Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

Miserere Nobis
    Wagner, Lipnitskaia, Korpi, and Tuk in GPF...expecting Suzuki and Asada to qualify after NHK as well...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Liza for the GPF?!
    Julia and Liza will be in GPF

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Second and fourth can tae Liza to gpf?

Ashley was amazing, best program of the night!

Custom Title
    Liza for the GPF?!
    Looks like all three medalists are at the final now, Ashley with 1+1, Julia with 2+3 and Liza with 2+4 and higher scores than Gao who also has 2+4. Theoretically Zawadzki has a chance to qualify, but it's unlikely, I don't think she can beat Mao or Akiko in Japan

Wagner, Lipnitskaia, Korpi, and Tuk in GPF...expecting Suzuki and Asada to qualify after NHK as well...
    Awesome. That would be a great GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Solid skate from Ashley
    some tiny mistakes from Julia

and Liza in GPF , first time I had correct GP Prediction
    I take what I said back my memory was wrong.

Yay Liza!

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Liza may or may not be in GPF. Currently 4 people are above her and Adada and Suzuki compete next week. Liza will need real help from them to make it.
    Which four? Wagner, Lipnitskaia, Korpi, ...?

Edit: Oh, okay

Custom Title
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOO happy with the result!!!!!!!!!Tell me,please, is Lisa in the gpf or not????I want her to go there SO much! She was better than I supposed her to be. She nailed everything! What a performance! And all of it while she is still struggling with her weight
    I still perefer Julia but happy that 2 our girls (I HOPE) get the chance to be in the gpf

GP Standings

Ashley Wagner - 30
    Kiira Korpi - 26
    Julia Lipnitskaia - 24
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva --22 347.62
    Christina Gao --22 338.96
    Kanako Murakami -20
    ------
    Adelina Sotnikova 18
    Gracie Gold - 17

Still to skate:
    Mao Asada -15
    Akiko Suzuki -13
    Agnes Zadwadski -11
    Mirai Nagasu -9

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    GP Standings

Ashley Wagner - 30
    Kiira Korpi - 26
    Julia Lipnitskaia - 24
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva --22 347.62
    Christina Gao --22 338.96
    Kanako Murakami -20
    ------
    Adelina Sotnikova 18
    Gracie Gold - 17

Still to skate:
    Mao Asada -15
    Akiko Suzuki -13
    Agnes Zadwadski -11
    Mirai Nagasu -9
    Wait, Mirai has another GP event? When did this happen

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOO happy with the result!!!!!!!!!Tell me,please, is Lisa in the gpf or not????I want her to go there SO much! She was better than I supposed her to be. She nailed everything! What a performance! And all of it while she is still struggling with her weight
    I still perefer Julia but happy that 2 our girls (I HOPE) get the chance to be in the gpf
    I believe that Liza is...Wagner, Korpi, and Lipnitskaia are ahead of her, with the most likely qualifiers from NHK being Asada and Suzuki.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    This has been an excellent competition from the top 3 so far. I'd love to see Ashley and Liza finish 1-2...
    And your wish is realized. Ashley was excellent! I love how Ashley took her time and accentuated every move. She was really on, but in a very paced way, as if she's building and peaking toward the more pressure-filled and difficult challenges of Nationals and Worlds. I'm so impressed with Ashley's desire and fortitude and with John Nick's professionalism and excellence as a coach. Brava! Bravo!

There's no way that Julia should have ever been in first in the sp, but that's the way the sport is judged, often blindly. I will say overall the judging has been fair. I just feel Julia was a bit over-scored in the sp (being given a bit more credit than she deserved re her poor 2-axel technique, and lack of maturity). That said, obviously Julia, IMO, is someone to watch. As far as Russian baby ballerinas go, I think Tuykt and Julia have the most grit and overall talent, while Sotnikova, Julia and Tuykt have the most potential to fully develop as mature artists. Right now they are little girls trying to express deep emotions that they simply don't have enough life experience to fully express on the ice in a truly complete way.

In watching Julia without that sp get-up, I think she looks a lot better in the fp. I could actually see more of her. I think she moves her arms very gracefully but way too much and not in a purposeful way that really complements the music. I think Julia would make an excellent ballerina, and I wonder why she didn't go that route instead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I take what I said back my memory was wrong.

Yay Liza!
    Im feeling a bit guilty but I was actually hoping Julia would be behind Liza in FS for Tuk to qualify and it happened

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Wait, Mirai has another GP event? When did this happen
    Sometime before the while "WHY ISN'T K. OSMOND GETTING ANOTHER GP EVENT" thing. She is in for NHK!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    And your wish is realized. Ashley was excellent! I love how Ashley took her time and accentuated every move. She was really on, but in a very paced way, as if she's building and peaking toward the more pressure-filled and difficult challenges of Nationals and Worlds. I'm so impressed with Ashley's desire and fortitude and with John Nick's professionalism and excellence as a coach. Brava! Bravo!

There's no way that Julia should have ever been in first in the sp, but that's the way the sport is judged, often blindly. I will say overall the judging has been fair. I just feel Julia was a bit over-scored in the sp (being given a bit more credit than she deserved re her poor 2-axel technique, and lack of maturity). That said, obviously Julia, IMO, is someone to watch. As far as Russian baby ballerinas go, I think Tuykt and Julia have the most grit and overall talent, while Sotnikova, Julia and Tuykt have the most potential to fully develop as mature artists. Right now they are little girls trying to express deep emotions that they simply don't have enough life experience to fully express on the ice in a truly complete way.

In watching Julia without that sp get-up, I think she looks a lot better in the fp. I could actually see more of her. I think she moves her arms very gracefully but way too much and not in a purposeful way that really complements the music. I think Julia would make an excellent ballerina, and I wonder why she didn't go that route instead.
    She hates ballet

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast