Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 291

Thread: 2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

  1. #46
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,187

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    I wish Christina would do triple flip-triple toe again...
    I think she will have it by Nationals. She said at SA that she was working on it.

  2. #47
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    829

    0 Not allowed!
    Christina Gao: FS: 3F/2T. 2A, landed but not great flow. 3Lz/2t. 3F. 3S. 3Lo. 3T/2t/2lo, very happy.

    Pretty much what she did at Skate America but her 2A was better there.

  3. #48
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,013

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She got slammed on PCS being in the second group. She scored 54.91 vs. 56.98 at SA. I think she may have lost a few levels on her spins.
    Two points difference isn't a ton, especially considering her SA LP was skated better IMO.

  4. #49
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,187

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Christina Gao: FS: 3F/2T. 2A, landed but not great flow. 3Lz/2t. 3F. 3S. 3Lo. 3T/2t/2lo, very happy.

    Pretty much what she did at Skate America but her 2A was better there.
    I'm happy she came back from a poor performance and proved that her performance at SA was not a fluke. If anything, that poor performance we saw from her yesterday might be more of a fluke....(I hope).

  5. #50
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    829

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think she will have it by Nationals. She said at SA that she was working on it.
    She's been working on the 3F/3T for several years, but it's never been as consistent at her 3T/3T--which, the SP here showed is not fully consistent either.

    The fact that she has a 3Lo in the SP instead of the 3F tells me that she doesn't trust her 3F enough--she's very careful in her approach to it in the FS. I don't think we're going to see a 3F/3T from Christina any time soon.

  6. #51
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105

    0 Not allowed!
    Definitely not enough to overtake Christina, and yay for the triple flip-triple toe possibly being included again.

  7. #52
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,187

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Two points difference isn't a ton, especially considering her SA LP was skated better IMO.
    Here is a comparison...form SA to TEB.

    SS TR PE CH IN

    7.25 6.79 7.29 7.25 7.04
    7.00 6.61 7.07 6.82 6.82

    You're right to some extent, it wasn't a big drop; but still I think it would have been slightly higher if she was in the top group.

  8. #53
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    392

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't know about this Glebova number. It's a crazy Indian-rock infusion thing with a drum section Dick Button would not find particularly fascinating. Bit of a leg wrap and not much height on jumps. 88.25, she's into 2nd place.

  9. #54
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,187

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    She's been working on the 3F/3T for several years, but it's never been as consistent at her 3T/3T--which, the SP here showed is not fully consistent either.

    The fact that she has a 3Lo in the SP instead of the 3F tells me that she doesn't trust her 3F enough--she's very careful in her approach to it in the FS. I don't think we're going to see a 3F/3T from Christina any time soon.
    Well if that's the case then why does she have two 3F in her FS? I don't think her 3F-3T was that bad in the past. I personally think she can bring it back.

    ETA: I realize it's partially because she has a flutz, but she could just as well do two 3L instead....it's not that much lower in BV.

  10. #55
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    9,494

    0 Not allowed!
    Well, Christina has moved up at least one place. I think that's nice though I hope she'll move up more. Unfortunately I like everyone n the final group though so it's hard to say who exactly I want her to move above...

  11. #56
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,187

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Well, Christina has moved up at least one place. I think that's nice though I hope she'll move up more. Unfortunately I like everyone n the final group though so it's hard to say who exactly I want her to move above...
    LOL. Well, I guess you'll just have to see how far she can go and hope it's not one of your ultra faves that is behind her.

  12. #57
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    392

    0 Not allowed!
    John Nicks is wearing an ascot, cute

  13. #58
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    She's been working on the 3F/3T for several years, but it's never been as consistent at her 3T/3T--which, the SP here showed is not fully consistent either.

    The fact that she has a 3Lo in the SP instead of the 3F tells me that she doesn't trust her 3F enough--she's very careful in her approach to it in the FS. I don't think we're going to see a 3F/3T from Christina any time soon.
    Pretty sure it's because she's terrible at doing a flip out of linking steps...why do it if it's going to get negative GOE despite the quality of the actual jump.

  14. #59
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    0 Not allowed!
    I just lost the live-streaming link. I think it is disabled on purposed somehow.

    So what's happening now?

  15. #60
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105

    0 Not allowed!
    Korobeynikova is falling apart completely, Christina's moved up two places.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •