Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Custom Title

Adian Pitkeev

I think he deserves his thread here.

Silver medal performance at Junior Worlds 2014: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxPJNdNqLI

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Eteri said she picks him and Yulia up and they ride together to the rink everyday. At least according to my translator. He's got potential to say the least!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Eteri said she picks him and Yulia up and they ride together to the rink everyday. At least according to my translator. He's got potential to say the least!
    LOL he didn't look very happy with his performance...

EDIT: I think he's a little like Yulia in the sense that he's hard on himself.

I think Yulia is learning to show a little more and as he grows I'm sure the same will happen for him. These kids and their lofty expectations...sheesh. Ill definetely keep my eye on this one!

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    do you think we'll see him next year with the seniors?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alebi View Post
    do you think we'll see him next year with the seniors?
    Adian was 5th at Russian Senior Nationals 2014.
    But it is almost impossible that he will be at 2014/2015 at Senior Internationals without quad. He is very young, born 16 May 1998 - same age as Julia.
    And Russia has good Men in Seniors - Kovtun (4th at Worlds), Voronov, Menshov (medalists of Euro), no need to send 16-years-old Adian to Seniors.

At Senior Internationals may be other Eteri's student - Moris Kvitelashvili (born 17 Mar 1995), at Final of Russian Cup 2014 he landed 4T+3T both in SP and FS and two quads in FS.

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    I really liked him at nationals but yes, I too doubt he'll get a chance to show up in the senior circuit Maybe the Russian Fed will better need to help Gachinski's reputation or reinforce Voronov's one before "throwing into the fray" another still so young skater

Custom Title
    His jumps are pretty big

^^ So cute!

I just went to his VK page and he says he's "in love" with Serafima Sakhanovich.

I like him!!! I can't wait the new season!

Custom Title
    Oh no, is he going to bring screamo to next season's programs too?!

Lol, funny to see his thread pop up again. Meoima and I were just discussing him in Yuzu's thread.

Anyone know why the Russian Fed. decided to throw him into seniors? He still hadn't won Junior Worlds or JGPF yet. Does this move mean the Federation doesn't trust Kovtun/Voronov/Gachinski?

Didn't you see my evidence in "predictions for your favorite skaters". Serafima is going to bring metal music to FS. I put forth all the evidence. Since both he and Serafima have put "in love" with each other maybe they can become the first couple of metal

I do like this kid but with all this puppy love and Serafima now training with Eteri's group will he become distracted or sidetracked?

Custom Title
    Lol, you're such a nice, considerate guy. You're worried about love cutting into their training, while all I'm thinking is, "Oh god, my poor ears next season. Max, Serafima, Adian, and possibly Kevin Reynolds are all gonna bring the screamo."

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Oh no, is he going to bring screamo to next season's programs too?!
    Lol, funny to see his thread pop up again. Meoima and I were just discussing him in Yuzu's thread.
    Anyone know why the Russian Fed. decided to throw him into seniors? He still hadn't won Junior Worlds or JGPF yet. Does this move mean the Federation doesn't trust Kovtun/Voronov/Gachinski?
    Maybe Russian Fed want to push Pitkeev harder than when they did with Kovtun. They might think they spoilt Kovtun and Gachinski too much. poor those guys, but it couldn't be helped.

But Pitkeev hasn't done with growing, for sure. I have a feeling he will end up as tall as Kovtun or Gachinski. Russian men you know. They say you need to get to a certain height and weight for some better technique for 3A and quad. But men usually don't have to worry much about this matter as ladies, though.

If Pitkeev goes senior, then does that mean Nam should go senior as well? Nam is Asian so I don't think he will get much taller than he is now, though. But...it's hard to say with their bodies at the moment.

Skate Canada is lacking good skaters in men field so they might try to push Nam. On Instagram, Nam says he is getting the 4S but on the video it still looks under rotated. I think Pitkeev is working on quad as well (for sure). They might show their quads if both go senior next season.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast