Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP

Second but BARELY, she and Nicks seem happy with it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    I understand why Lipnitskaya gets higher PCS. Because her flexible movements that most people dislike are actually difficult transitions. And I think she deserves that score, she has that "wow" factor. The crowd always goes crazy after her unique spins at the end of program. She does something original that nobody in the current field can do, right? But of course I agree that she is not mature, and skating with no sense except ambition.
    I actually think your comment makes a good sense

Custom Title
    Ashley goes into 2nd. Julia L wins the SP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!

Custom Title
    Are you kidding me?

This is correct. The judges are keeping it close. Her PCS, rightfully so, I 'm guessing, is much higher.

Custom Title
    Second place it is but basically she is tied with Julia. I predict Ashley will win overall just like Mao did in China. I would absolutely love to see Liza with a silver and with a chance to qualify but it won't happen.

Custom Title
    wow... scores between Ashley and Julia are close

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    This is correct. The judges are keeping it close. Her PCS, rightfully so, I 'm guessing, is much higher.
    Actually looking at it now I agree. I haven't read the protocols but I'm guessing the TES is correct; her PCS relative to Julia's are much higher as you say. I am okay with this result.

Custom Title
    Way to go, Ashley!

I don't care about Lip's jumping and contortionist abilities, she lacks musical interpretation and maturity. I would have Ashley in first, with slightly higher scores on TR and CH at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Actually looking at it now I agree. I haven't read the protocols but I'm guessing the TES is correct; her PCS relative to Julia's are much higher as you say. I am okay with this result.
    As I said, I think Ashley is being a good competitor. No need to peak at TEB! Get that 3-3 perfected for Worlds!

Custom Title
    I don't like Ashley's SP, the music is annoying. But she did very well today and I'm agree with the results

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Way to go, Ashley!

I don't care about Lip's jumping and contortionist abilities, she lacks musical interpretation and maturity. I would have Ashley in first, with slightly higher scores on TR and CH at the least.
    She has much higher scores on both TR and CH. It was the TES that got her.

Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    I understand why Lipnitskaya gets higher PCS. Because her flexible movements that most people dislike are actually difficult transitions. And I think she deserves that score, she has that "wow" factor. The crowd always goes crazy after her unique spins at the end of program. She does something original that nobody in the current field can do, right? But of course I agree that she is not mature, and skating with no sense except ambition.
    Yes, this makes sense, I think, but I would prefer Tuktamysheva's mature interpretation over Julia's "circus contortionist-like" program!

Custom Title
    And now Julia gets an edge call on her 3Lz. In China she got an edge call on her 3Flip. This is strange. Both Polina and Liza got low levels on spins. Polina had her 3Loop URed. Liza's GOE was overall modest. I thought her 2A was to die for

Got to see Mai and Ashley performances only. WOW for Ashley, loved it. She really owns that piece of music.
    Mae was great too, I think that was the best I have seen her skate. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

Congrats to Julia!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 11-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast