2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

berrycute

On the Ice
Very solid skate from Gao, quite slow on the final combination spin but jumps well landed and interpretation strong, she should get a good second mark. They are now showing slow mo of her coach counting her spin revolutions. 112.16. She would have liked a bit more...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Very solid skate from Gao, quite slow on the final combination spin but jumps well landed and interpretation strong, she should get a good second mark. They are now showing slow mo of her coach counting her spin revolutions. 112.16. She would have liked a bit more...

She got slammed on PCS being in the second group. She scored 54.91 vs. 56.98 at SA. I think she may have lost a few levels on her spins.

jaylee

Medalist
Christina Gao: FS: 3F/2T. 2A, landed but not great flow. 3Lz/2t. 3F. 3S. 3Lo. 3T/2t/2lo, very happy.

Pretty much what she did at Skate America but her 2A was better there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Christina Gao: FS: 3F/2T. 2A, landed but not great flow. 3Lz/2t. 3F. 3S. 3Lo. 3T/2t/2lo, very happy.

Pretty much what she did at Skate America but her 2A was better there.

I'm happy she came back from a poor performance and proved that her performance at SA was not a fluke. If anything, that poor performance we saw from her yesterday might be more of a fluke....(I hope).

jaylee

Medalist
I think she will have it by Nationals. She said at SA that she was working on it.

She's been working on the 3F/3T for several years, but it's never been as consistent at her 3T/3T--which, the SP here showed is not fully consistent either.

The fact that she has a 3Lo in the SP instead of the 3F tells me that she doesn't trust her 3F enough--she's very careful in her approach to it in the FS. I don't think we're going to see a 3F/3T from Christina any time soon.

Irishflip

On the Ice
Definitely not enough to overtake Christina, and yay for the triple flip-triple toe possibly being included again.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Two points difference isn't a ton, especially considering her SA LP was skated better IMO.

Here is a comparison...form SA to TEB.

SS TR PE CH IN

7.25 6.79 7.29 7.25 7.04
7.00 6.61 7.07 6.82 6.82

You're right to some extent, it wasn't a big drop; but still I think it would have been slightly higher if she was in the top group.

berrycute

On the Ice
I don't know about this Glebova number. It's a crazy Indian-rock infusion thing with a drum section Dick Button would not find particularly fascinating. Bit of a leg wrap and not much height on jumps. 88.25, she's into 2nd place.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She's been working on the 3F/3T for several years, but it's never been as consistent at her 3T/3T--which, the SP here showed is not fully consistent either.

The fact that she has a 3Lo in the SP instead of the 3F tells me that she doesn't trust her 3F enough--she's very careful in her approach to it in the FS. I don't think we're going to see a 3F/3T from Christina any time soon.

Well if that's the case then why does she have two 3F in her FS? I don't think her 3F-3T was that bad in the past. I personally think she can bring it back.

ETA: I realize it's partially because she has a flutz, but she could just as well do two 3L instead....it's not that much lower in BV.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, Christina has moved up at least one place. I think that's nice though I hope she'll move up more. Unfortunately I like everyone n the final group though so it's hard to say who exactly I want her to move above...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, Christina has moved up at least one place. I think that's nice though I hope she'll move up more. Unfortunately I like everyone n the final group though so it's hard to say who exactly I want her to move above...

LOL. Well, I guess you'll just have to see how far she can go and hope it's not one of your ultra faves that is behind her.

Irishflip

On the Ice

Pretty sure it's because she's terrible at doing a flip out of linking steps...why do it if it's going to get negative GOE despite the quality of the actual jump.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I just lost the live-streaming link. I think it is disabled on purposed somehow.

So what's happening now?