Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

go figure
    Thank you for the interview, Alba! It will be interesting to see where Eliza's skating and consistency moved since her debut, so I'm thrilled to hear she's doing another Indian program. Hopefully she has a successful season and isn't hampered by any further injury! The last couple of years must have been difficult for her, because her body has gone through quite a change; and I don't mean it in a negative way.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    Thank you for the interview, Alba! It will be interesting to see where Eliza's skating and consistency moved since her debut, so I'm thrilled to hear she's doing another Indian program. Hopefully she has a successful season and isn't hampered by any further injury! The last couple of years must have been difficult for her, because her body has gone through quite a change; and I don't mean it in a negative way.
    It's not negative, don't worry. It's the truth and it happens with many girls.
    I do think it's all in her head, as she said. The injuries have strengthen the fear, I suppose.

We'll see...but I wish her all the best.

Custom Title
    Her body has gone through a change, but I don't think it's a change she can't deal with. If she's healthy and sorts out her competitive nerve, she can rise again. It's not like her jumps have totally left her. I hope she can skate freer and better because the pressure is now off her, with so many people dismissing her already.

And while I'm the first to value consistency in a skater... no point in being too harsh on Liza. Yulia is the only one we can call consistent in this post-Yuna field.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Liza has found a new coach!! This guy is purely focused on developing skating skills.

http://instagram.com/p/rPOGIzzQeY/

Columnist
    I would love to see her compete again at a high level, so hearing about the new coach sounds promising! I wish her all the best

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    I would love to see her compete again at a high level, so hearing about the new coach sounds promising! I wish her all the best
    Oh no! It was a joke. She was using a penguin skate aide in the photo used to help teach kids to skate. She is smiling like crazy. So too is the penguin I think! Sorry I should be more serious here.

I too wish her the best

Custom Title
    New SP (with single jumps) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRL2xh6b6zU

Columnist

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Oh no! It was a joke. She was using a penguin skate aide in the photo used to help teach kids to skate. She is smiling like crazy. So too is the penguin I think! Sorry I should be more serious here.

I too wish her the best
    Haha you got me there No worries, its been a long working day for me

Cheers for the video Darazam!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Liza has found a new coach!! This guy is purely focused on developing skating skills.

http://instagram.com/p/rPOGIzzQeY/

You got me for a second there, too. But thank you for sharing the pic. It's great to see her smiling like she's genuinely happy (no matter who her coach is, or whether her coach is human or not ).

Quote Originally Posted by darazam View Post
    I usually don't check these things before the season starts, but I had to check this one. I quite like it, actually. She seems to really feel this music, and some of the spin positions were quite interesting. It needs a bit more polish (especially some of the leg movements), but it's a workable Bolero. Now, please, Liza, no more black outfits...

Medalist
    her weight is looking better. i love this skater. hope she gets it back together. such a performer with tons of heart. look forward to seeing her at skate america

Custom Title
    New FS (with single jumps again) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37c0fN7wY6c

Custom Title
    According to the latest interview from Mishin Liza has back problems. If they find the way to deal with pain she might get back to the competitions on a high level. If not- she might need a serious medical help. He said her skating matured and she will be the one to watch in the upcoming season. But first they have to deal with back issue, arrange her trainings accordingly and only then compete. If she misses the Grand Prix assignments due to her health condition she might be replaced. So lets not worry in advance and lets wait for the news on her health first.

Oh, I like that program very much, and much better than Bolero! Really suited to her I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    According to the latest interview from Mishin Liza has back problems. If they find the way to deal with pain she might get back to the competitions on a high level. If not- she might need a serious medical help. He said her skating matured and she will be the one to watch in the upcoming season. But first they have to deal with back issue, arrange her trainings accordingly and only then compete. If she misses the Grand Prix assignments due to her health condition she might be replaced. So lets not worry in advance and lets wait for the news on her health first.
    Very sad to hear. Best wishes to Liza.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrento View Post
    Oh no... Why can't anything go right for Liza? But health comes first. I hope they do a thorough check-up and find what's best for her. If she misses the Grand Prix, so be it. Maybe she could still be ready in time for nationals? (I hope she'll have a chance earlier in the season to re-establish herself and up her PCS, but it's not worth further injuries).

I like her new FS, especially with the changes in tempo.

I don't like the SP: she's skating to Bolero but the movements and the transitions are almost identical to the ones that she used for Latino music, she doesn't seem to feel the music at all But I was pleasantly surprised by the FS: the Egyptian style suits her skating, I like the detailed use of the hands and the last part of the program, plus there where some very interesting entries to some of the jumps (the flip, the loop and the last axel)

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast