Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

papa

Match Penalty
I'm not a fan, but let me write one thing: most of Liza's fans talk about jumps 24/7 - I'd say she is natural jumper, it's all about training, controling weight and gaining confidence.
My concern is rather her speed on ice, she looks slow to me in almost every element she does.
Would you agree or am I seeing things? :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm not a fan, but let me write one thing: most of Liza's fans talk about jumps 24/7 - I'd say she is natural jumper, it's all about training, controling weight and gaining confidence.
My concern is rather her speed on ice, she looks slow to me in almost every element she does.
Would you agree or am I seeing things? :rolleye:
No. She is not slow comparing to ladies her age. Her spin is not top notch and mostly level 3 and that's a fact. But her speed is not slow if you watch her winning programs before.
She is healing her injuries so of course she is skating with caution.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for the videos, everyone. I really loved the SP (I hope she puts the 'tano back into the axel though!). Such a shame about the LP... Those doubles are going to cost her, especially in the current system. I hope it's just a temporary lapse of concentration/nerves, instead of her back bothering her again. I mean, after landing two beautiful lutzes... :bang: I just wish she'd fought back a bit more after the first mistake.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks for the videos, everyone. I really loved the SP (I hope she puts the 'tano back into the axel though!). Such a shame about the LP... Those doubles are going to cost her, especially in the current system. I hope it's just a temporary lapse of concentration/nerves, instead of her back bothering her again. I mean, after landing two beautiful lutzes... :bang: I just wish she'd fought back a bit more after the first mistake.
In the interview after that she said the win was very important to her mentality. And her back still hurts.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In the interview after that she said the win was very important to her mentality. And her back still hurts.
Well, I guess I'd much rather she watered down to doubles (since she was winning anyway) rather than risking her back. So... it's back to waiting, to see how she does at bigger events. The test skate might've made me a little too excited/confident.

starlight97

Final Flight
My my....
I as a skating fan of course want her to continue, but if I was her mother I'd put an end to this.
She is obviously severely injured. An injury that won't ever really heal, she's in constant physical pain.
And she is (and will be even more) in mental pain and under stress as well. She just isn't able to get back to where she was. Not because she doesn't fight enough, but because her body does not permit it.

Even if she was to skate cleanly at every event, she wouldn't stand a chance against the medal contenders with her layout.
I think she is making herself suffer unnecessarily and it hurts me to see and hear it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
My my....
I as a skating fan of course want her to continue, but if I was her mother I'd put an end to this.
She is obviously severely injured. An injury that won't ever really heal, she's in constant physical pain.
And she is (and will be even more) in mental pain and under stress as well. She just isn't able to get back to where she was. Not because she doesn't fight enough, but because her body does not permit it.
Even if she was to skate cleanly at every event, she wouldn't stand a chance against the medal contenders with her layout.
I think she is making herself suffer unnecessarily and it hurts me to see and hear it.
Do you know how much she is injured? How do you know she won't heal?

starlight97

Final Flight
Do you know how much she is injured? How do you know she won't heal?

I know that it's an injury that won't be healed completely. Not like a broken bone that heals completely with some time.
I just think she is suffering mentally as well as physically. This can't be denied. And I don't like the thought of it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know that it's an injury that won't be healed completely. Not like a broken bone that heals completely with some time.
I just think she is suffering mentally as well as physically. This can't be denied. And I don't like the thought of it.
What kind of injury that won't heal completely? I am confused.

starlight97

Final Flight
What kind of injury that won't heal completely? I am confused.

Due to "falling too often and in the wrong way" as a kid her vertebra got moved and think in English you say "dislocated". That caused an inflammation. Things like that, where the vertabra is positioned the wrong way can get better from time to time and then worse again, but they can't be fixed with medication or sth.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Due to "falling too often and in the wrong way" as a kid her vertebra got moved and think in English you say "dislocated". That caused an inflammation. Things like that, where the vertabra is positioned the wrong way can get better from time to time and then worse again, but they can't be fixed with medication or sth.
I am afraid all skaters have that injury as well. I have seen them falling so many times. What do we define a "fall in the wrong way"? So many fall I can't tell which fall is right or wrong?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Today's result of Liza's FS at 1st Russian Cup Event.
TES = 45.26, no deductions.
http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/1etap/SEG012.HTM

We see, Liza is not in good state.
Her jumps actually do not look bad to me at all, she had a nice SP and skated quite well at the Open Test Skates, she just popped a couple of jumps too many here, I would not say she's in bad shape at all! Her programs are nice, all she needs is to regain her 3Lz+3T

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She did the LP much better during the test skate. I'm hoping that's an indication that it's a mental problem, not a physical one.

Her lutz looks pretty good. I think she can get the 3Lz-3T back--it's just a matter of confidence and daring to go for it.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Liza has moved up from a sub to a competitor at the Nebelhorn Trophy this week. Since it will be broadcasted in the internet, you can all see her skate ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
That's so great - I'm looking forward to Nebelhorn even more now - Thanks Alex D! :)