Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Fingers cross for Liza, since I adore her jumps soooo much. I hope her back will be alright.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Absolutely correct, but Adelina has a whole different level of spins and PCS (now more than ever )
    I'd rather Liza competes with 3T-3T in the SP and skates clean, than if she falls on 3Lz-3T all season (or, worse, her not competing at all). Also, recall that Anna took fourth place at Worlds with pretty bad spins and not so great PCS... No reason to call doom and gloom because of 3T-3T vs. 3Lz-3T in the SP. There are legit reasons to call doom and gloom, but the SP jump combination isn't one of them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    that entry into 2A. But at the same thing, I'm worried about the potential strain on her back.

While Liza isn't the best spinner, I like how she entered that first sit spin right in time with the music. Now she just needs to work on her concentration, to not make stupid pops.

Adelina won the Olympics with 3T-3T and no lutz in the SP at all...
    I just have to ask, I've always wondered about this:
    How is it possible for a skater to do a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3T-3T and technically score higher (39.09)
    Than an other skater who did a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3Lz-3T (scoring 39.03)
    Given that both executed all of their jumps absolutely perfectly and clean.

Now I don't want to discuss the Sotnikova/Kim scandal !!!!!
    I just genuinely would like to know how it works, because if it does work under fair circumstances as well, then it would be great for Liza!

I'd rather Liza competes with 3T-3T in the SP and skates clean, than if she falls on 3Lz-3T all season (or, worse, her not competing at all). Also, recall that Anna took fourth place at Worlds with pretty bad spins and not so great PCS... No reason to call doom and gloom because of 3T-3T vs. 3Lz-3T in the SP. There are legit reasons to call doom and gloom, but the SP jump combination isn't one of them.
    Of course I completely agree about clean skating with 3T+3T>fall in 3Lz+3T

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    How is it possible for a skater to do a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3T-3T and technically score higher (39.09)

I just genuinely would like to know how it works, because if it does work under fair circumstances as well, then it would be great for Liza!
    The spins count as a technical element too you know.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post

- Jump GOEs
    - Spin levels and GOEs (IIRC, Yuna only got Level 3 for her layback, and her spins were admittedly weaker than Adelina's)
    - StSq Level (Yuna got Level 3)

Liza won't be able to pull Adelina's spin GOEs, but (scored correctly) she should have some of the best jump GOE of the ladies. Liza also has clearly correct edges on her lutz, which will free her from being at the mercy of the tech panel. I wouldn't mind if Liza did 3T-3T, 3Lz, 2A in the SP, if that would help her skate the SP clean (it seems like a mental block, since she always has trouble with the SP; maybe a change in layout could give her a fresh perspective. She can add the 3Lz-3T back in when her back feels better, and when she feels more comfortable with the program).

Custom Title
    Liza won't be able to pull Adelina's spin GOEs, but (scored correctly) she should have some of the best jump GOE of the ladies. Liza also has clearly correct edges on her lutz, which will free her from being at the mercy of the tech panel. I wouldn't mind if Liza did 3T-3T, 3Lz, 2A in the SP, if that would help her skate the SP clean (it seems like a mental block, since she always has trouble with the SP; maybe a change in layout could give her a fresh perspective. She can add the 3Lz-3T back in when her back feels better, and when she feels more comfortable with the program).
    Agreed with all of this. When Liza is on, there's no lady in the world that jumps better, or has a truer Lutz.

Custom Title
    - Jump GOEs
    - Spin levels and GOEs (IIRC, Yuna only got Level 3 for her layback, and her spins were admittedly weaker than Adelina's)
    - StSq Level (Yuna got Level 3)

Could she exell enough on only the jump GOEs ?
    Because like you said she won't be able to measure up to Sotnikova's or Radionova's spins, leave alone Lipnitskaya's!
    And I don't think she's ahead of the others regarding the step sequence right?

So could clean edges really be enough? Considering Rad. does not flutz and Yulia and Adelina execute the rest of their jumps mostly correct.
    Just want to know if it's even realistic to to win sth or be in medal contention with such a layout considering the crazy things everybody is doing nowadays. . ?

Custom Title
    We cannot predict the future. I admit Liza's chances look far weaker than Yulia's at this point. But Liza was national champ just last year, so it's not inconceivable that the tables can shift again in four years' time. Also, the new rules seem like they really want to chop down on flutzes and URs, so that will be to Liza's benefit.

While Liza doesn't get Yulia's GOEs on her spins, if her back feels fine, she could still get the necessary levels. The spin GOEs can be made up in jump GOEs. What Liza really needs to do is skate consistently, gain back the respect of the judges, and start building her PCS (hence why she needs to find an SP she's comfortable with and can skate cleanly). All the other stuff--whether the judges will give her those GOEs and PCS, how the other Russians skate, ect.--isn't in her control, so I hope she doesn't worry overmuch about that.

Custom Title
    New interview - http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/173-eliz...svoe-imya.html + photo from main page of the site - http://fsrussia.ru/images/C1283.jpg

Liza explains that she has back pains for a long time. She was reckless kid, underrotated jumps, fell often, and those falls moved her vertebra and it caused inflammation.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by darazam View Post
    New interview - http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/173-eliz...svoe-imya.html

I want to compliment: despite the sores look great, lost weight.

Had not eat. Thin kilogram 2-3.

True: more dropped.

No, I'm small, so weight loss is clearly visible. But I am pleased to hear that. So, labored in vain. It is necessary to somehow return himself to return his name."
    :(

Custom Title
    That "So, labored in vain" is actually "not in vain", I wonder why Google discarded negative particle. Also last sentence is "After all I have to recover myself, to redeem my name".

Custom Title
    I hope the jerks who insisted she was fat are happy to hear the poor girl starved herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Liza

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I hope the jerks who insisted she was fat are happy to hear the poor girl starved herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Liza
    Liza is absolutely beautiful and healthy in my eyes.

Custom Title
    Oh Liza... I suspected she might be the reckless type. I hope they have a better way of dealing with the back situation than "hope the pain doesn't return," but it seems like we'll see her next season.

A bit worried about the eating part. I'm not against her losing (or gaining) weight, but starving doesn't seem like the way to go. Firstly, it's just not healthy. Secondly, you lose muscle along with fat, so I dunno if it'll help the jumps.

EDIT: If I'm reading this correctly: Bolero was Liza's own idea (yay!), and she got it approved by Mishin and... Plushy? () Probably Google butchering something again.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast