disapp:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Very happy for Jeremy´s 1st place, well deserved! Huh, Joubert got 6.86 for his non-existing transitions... and it was only 1 point less than Abbott´s transitions score.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Nice performance for Jeremy and well done to Mura, Joubert and Hendrickx as well.

Verner, Besseghier and Amodio - I don't even know where to start.

Song must have gotten through his program on willpower... I still can't believe he's competing. Joubert's illness was no joke either, from the articles I've read - and he didn't even start training again until this past Monday. I hope they will both be able to skate well in the LP.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, dear... And the Tragi-Comedy of Errors continues in the Men's Event...

But on the bright side for me as a Brian-fan - not perfect, not his - normal - best, but a good effort, and I was happy to see it. I think he did try to go out there and have fun, and he looked satisfied with his score - so I'm content. Also, not having aced his short, at least he won't have reason to headcase his free. Yes, I think one should always have a positive attitude. ;)

Note: Saint-Saens seems really to be "in" this year, doesn't he?

Commentator comment: I do wish the Swedish Eurosport commentator would stop calling it Trophée Eric Bombard...

wallylutz

Medalist
But it was OK when Machida got 85 with a quadless SP in China? No need to answer:rolleye:

You could look at the handle and guess who would drag PC into a thread where he is not even competing...the best thing is just to scroll down and ignore.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Very good for Jeremy. He pulled that out well. It's such a well-choreographed program and he delivered, even though it wasn't his absolute best skate (shaky on some of the spins; but he overcame his nerves well and landed that 3-axel cleanly -- it will be interesting to see his GOEs). Good strategy to leave out the quad, especially with the weak field/ weak results. Jeremy was fortunate to be skating last. It seemed that he changed the set-up/ placement for his ending pose, coming out the spin and going into the pay-off position, rather than swaggering to the boards and turning around as he'd done earlier at SA. Glad he will get to skate last in the fp too. Hope he manages those nerves and skates his beautiful fp the way he can.

I would be happy to see the top three standings hold up as is after the fp!

Very happy for Jeremy´s 1st place, well deserved! Huh, Joubert got 6.86 for his non-existing transitions...

Amodio too... And with no jump + one spin missing he still manage not to finish last. 13.85 pt for two falls... Thanks wonderful COP.
Under 6.0 this would never happen. Let's not talk about Amodio 7 in performance/execution for his worst skate ever. Or 7.4 for empty choreo.