Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP

skating philosopher
    Looking at the protocols: Ashley got two level 3 spins that she typically gets level 4s on. If she got those levels, she would have been in the lead for sure. Drat!

Custom Title
    Ashley did what she needed to do, a good clean program. That is important, not that she was edged out by Lipnitkaya. That does not mateer at this point.

Custom Title
    Julia!What a fighter!What a competitor!))))I want her to win I think she'll do better than in China, where she gave the win to Mao.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    And now Julia gets an edge call on her 3Lz. In China she got an edge call on her 3Flip. This is strange. Both Polina and Liza got low levels on spins. Polina had her 3Loop URed. Liza's GOE was overall modest. I thought her 2A was to die for
    Last year Polina's spins got higher levels, I wonder what has changed. And that triple loop cost her 3 points if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, that was a very nice ladies short program. I am happy with the result though I wish Polina could fully rotate her triple flip and at least pass Meite. Good luck to all ladies in free skate!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    She has much higher scores on both TR and CH. It was the TES that got her.
    Hey, I'm saying that I think Ashley's PCS scores should be even a bit higher, IMHO, especially on TR and CH. Ashley is clearly a much more mature and polished skater with greater presentation skills than Lip. This sport over-rewards on jumping ability and if you can perform 3/3s with ease and are a contortionist too at a very young age, they seem to love to inflate your PCS as well.

I feel the judges would even have marked Ashley higher on PCS (as well as TES obviously) if she had completed a 3/3. They are disregarding the beautiful and graceful way Ashley completed her combo with arms overhead on the second jump (which is never given enough credit for the difficulty).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Looking at the protocols: Ashley got two level 3 spins that she typically gets level 4s on. If she got those levels, she would have been in the lead for sure. Drat!
    Julia also got a level 3 on her layback( I thought it was level 5 ). I am absolutely sure Ashley will edge out Julia tomorrow

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Ashley did what she needed to do, a good clean program. That is important, not that she was edged out by Lipnitkaya. That does not mateer at this point.
    I agree. But still, it's worth noting.

And actually I'm wrong. She got level 3s on those spins at SA. But she CAN get level 4s on them. Her BV improved by a point with a better level on the step sequence.

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols. Julia's only mistake was the flutz on her Lutz, and her PCS marks should be higher
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-16-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Custom Title
    got to see final flight thanks to poster who provided links - and i love the Eurosport guys so it was extra special! thanks!!!

I truly adore Ashley's SP - nice to see her really nail it. That double axel into a split jump or falling leaf is just such a lovely move! But I love the whole program and like what the commentators said about its deliberate qualities and the way everything is finished and it sort of breathes with the music. Very nice. Loved the Russians too and wow, Meite is just so awesome! Great to watch. thanks again for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Hey, I'm saying that I think Ashley's PCS scores should be even a bit higher, IMHO, especially on TR and CH. Ashley is clearly a much more mature and polished skater with greater presentation skills than Lip. This sport over-rewards on jumping ability and if you can perform 3/3s with ease and are a contortionist too at a very young age, they seem to love to inflate your PCS as well.

I feel the judges would even have marked Ashley higher on PCS (as well as TES obviously) if she had completed a 3/3. They are disregarding the beautiful and graceful way Ashley completed her combo with arms overhead on the second jump (which is never given enough credit for the difficulty).
    Oh ok I misunderstood.

Agree completely about arms overhead not getting as much credit as it deserves.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

Ashley currently has the second highest SP score in the GP circuit, beating a whole slew of girls with 3-3s with her 3-3 less program. I'm not sure if the judges are complexly disregarding Ashley's great skating.

Custom Title
    Not a fan of Julia or Ashley but I think if Ashley is clean she should win. She skates more mature with better skating skills. Her program is better constructed too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    The PCS for the three Russian girls should be flipped IMO (Tuktamysheva 1st, Korobeynikova 2nd, and Lipnitskaya 3rd)
    I agree...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Not a fan of Julia or Ashley but I think if Ashley is clean she should win. She skates more mature with better skating skills. Her program is better constructed too.
    Ashley is technically inferior to Julia. Julia deserved the lead today, as Ashley had no 3x3 combination. If Julia skates clean in the LP, she will win

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Ashley is technically inferior to Julia. Julia deserved the lead today, as Ashley had no 3x3 combination. If Julia skates clean in the LP, she will win
    Julia has a 3X3. Besides that, her jumps are small and her 2A is atrocious. Ashley flutzes (so does Julia), but otherwise has a lot of speed, height and flow in her jumps. Julia's spins are better, but not by a mile -- Ashley has strong spins on the whole.

The judges sent the message with such a close score that a clean Julia will not necessarily always beat a clean Ashley. As I pointed out if Ashley just did her spins to level 4 (which is a technical panel issue), which she can do, she would have won the SP. I don't think Julia has it in the bag just yet.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-16-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast