Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Thank you, adelia! :bow:
OT: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've been wondering about this for a while: why is Elizaveta's surname usually written with a Y, but she herself has it with an I in her twitter account?

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thank you, adelia! :bow:
OT: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've been wondering about this for a while: why is Elizaveta's surname usually written with a Y, but she herself has it with an I in her twitter account?

With 'Y' is a correct version, probably as per her travel passport, but 'I' is okay too because strictly speaking there is no letter in Latin which exactly transcribes that particular Russian letter.

I've got no chance yet to post but SOOO happy for Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
2 days of anxiety between the short and the long, well, it was too close for my liking, the gap between Elena & Lisa should be much bigger if you ask me. Not to take away anything from Elena, she is a super cute kid but not in the same league as Queen Lisa!

Lisa, I swear, I jumped out of my chair higher than your axel when the score finally came! Yeeeeeeeeeees!

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Being the dedicated fan I am, I went back and created a second version, which I think is a noticeable improvement over the first video. Better video quality, higher frame-rate, smoother... :love:

2015 Europeans - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva Gala B.ESP2 HD (1080p HD, more FPS, best I could do with the source)

Among all of Liza's programs, this is the one I like. :) Am I the only who got scared her dress would have a disaster? All those jumps. I was really holding my breathe and wishing her dress won't show too much of her chest.

Eloyse

On the Ice
I just checked isu world ranking. Liza is the top 1 now, congratulations!!! I know this ranking may not be too accurate, but at least in Liza's case, her points really showed that hard work indeed paid off:thumbsup:I hope she will continue to do well. Will cheer for her at worlds in Shanghai:cheer2:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Translation of Liza's interview, done by quiqie on FSU (link courtesy of Alba): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...winter-spring-2015.94220/page-20#post-4450142

The most interesting part:
Q: If you add a 3 Axel, doesn't it disturb the artistic side of the program, the perception?
A: No, it automatic, and if the jump is in the end, the probability of a mistake is even lower. But in that case you really have go all out, do the best you can.
It seems like I was wrong, and Liza is really going to do 3A after 3T-3T and 3Lz? :shocked:

I guess it makes some sense. With the way Liza talks about the axel (see the whole interview), it seems like it causes more mental fatigue than physical fatigue. Putting it in the beginning could cause problems with the rest of the program. According to what she has said before, 3T-3T and 3Lz don't give her much trouble, so she can still do the axel afterwards. And if she misses it, it's still more points than a double if she can rotate it. Some PCS loss, but she should still be in the mix for the LP.

I just checked isu world ranking. Liza is the top 1 now, congratulations!!! I know this ranking may not be too accurate, but at least in Liza's case, her points really showed that hard work indeed paid off:thumbsup:I hope she will continue to do well. Will cheer for her at worlds in Shanghai:cheer2:
:yay: Well-deserved. In this case, the Top 3 on the World Rankings reflects reality.

LRK

Record Breaker
Among all of Liza's programs, this is the one I like. :) Am I the only who got scared her dress would have a disaster? All those jumps. I was really holding my breathe and wishing her dress won't show too much of her chest.

Well, Nicky Slater for one seemed to have been worrying about that same thing...

LRK

Record Breaker
Was he the commentator for her LP?

He and Chris Howarth did all of Euros', I believe - including the Gala. At any rate, all of the Eurosport vids I've seen... er, heard may have been the better term here.:) He was very taken with the softness in her arms, for example - both in the LP and the Gala.:)

By some of the things they said, I believe they were actually in Stockholm for this - which isn't necessarily always the case - er, that they are at the competitions, not in Stockholm. (My, am I expressing myself in a muddled manner!)

jkun

Final Flight
It seems like I was wrong, and Liza is really going to do 3A after 3T-3T and 3Lz? :shocked:

I guess it makes some sense. With the way Liza talks about the axel (see the whole interview), it seems like it causes more mental fatigue than physical fatigue. Putting it in the beginning could cause problems with the rest of the program. According to what she has said before, 3T-3T and 3Lz don't give her much trouble, so she can still do the axel afterwards. And if she misses it, it's still more points than a double if she can rotate it. Some PCS loss, but she should still be in the mix for the LP.

:yay: Well-deserved. In this case, the Top 3 on the World Rankings reflects reality.

It actually seems like a very good strategy if she has the physical stamina. If she gets the 3A in the 2nd half bonus, she even gets the 10% bonus, which is quite large for a 3A, to help offset anything bad that might happen.

LRK

Record Breaker
That was another voice I believe he was Chris Howard. They work together on British Eurosport.

No, Chris and Nicky were both commentating - when they do I can tell them apart (I have been known to get them confused otherwise - which to someone with my bad eyesight is positively mortifying!). Those comments were definitely Nicky. As were the ones about the soft arms.

adelia

Record Breaker
That was probably the most complimentary commentary about Liza's LP I've heard from Brit Eurosport all season.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That was probably the most complimentary commentary about Liza's LP I've heard from Brit Eurosport all season.
I found them quite supportive all season. For instance, Liza didn't skate her best at SkAm, so it's understandable that Chris/Nicky (like LRK, I have difficulty telling them apart when they're with other people :laugh:) thought she seemed a little tired; IIRC, Simon Reed still liked her. And though Mark Hanretty at CoC is a self-admitted Lori Nichol fanboy and Liza's "Russian style" isn't to his taste, he does recognize the validity/quality of what she does and says he would've had her first in the SP. And when they said she just needed to extend a bit more at GPF, I think it was a fair comment. It's not like they said she's boring, expressionless, and has no flow out of her jumps.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Bristish Eurosport guys are always supportive. They even compliment Kovtun. :biggrin:
I can tell they really like top Russian ladies. They love K/S and when Yuko landed that 4S they almost screamed with delight. I love them.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No, Chris and Nicky were both commentating - when they do I can tell them apart (I have been known to get them confused otherwise - which to someone with my bad eyesight is positively mortifying!). Those comments were definitely Nicky. As were the ones about the soft arms.

thanks. :)