Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Maggie

Rinkside
M
Hey, this is my 1st post here. Just want to share this, recently I read so many people talked about how much Liza doin' arm movements in her SP. Maybe this will help us to understand why, and this also will explain to us that Liza has that

*PS: sorry, if my english too bad. :D
Your English is very good. Thank you so much for the video. I really liked Liza's SP but now I appreciate it even more.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, this is my 1st post here. Just want to share this, recently I read so many people talked about how much Liza doin' arm movements in her SP. Maybe this will help us to understand why, and this also will explain to us that Liza has that 'artistry'....

https://youtu.be/zc_8P4FlDcI

*PS: sorry, if my english too bad. :D

This is interesting. Thank you for sharing and I think your English is great :)

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ahmindonesia welcme to the forum~! I really love ballet but pretty ignorant
I love all the arm movement in the SP btw b/s Bolero can be overused music but Liza made it her own which is admirable:clap:

Idk if already posted but Euro pic I dug from Kirill's insta
With him & Ksenia Mon'ko
Liza looks super pretty as always:love:
https://instagram.com/p/043e1MhB5f/

Im in love
Lena/Zhenia:bow:
https://instagram.com/p/02vrl8hf0m/

lovely LizaLena drawing
https://instagram.com/p/wG8lC0AOVK/

Congratulations from Betina P
https://instagram.com/p/0xczubu-tO/

She's a very cheerul person. We can always talk & laugh together
Lena R in the recent interview

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza & Javi:

Mishin Camps@MishinCamps · 5 timför 5 timmar sedan
Mishin Camps in Jaca (2011): Liza and Javier (2015 World champions)! Photo credit to Ilusiones Sobre Hielo http://fb.me/7lSfOtjsZ

Awww, isn't it adorable? (Yes, I posted this in the Javi thread as well - it's too cute for anyone to miss. :) )

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I saw a YouTube video of Mao Asada & Elizaveta Tuktamysheva doing their triple axels side-by-side in slow motion. The camera angles weren't the best, and the quality of the Liza video was poor compared to the Mao one. I wanted to do a better quality comparison, so I stole the idea and began work on my own Liza/Mao 3A video. ;)

It quickly turned into some crazy editing experiment -- I did a side-by-side, picture-within-a-picture, even 4 screens at once!

I originally posted in the Slow Motion Jump Editing thread yesterday, but placing here as well:

Tuktamysheva & Mao Asada 3A Jump-off-amatron (1080p HD)

adelia

Record Breaker
I saw a YouTube video of Mao Asada & Elizaveta Tuktamysheva doing their triple axels side-by-side in slow motion. The camera angles weren't the best, and the quality of the Liza video was poor compared to the Mao one. I wanted to do a better quality comparison, so I stole the idea and began work on my own Liza/Mao 3A video. ;)

It quickly turned into some crazy editing experiment -- I did a side-by-side, picture-within-a-picture, even 4 screens at once!

I originally posted in the Slow Motion Jump Editing thread yesterday, but placing here as well:

Tuktamysheva & Mao Asada 3A Jump-off-amatron (1080p HD)
Thank you!
Very noticeable difference in technique.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Here is a picture of Liza's 3A with a height of 61.6 cm and length of 259 cm! :eek:

Liza is measured at being about 157 cm in size. For those not using the metric system, Liza comes in at just over 5 feet tall, and her 3A jump at Worlds was over 2 feet above the ice at it's peak.

For a comparative analysis, the winner of the men's event, Javier Fernandez, had a 3A that came in at 52 cm (1.7 feet).

adelia

Record Breaker
Here is a picture of Liza's 3A with a height of 61.6 cm and length of 259 cm! :eek:

Liza is measured at being about 157 cm in size. For those not using the metric system, Liza comes in at just over 5 feet tall, and her 3A jump at Worlds was over 2 feet above the ice at it's peak.

For a comparative analysis, the winner of the men's event, Javier Fernandez, had a 3A that came in at 52 cm (1.7 feet).
Yes, she is amazing. And Mishin is a genius.

Meoima

Match Penalty
To be fair, Javi is not a good axel jumper. And the taller you are the more difficult to get good height in your jump. Evan Lysacek was often criticized for his small jumps but actually he was too tall (1m88) so it's not like he has not good axel technique, it's his body.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
To be fair, Javi is not a good axel jumper. And the taller you are the more difficult to get good height in your jump.

To continue to be fair, yes, it is difficult to truly compare men and ladies figure skating. However, the 3A element is fundamentally the same. Men are typically stronger in jumps, hence why so many of them are doing 3A's and quads, while so very few ladies are.

Voronov is taller than Fernandez, and Voronov's 3A has about the same height as Liza's. Javi may not be a good axel jumper, but it would still probably be a fair statement to say that Liza's 3A at Worlds this year was stronger than the 3A from the male World Champ.

Meoima

Match Penalty
To continue to be fair, yes, it is difficult to truly compare men and ladies figure skating. However, the 3A element is fundamentally the same. Men are typically stronger in jumps, hence why so many of them are doing 3A's and quads, while so very few ladies are.
Voronov is taller than Fernandez, and Voronov's 3A has about the same height as Liza's. Javi may not be a good axel jumper, but it would still probably be a fair statement to say that Liza's 3A at Worlds this year was stronger than the 3A from the male World Champ.
Liza is undoubtedly best female jumper. But I don't think that she has better 3A than Javi since she just landed one or two in competition while Javi has landed more like hundred. if we compare Liza's best 3A here to Javi's best 3A I am sure he still has the edges even though he is actually not an axel jumper.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza is undoubtedly best female jumper. But I don't think that she has better 3A than Javi since she just landed one or two in competition while Javi has landed more like hundred. if we compare Liza's best 3A here to Javi's best 3A I am sure he still has the edges even though he is actually not an axel jumper.
But conversely, this is Liza's first 3A in competition. Her best axel could very well be better than this, assuming she stays healthy for the next few years.

Imo, there are four types of elite jumpers. ;) There's the Johnny Weir-Todd Eldredge type, with a strong 3A but no quad (lots and lots of them under 6.0). There's the Yuzu-Plushy type, with 3A as their best jump and a very consistent 4T as well. There's the Javi-Brian Joubert type, who can do very strong, consistent quads. They can land the axel regularly as well... but it's not their biggest jump and they usually won't put two in an LP. Then there's the Patrick-Stephane type, who can perform beautiful quads but make you go :hopelessness: when they step up for the axel.

Liza, had she been male, would probably be a Yuzu-Plushy type (unsurprising considering who's her coach). On a relative scale, she probably has a stronger axel than Javi. YMMV about the absolute scale.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

In my comment you quoted, I specifically made a comparison to the 3A at this year's Worlds event from the male & female World Champs. It was not intended to say Liza's first 3A landed in major competition would beat out a hundred jumps from any skater's lifetime career, whether it be male or female. Such a comparison would be pointless.

But conversely, this is Liza's first 3A in competition. Her best axel could very well be better than this, assuming she stays healthy for the next few years.

I would assume the axel will continue to improve over the next couple seasons. And it would be nice if this were truly her first 3A in competition, although yes, for all intents and purposes this may as well be her first. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that Liza is up for Russian athlete of the month.

You can vote via this page on the Sportbox website:

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...j_pjedestal_Vyberi_luchshego_sportsmena_marta

The first phase of voting ends tomorrow, Monday 6th April, at 18:45 MSK (17:45 CEST / 16:45 BST). After that, the top 2 will go through to the next round, with voting starting from scratch.

When I voted a few hours ago, the standings were as follows:

1. Liza Tuktamysheva (Figure Skating) 34.5%
2. Ekaterina Yurlova (Biathlon) 33.1%
3. Pavel Kolizhnikov (Speed Skating) 23%
4. Maxim Mihaylov (Volleyball) 6.4%
5. Semen Elistrakov (Short Track Skating) 3%

Although Liza was leading then, it was so close that it could have changed by now. So, she needs our votes!

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just wanted to let you know that Liza is up for Russian athlete of the month.

You can vote via this page on the Sportbox website:

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...j_pjedestal_Vyberi_luchshego_sportsmena_marta

The first phase of voting ends tomorrow, Monday 6th April, at 18:45 MSK (17:45 CEST / 16:45 BST). After that, the top 2 will go through to the next round, with voting starting from scratch.

When I voted a few hours ago, the standings were as follows:

1. Liza Tuktamysheva (Figure Skating) 34.5%
2. Ekaterina Yurlova (Biathlon) 33.1%
3. Pavel Kolizhnikov (Speed Skating) 23%
4. Maxim Mihaylov (Volleyball) 6.4%
5. Semen Elistrakov (Short Track Skating) 3%

I voted. We have a problem, though. Here's what it looks like now:

1. Ekaterina Yurlova (Biathlon) 36.8%
2. Liza Tuktamysheva (Figure Skating) 32.4%
3. Pavel Kolizhnikov (Speed Skating) 22.3%
4. Maxim Mihaylov (Volleyball) 5.8%
5. Semion Elistratov (Short Track Skating) 2.7%

You'd think they could have found a better picture for Liza, at least.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The photo they chose for other athletes are even worse than the one they chose for Liza, though.