Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 291

Thread: 2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

  1. #271
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Um sweetheart, please don't take that condescending "I know more than you" tone with me. Agnes does have nice speed and skates with ease across the ice and just b/c you don't think so doesn't count for much. Your favorite skater was Rachael Flatt so that's a good indication of what you base your opinions on. You've seen Ashley live...well congratulations, I guess that makes you the authority on the matter. Were you in Paris when she skated this weekend?

    If you disagreed with Ashley's marks that's fine. I thought they were justified as do many others on this forum; others disagree and like I said, that's fine. But your jibe at me about "knowing nothing" was uncalled for and rude.
    I've also seen Ashley live -- at Skate America. I will grant that she doesn't have blazing speed (nor is she super slow), but she DOES have is an amazing power and presence. You could sense her energy even as she was warming up.

    I would think that presence would merit good marks in IN + PE, which lookie here, are her two highest PCS components at TEB!

    Macassar88 WAS at TEB, so I'm hoping that he will reveal his thoughts in due time.

  2. #272
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I've also seen Ashley live -- at Skate America. I will grant that she doesn't have blazing speed (nor is she super slow), but she DOES have is an amazing power and presence. You could sense her energy even as she was warming up.

    I would think that presence would merit good marks in IN + PE, which lookie here, are her two highest PCS components at TEB!

    Macassar88 WAS at TEB, so I'm hoping that he will reveal his thoughts in due time.
    I agree. I never implied Ashely had Kostner-like speed or anything like that; I think she has good speed and nice flow around the ice. She doesn't appear to be creeping at a snail's pace and nor does she look labored or unsure of herself as she moves around. Ashley's presence is wonderful on the ice. She takes command from the instant she steps out there and that kind of confidence is very admirable...even more so when she skates the way she's been skating b/c she's backing that confidence up with a great performance.

  3. #273
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That sentence is art. Also sport.

  4. #274
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    UYour favorite skater was Rachael Flatt so that's a good indication of what you base your opinions on. You've seen Ashley live...well congratulations, I guess that makes you the authority on the matter. .
    Now, in FlattFan's defense, she has announced that Rachael is dead to her now, so at least she's seen the error of her ways

    More on point, I've also seen Ashley live, twice. Her speed is nothing to write home about, but it is not worse than average. In fact, for a skater at her level I'd put it at right about average, perhaps slightly above. I admit I've not seen her live this year. I would say I found her better than average at not losing speed coming out of jumps or spins (though I'll also admit some of her endings of spins have looked a bit slow this year).

    When I did see her live, she was faster than Flatt, and slower than Nagasu for what it is worth. Of course now, Nagasu is likely slower based on recent reports from people who have seen her live.

  5. #275
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Um sweetheart, please don't take that condescending "I know more than you" tone with me. Agnes does have nice speed and skates with ease across the ice and just b/c you don't think so doesn't count for much. Your favorite skater was Rachael Flatt so that's a good indication of what you base your opinions on. You've seen Ashley live...well congratulations, I guess that makes you the authority on the matter. Were you in Paris when she skated this weekend?

    If you disagreed with Ashley's marks that's fine. I thought they were justified as do many others on this forum; others disagree and like I said, that's fine. But your jibe at me about "knowing nothing" was uncalled for and rude.
    Again, you struggled to understand what I said and got indignant when I called you out. Name one poster who's seen Agnes and said had the speed and ease across the ice. You were quite stubborn about it, my dear.
    And resort to drag Rachael, who is done, into the post is just desperate.

    Your tone is quite hostile. Maybe time to step back from the computer and take a nice walk?

  6. #276
    Rinkside tripletimes3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    2
    Ashley is really bringing it, congrats to her, she has obviously been working very hard. Seems like it has been awhile since the U.S. has had a skater who is as consistent as Ashley. I hope she continues this winning streak.
    I think her programs could stand a little more choreography, but still, they are very solid programs. Shall we just give her the nationals gold medal now and save time?

  7. #277
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletimes3 View Post
    Ashley is really bringing it, congrats to her, she has obviously been working very hard. Seems like it has been awhile since the U.S. has had a skater who is as consistent as Ashley. I hope she continues this winning streak.
    I think her programs could stand a little more choreography, but still, they are very solid programs. Shall we just give her the nationals gold medal now and save time?
    First of all, welcome! (a lot of new people are joining us!)
    Then, I agree about Ashley: I think she is the most consistent American lady since Michelle Kwan! And, it looks like the GPF Ladies Champion will be for the third time in a row a first time-winner!

  8. #278
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    She has a head cold and was battling it throughout her FS--after her spectacular skate when Nicks asked her if she was feeling good, she replied, "No."
    Thanks for filling me in. I was not following TEB news closely, but was/am happy for Wagner. Am even more impressed to learn that she did not let a cold stop her.

  9. #279
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Sorry to rain on Ashley's parade, but her LP appears pale comparing with Joannie rochette's program. when the music was crying for choreography, she simply glide around with a few wiggling of wrists. I'm glad Ashley finally put things together, but I think her scores are a bit too high.
    I have to disagree on this point. Personally I find Ashley's Samson & Delilah much superior to Joannie's. I thought Joannie's version was okay but no more than that. I preferred many of her other programs. Joannie is a wonderful skater, but what you need for this music is fire and confidence and sharpness--not qualities I associate with Joannie.

  10. #280
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Again, you struggled to understand what I said and got indignant when I called you out. Name one poster who's seen Agnes and said had the speed and ease across the ice. You were quite stubborn about it, my dear.
    And resort to drag Rachael, who is done, into the post is just desperate.

    Your tone is quite hostile. Maybe time to step back from the computer and take a nice walk?

    And yet again, you struggle to understand the concept that your condescending and belittling tone isn't appreciated, sweetie. I never said Ashley or Agnes skated with immense or mind-blowing speed; I said their speed was "good" or "nice", and several people here corroborated my claims by saying the same thing...so either you are incapable of comprehending the context of the words "good" and "nice" or you're the stubborn one here.

    And using Rachael to prove my point has nothing to do with desperation. It's just a measuring stick of what you use or (to be fair as tulosai said) once used to judge skaters, so I think that correctly illustrates my point. Judging by your past comments you seem to like to incite a bit of shock/hostility on this forum and that's just fine...but you shouldn't act surprised if someone takes offense to your comments. If you make snarky remarks be prepared to receive some snark back, honey.

  11. #281
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,084
    Speed and gliding are nice but not if you don't land the jumps!!! I thought Ashley deserved her marks and more. She was confident, strong, and most of all clean! Her jump landings were not sloppy. Not sure why anyone would try to compare her to Joannie Rochette though. Just saying.

  12. #282
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    And yet again, you struggle to understand the concept that your condescending and belittling tone isn't appreciated, sweetie. I never said Ashley or Agnes skated with immense or mind-blowing speed; I said their speed was "good" or "nice", and several people here corroborated my claims by saying the same thing...so either you are incapable of comprehending the context of the words "good" and "nice" or you're the stubborn one here.
    Who here thought Agnes was "good" and "nice"? Name one beside yourself and your cat. Sweetheart, I'm not here to coddle you. I called you out on an incredulous claim and you immediately got all defensive.
    And using Rachael to prove my point has nothing to do with desperation. It's just a measuring stick of what you use or (to be fair as tulosai said) once used to judge skaters, so I think that correctly illustrates my point. Judging by your past comments you seem to like to incite a bit of shock/hostility on this forum and that's just fine...but you shouldn't act surprised if someone takes offense to your comments. If you make snarky remarks be prepared to receive some snark back, honey.
    When did I say Rachael had speed? It added desperation to your point. You can snark away, sweetheart.

  13. #283
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    When did I say Rachael had speed? It added desperation to your point. You can snark away, sweetheart.
    I really don't know why I am getting involved in this, but you actually said Rachael had speed after Nationals last year. You haven't said it in this thread, but it is certainly a claim you have made.

  14. #284
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I really don't know why I am getting involved in this, but you actually said Rachael had speed after Nationals last year. You haven't said it in this thread, but it is certainly a claim you have made.
    I would be shocked if I actually said Rachael was speedy or any silly claim like that.
    Luckily there's a search function, so I can find out exactly what I said

    in the short program
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan
    8. Rachael. She landed the 3F in warm-up. Then doubled her 3Lutz later. Then went back and rotated the 3Lutz-2T. I thought she's smart to do the Lutz in combo. She wouldn't need to have steps in front of it. What a fighter! From not able to land flips and lutz to put both of them out in the SP. Trouble with the 2A. I thought she would be around 56-57. Oh well. She got quite a few groupies with her. During the warm-up, they did a segment on her.
    7. Christina. Troubled on her flip, so she aborted the 3T. She did 3F3T in warm up twice I believe. The second time, she URed and two-footed the 3T. Overall, ok performance. She is the fastest girl in the top 10. Axel is also work-in-progress. I believe she can develop a bit more.
    4. Agnes. Wow!!! During warm-up, she doubled a few times. I was nervous for her. Then her 3T3T combo. And the beautiful 3Lutz. Gracie should take a look at Agnes' 3Lutz. It was perfect from take off to landing. Perfect air position. Love this SP. I thought they would give her 63 just to keep Alissa in the game. Good score! Now, this girl is still very slow. Maybe work on her speed and consistency. The US fed has 2 great girls who can outjump the Russian babies. Need to start polish both of them now.
    Here's what I said in the LP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan
    Some notes from watching all of them lives.
    Rachael was slower today than yesterday. Her back is very stiff, which makes her spins particularly average. She does keep her speed throughout, and you can see she's attacking all of her elements. Very determined. College is demanding. She's doing both and doing an admirable job. Great girl.
    Speed:
    Ashley>Christina>Alissa>Vanessa=Agnes=Rachael>Caro line>Mirai
    Tulosai, I did not say Rachael had speed. I said she kept her (slow) speed constant throughout the program. Some other girls, like Mirai, depending on the mistake, would drop the speed from above average to below average.
    Christina was the fastest in the SP, but she made too many mistakes in the LP, and dropped her speed. This is why I put her below Ashley in the LP.

    You owe me an apology for making up something I didn't say.

  15. #285
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I would be shocked if I actually said Rachael was speedy or any silly claim like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    She does keep her speed throughout
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I did not say Rachael had speed.
    hmmm

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •