Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Japanese Jr nationals

Banned
    Stephan Lambiel is invited as a quest skater at Gala.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That's a class move

I wish USFS did stuff like invite Lambiel to the Gala

Custom Title
    This year's broadcast time was ten minutes longer than usual. That was entirely devoted to the Honda Family. More like its main purpose was a promotion of Marin rather than Taichi's performance itself. Fuji TV's commitment to Marin is out of the ordinary. It's realy possible that she can be invited to senior nationals in next year. Even the JSF would not turn down if there was a demand from the biggest sponsor.

by the way, Marin has laned a triple loop at a local competition in early december. Taichi has no success yet after about seven attempts.

Banned
    ^ I think she is talking about this vid (Juniors and Hondas featured from 2:10) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9WzYUKUuA

Banned
    nice for Lambiel any other invited international skaters at the gala ?
    keyhole works well for mac right ? I tried it last year didnt work for me

Custom Title
    I really like Satoko.

On the Ice
    I really think that Fuji's interest in the Hondas probably has a LOT to to with Miyu who has been in some successful dramas.

I wish that novice skaters who were good enough to place high in junior nationals would be invited to senior nats like Sota Yamamoto this year. Do they feel that it's too much pressure or too many competitions for them?

Custom Title
    Actually, I think Miyu is also used for Marin promotions like Taichi. Miyu became well known after appearing on a program of TBS (Fuji's rival station) as a child actress. At this point, Miyu is more famous than Marin in Japan. But Marin was introduced to general public only at the first occasion (Kinki regional) as "Miyu's elder sister". At the time of novice nationals, there was no citing of Miyu's name.
    Last edited by NMURA; 12-19-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2