Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB - Pairs Long Program

Banned
    bit off FS from Kavaguti/Smirnov but SP Gap should be enough for Gold

ETA: Yes Gold and their PCS have increased !!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she's so young, isnt Zhang like 29 years old already

He is 28

Well, thank goodness!

I was nervous during the entirety of Kawaguti/Smirnov's program - the price of being a fan, but worth it.

Also, clear for the GPF - yay!

Medalist
    S/K were WAY under marked. Their performance was actually my favorite of the free skate. They should have been in third overall.

K/S underwhelm me. D/R underwhelmed me here.

Custom Title
    K/S.That was the first time when I felt their program.Just beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    K/S.That was the first time when I felt their program.Just beautiful
    The same for me!!

Custom Title
    no vedio yet?

Watching Universal's delayed coverage right now and Andrea Joyce said that the costume for K/S(younger pair) would make sense once the audience realized they were skating to the Addam's Family... but I still didn't get it (when did Morticia, or any female Addams, wear red??) ... or most of the choreography (cheesey)

Custom Title
    PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 187.99 Long Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 186.71 Long Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 169.49 Long Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 167.76 Long Program
    5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 166.73 Long Program
    6. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 163.65 Long Program
    7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 151.34 Long Program
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Medalist
    Kavaguti & Smirnov: I love this program. I find the choreography is wonderful but would need better skaters. Imagine Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze skate to this..Kavaguti looks freakingly thin.

Duhamel & Radford: Quite the opposite here cuz I love this pair but hate their current LP

Italian pair : Zzzzzz

Peng & Zhang: They just look wrong together. No wonder she's too weak to land consistently her throws. 4 twist not even that impressive when you see how tiny she is.

2nd Russian pair: Ok, good performance...that I didn't enjoy.

James & Cipres: Absolutely love this pair, Vanessa is so beautiful. What a pity the mistake on the sbs 3 sal. Love the music selections too. Impressed that Morgan hold himself together, at last.

Popova & Massot: Not too bad, how long have they been skating together? Bruno looked better a few years back...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Kavaguti & Smirnov: I love this program. I find the choreography is wonderful but would need better skaters. Imagine Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze skate to this..Kavaguti looks freakingly thin.

Duhamel & Radford: Quite the opposite here cuz I love this pair but hate their current LP

Italian pair : Zzzzzz

Peng & Zhang: They just look wrong together. No wonder she's too weak to land consistently her throws. 4 twist not even that impressive when you see how tiny she is.

2nd Russian pair: Ok, good performance...that I didn't enjoy.

James & Cipres: Absolutely love this pair, Vanessa is so beautiful. What a pity the mistake on the sbs 3 sal. Love the music selections too. Impressed that Morgan hold himself together, at last.

Popova & Massot: Not too bad, how long have they been skating together? Bruno looked better a few years back...

mind you the height difference of P/Z is still less than D/R,,, how tiny Miss D is,,,compared to her taaall partner

PENG 156cm ZHANG 181cm

DUHAMEL 149cm RADFORD 186cm!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by yqs100; 11-17-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Custom Title
    I'd echo that this is the first time that I like K/S's program,and it did crossed my mind how about xx skate this, but K/S did skated very lovely.

I love the Italian and the Frech pairs. both ladies are really lovely. James becomes such a strong skater, and polished as well.

I also love Peng/Zhang. I love this new girl! zhang needs to Chang his "hairdo"

D/R had a nice skate, and it looked better than their SP performance wise.

All in all, good competition! Why all those empty seats though?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Kavaguti & Smirnov: I love this program. I find the choreography is wonderful but would need better skaters. Imagine Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze skate to this.
    I think their programs this season are fantastic, though like you I can't help but think they would have been even better if performed by some of Moskvina's past students.

James is, according to their bio, very tall for a pairs girl, and Morgan only switched to pairs a little over two years ago. They deserve a lot of credit and if they continue to progress at such an impressive rate, I expect good things for them.

I think Popova and Massot have been together for about a year and a half. I wish they could train with Ingo full time, it would do them good.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=Buttercup;680428]I think their programs this season are fantastic, though like you I can't help but think they would have been even better if performed by some of Moskvina's past students.

Yes, even Petrov & Bechke would have skated it better. I really liked them and wished they had been given better programmes such as this one.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by yqs100 View Post
    mind you the height difference of P/Z is still less than D/R,,, how tiny Miss D is,,,compared to her taaall partner

PENG 156cm ZHANG 181cm

DUHAMEL 149cm RADFORD 186cm!!!!!!!!
    I agree that the height difference can be distracting as well with D&R. However, at least Meagan looks healthy and strong when Cheng really looks like an underfed twelve y-o girl. Also, Hao is almost twice her age, which to me, is just wrong. Lastly, Radford's line is arguably much better than Hao's, but that's a matter of personal taste I guess.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast