Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LRK

Record Breaker
She looks ready to kill in those pics. :yes: I hope she brings that same fire to the competition.

... and she did! :)

I hope that tomorrow she goes out there equally on fire!

Meanwhile - I hate taking anything out in advance, I'm so superstitious! - but would two silvers be enough to reach the GPF - what do you all think? (touch wood! touch wood! touch wood!)

adelia

Record Breaker
Liza will be in the GPF, I am certain. And I am also confident that she will medal in the GPF.

adelia

Record Breaker
LOL... but yeah, they look so cute together in the K&C. :) And I am so happy they have proved their critics wrong.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She was so good! I'm not surprised by the standings, but I agree with adelia... I seemed to sense that the crowd was on her side. Of course, I love Yulia too, so I'm not upset. I just loved Liza more. :)

Yes, very true. I think winning those Challenger Series events helped Liza a little in this respect, the judges probably would have been even more stingy with her PCS marks had she not won those.
I agree. I was worried early this year about that second mark; what if Liza skated beautifully, and still couldn't get on the podium? I think her team found a good way to rebuild her momentum.

LRK

Record Breaker
I absolutely agree. True it resulted in a little fatigue at Skate America - but the gains far outweigh that. And there are always pros and cons to any course of action - they definitely seem to have done the right thing.

jkun

Final Flight
Liza is on fire this year! Her jumps are SO good, and look very nice. If she loses to Yulia tomorrow, do you think she can still make it to the gpf with two silvers?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With Adelina giving up her spot at Rostelecom..she would likely be a lock. Right?

jkun

Final Flight
With Adelina giving up her spot at Rostelecom..she would likely be a lock. Right?

I think she's already done/in the process of doing her 2nd grand prix event so she won't be available to go to the Rostelecom. That's Russia's gp event.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think she's already done/in the process of doing her 2nd grand prix event so she won't be available to go to the Rostelecom. That's Russia's gp event.

Oops..I should have been more clear :slink: I meant a lock for GPF since Adelina won't qualify with only one event. I suspect Adelina won't do NHK either. Liza with gold or silver tomorrow will likely be enough. CoR is Anna's to lose now which will lock her up as well. I think Liza is as good as in.

Here is the current standings.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2014/gpsladies.htm

adelia

Record Breaker
GOLD! I knew you could do it Liza! So fantastic today! I nearly teared up, seriously. :love: :love:
Also, Mishin with that broccoli in the K&C! :)

Another thing, I LOL at the pple who predicted she would finish anything less than 2nd.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I felt sorry for Yulia, but I'm thrilled for Liza! So much for all the people who said she "needs to lose weight," "needs to leave Mishin," etc. She doesn't need to change a thing!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I felt sorry for Yulia, but I'm thrilled for Liza! So much for all the people who said she "needs to lose weight," "needs to leave Mishin," etc. She doesn't need to change a thing!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: