2012 TEB Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Free Dance

auser

Record Breaker
I don't know if I'm just in a more appreciative mood or what, but I'm liking a bunch of programs here that I was completely 'meh' about the first time I saw them. C&L's free dance is the latest program I suddenly like now.

I was thinking the same thing, that I liked C&L's Carmen better today, even with the early fall ... which I forgot about as I watched the program. Maybe I caught your receptive mood :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I know I'm Italian, so I'm a bit biased, but Anna and Luca's program looks incredible even with that terrible mistake! :love:
And I liked P/B a lot more than at CoC! I suddenly start to love this program... :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Natalie and Fabian got a deduction????? That was a fabulous skate for them, Congratulations!

To bad about Luca's fall but they did enough to come in 2nd. Even without the fall I don't think they would have
surpassed Natalie and Fabian. Great competition. Congrats to all of the podium finishers.

auser

Record Breaker
P/B, C/L, and C/J got -1 deductions for extended lifts. No mercy from these judges:laugh:

meem

On the Ice
I was so engrossed in C&L's FD that I was startled (& disappointed - wanted more) when they hit their final pose. Too bad about Luca's fall but as someone else remarked, it was soon forgotten. While I was watching I remember some folks in the skating world wanting "Carmen" to no longer be used. Hope they got to see this Carmen (maybe it takes being Italian to bring Carmen to life). The feed on my computer froze right after their FD ended so I consider myself very lucky to have seen Anna and Luca's FD.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 168.90 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 153.26 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 146.03 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 145.23 Free Dance
5. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 140.30 Free Dance
6. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 135.86 Free Dance
7. Ekaterina PUSHKASH & Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS) - 128.26 Free Dance
8. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 120.23 Free Dance

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was so engrossed in C&L's FD that I was startled (& disappointed - wanted more) when they hit their final pose. Too bad about Luca's fall but as someone else remarked, it was soon forgotten. While I was watching I remember some folks in the skating world wanting "Carmen" to no longer be used. Hope they got to see this Carmen (maybe it takes being Italian to bring Carmen to life). The feed on my computer froze right after their FD ended so I consider myself very lucky to have seen Anna and Luca's FD.

I love this Carmen too! Too bad about Luca's fall, but I loved Anna's expressions. Love the lift with her split. I could watch that all night.

emma

Record Breaker
^that lift is really amazing; she appears light as a feather as if just floating there. Really nice.

gmyers

Record Breaker
When was the last season there were 4 ice dance teams from Russia medaling in a gp season? B/s I/k r/t and s/z. Long time right.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
it felt disco lol

I knew it was the Stones... but I seriously got a Disco vibe... not sure why... I know it's not... but it is!

LOL - Sir Mick would cringe at the suggestion it's disco! Liking B/P a bit better but the costumes are all wrong & the choreography easier than C/L's who are in dance hold a good deal.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Maybe it's the costumes that give me that idea... but the first section sounds disco to me... I'll have to watch again...

Mick can cringe all he wants, I'm definitely getting a Disco vibe... (I love Disco, actually, it's a whole lot more than what we see in movies on tv anyway)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
When was the last season there were 4 ice dance teams from Russia medaling in a gp season? B/s I/k r/t and s/z. Long time right.

I think the 2009 was the transition years and now its gradually they are filling the vaccums, expect next season also Stepanova/Bukin to do well, internal competitions and selections for the Olympics team with B/S, I/K , S/Z , R/T and S/B will be very interesting :think: