2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

noskates

Record Breaker
Speed and gliding are nice but not if you don't land the jumps!!! I thought Ashley deserved her marks and more. She was confident, strong, and most of all clean! Her jump landings were not sloppy. Not sure why anyone would try to compare her to Joannie Rochette though. Just saying.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
And yet again, you struggle to understand the concept that your condescending and belittling tone isn't appreciated, sweetie.:) I never said Ashley or Agnes skated with immense or mind-blowing speed; I said their speed was "good" or "nice", and several people here corroborated my claims by saying the same thing...so either you are incapable of comprehending the context of the words "good" and "nice" or you're the stubborn one here.

Who here thought Agnes was "good" and "nice"? Name one beside yourself and your cat. Sweetheart, I'm not here to coddle you. I called you out on an incredulous claim and you immediately got all defensive.
And using Rachael to prove my point has nothing to do with desperation. It's just a measuring stick of what you use or (to be fair as tulosai said) once used to judge skaters, so I think that correctly illustrates my point. Judging by your past comments you seem to like to incite a bit of shock/hostility on this forum and that's just fine...but you shouldn't act surprised if someone takes offense to your comments. If you make snarky remarks be prepared to receive some snark back, honey. ;)
When did I say Rachael had speed? It added desperation to your point. You can snark away, sweetheart. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
When did I say Rachael had speed? It added desperation to your point. You can snark away, sweetheart. :)

I really don't know why I am getting involved in this, but you actually said Rachael had speed after Nationals last year. You haven't said it in this thread, but it is certainly a claim you have made.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I really don't know why I am getting involved in this, but you actually said Rachael had speed after Nationals last year. You haven't said it in this thread, but it is certainly a claim you have made.
I would be shocked if I actually said Rachael was speedy or any silly claim like that.
Luckily there's a search function, so I can find out exactly what I said

in the short program
FlattFan said:
8. Rachael. She landed the 3F in warm-up. Then doubled her 3Lutz later. Then went back and rotated the 3Lutz-2T. I thought she's smart to do the Lutz in combo. She wouldn't need to have steps in front of it. What a fighter! From not able to land flips and lutz to put both of them out in the SP. Trouble with the 2A. I thought she would be around 56-57. Oh well. She got quite a few groupies with her. During the warm-up, they did a segment on her.
7. Christina. Troubled on her flip, so she aborted the 3T. She did 3F3T in warm up twice I believe. The second time, she URed and two-footed the 3T. Overall, ok performance. She is the fastest girl in the top 10. Axel is also work-in-progress. I believe she can develop a bit more.
4. Agnes. Wow!!! During warm-up, she doubled a few times. I was nervous for her. Then her 3T3T combo. And the beautiful 3Lutz. Gracie should take a look at Agnes' 3Lutz. It was perfect from take off to landing. Perfect air position. Love this SP. I thought they would give her 63 just to keep Alissa in the game. Good score! Now, this girl is still very slow. Maybe work on her speed and consistency. The US fed has 2 great girls who can outjump the Russian babies. Need to start polish both of them now.

Here's what I said in the LP
FlattFan said:
Some notes from watching all of them lives.
Rachael was slower today than yesterday. Her back is very stiff, which makes her spins particularly average. She does keep her speed throughout, and you can see she's attacking all of her elements. Very determined. College is demanding. She's doing both and doing an admirable job. Great girl.
Speed:
Ashley>Christina>Alissa>Vanessa=Agnes=Rachael>Caro line>Mirai

Tulosai, I did not say Rachael had speed. I said she kept her (slow) speed constant throughout the program. Some other girls, like Mirai, depending on the mistake, would drop the speed from above average to below average.
Christina was the fastest in the SP, but she made too many mistakes in the LP, and dropped her speed. This is why I put her below Ashley in the LP.

You owe me an apology for making up something I didn't say. :)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Oh FlattFan, you are a hoot and a half! You quoted your previous comments and proved my point for me, so thanks. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now at the request of the mods, I'm done having this silly back and forth with you. It's been fun, sugar-lump. My cat and I are going to go watch a movie now. ;) Ta!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Well, glad it got a chuckle out of you (even for the wrong reason)
Enjoy the rest of the night with your cat. :laugh: