Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Men's Long Programs LP

Custom Title
    Looking at the PCS though, the judges gave Jeremy the highest scores of the men's LP event by almost 5 points? That's saying something. If he could only up the technical ante. Is he injured still?

Medalist
    Who would have predicted Mura winning?

He's the sixth Japanese man to medal this GP season, and the third to win gold.

Weird that neither Hanyu nor Takahashi have won an event yet. But there's always next week!

skating philosopher
    So here's the Japanese medal haul

Gold: Kozuka, Machida, Mura
    Silver: Hanyu,Takahashi, Kozuka
    Bronze: Machida and Oda

Japanese men are 8/10 for medals. Whew!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I'm really angry with the Japanese fed for not having one of Dai or Hanyu here.
    Yeah I agree. It would have been so easy for one to win this event.

Custom Title
    Not surprised. That quad is really hurting Jeremy's chances. I haven't seen him land it cleanly in a while. I think that for the sake of his placements at these early competitions, he should consider performing triples and triple-triples that he knows he can do well. His component scores are high enough that he should perform well if he concentrates on his technical execution rather than his base value. My losing the quad and doing a triple-triple, he's getting the same difference in base value.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Not surprised. That quad is really hurting Jeremy's chances. I haven't seen him land it cleanly in a while. I think that for the sake of his placements at these early competitions, he should consider performing triples and triple-triples that he knows he can do well. His component scores are high enough that he should perform well if he concentrates on his technical execution rather than his base value. My losing the quad and doing a triple-triple, he's getting the same difference in base value.
    And what will happen when he later will need the quad?

Jeremy's LP is sleep inducing. Am surprised so many people think highly of it.

Amodio's scoring in both programs was a disgrace.

Well done to Song and Joubert for getting through their programs and get well soon to Hendrickx.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    (though still sad about Brian - still, he'll be back - he always is - would be easier for me as a fan, though, if there wasn't always something to be back from... but at least illness is something over which he himself had no control.)
    I feel like some of the judges dislike him? He could have been better scored here.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Mura! He earned it and deserve it... I don't like Jeremy's attitude/gesture/behavior/demeanor at any competition whether he wins or loses. He always come across as cocky to me. Cocky when he wins and even when he loses. He judges his performance too before the real judges in panel gives their score. Sucks!!!
    Last edited by bixby; 11-17-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well that was better than Skate America....but I'm not sure if it's enough. He will get 80 on PCS probably, so he needs just under 70 in TES.
    Only 63 TES. Very low, for such a skater. He was showing with his hands so and so. It was rather thumbs down, not so-so!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I feel like some of the judges dislike him? He could have been better scored here.
    Well, I'm utterly, completely, and unashamedly biassed, so... I do wish I could have heard what the BESP commentors would have said, though, they are unfashionable enough to actually like him.

Edited for - sigh - spelling...

Custom Title
    I have no idea how Amodio could finish ahead of Joubert overall. Nan Song was underscored too. A pity that Hendrickx had to withdraw. The 6th best Japanese is better than the best American. These Japanese are incredible this season.

Custom Title
    Same thing here. Was it some "hot stadio" page that you can't close? I finally managed to get rid of it but forget how. I tried so many times. I think that I closed my browser and right click it again to pick a page I trust instead of click the firefox directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Ugh. It took me forever to get rid of a virus.Now I'm scuuuuuuuurred to click any link lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Cannot agree more. he leaves so many points on the table, with the rest of his jumps, beside the quad. He could land all his triples and with his PCS he could be sky high. But he is focusing on the wrong element IMO.

skating philosopher
    Protocals are up. http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

First of all, Jeremy needs to work on his spins -- he got a level 1 on one and a level 2 on the other. If he put those spins at level 3, he would have won the competition, me thinks.

Amodio: Also lost levels on spins as well; one level 1 spin, two level 2 spins. But had decent jumps. Edge call on the flip.
    Mura: +GOE on everything except the 1F, which got an edge call. Judges looooved his jumps he got +1 overall on three different jumps including a nice 1.71 for the quad.
    Abbott: Botched jumps and low spins lead to a really low BV --59. He's below everyone except Jinlin Guan and Tomas Verner. Yikes!
    Song: Yay for finishing 4th! Another flip call (does everyone lip now?)
    Joubert: UR on 4T, edge call on...you guessed it...the flips. Spin levels are low as well.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast