Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: US TV Alert - Sunday November 18 on NBC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Yes, that was a nice moment....however, this is not a nice moment....NBC Spokane is not doing the Family skating special...they are showing boys dribbling in their shorts instead....
    Chris who is not a basketball fan. (But who is an Ashley fan!)
    Hopefully the show will end up on youtube in the next few days.

Custom Title
    I love Tara L in many ways, but really have to agree with the poster above, her commentating just left me wanting to mute the volume. I really prefer set up and postmortem, with commentators maybe calling elements and the occasional gasp or gush for something unexpected, unusual or just brilliant.

Do you know who commentated for the men?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I love Tara L in many ways, but really have to agree with the poster above, her commentating just left me wanting to mute the volume. I really prefer set up and postmortem, with commentators maybe calling elements and the occasional gasp or gush for something unexpected, unusual or just brilliant.

Do you know who commentated for the men?
    Peter C. and Terry?

Custom Title
    ^ thanks.

Was that Michael Weiss's daughter singing? She looks all grown up. How old are his kids now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Was that Michael Weiss's daughter singing? She looks all grown up. How old are his kids now?
    I'm not sure how old she is, but yes, that was Annie Mae Weiss singing.

Im guessing 16 by the mini and heels? I remember him wearing his annie mae shirt at competitions. Michael was a very young father-like Katia was a mother. Most skated thru the 90's to reap the money so lots of older skaters have little ones. nancy had her son right away and then a big gap and two more-glad she got her girl.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Peter C. and Terry?
    it was Michael Weiss, not Peter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it was Michael Weiss, not Peter.
    Just kidding! Thanks for the correction

Custom Title
    I missed most of the skating today. Just tuned in in time for Katia. Liza looks a bit like Dakota Fanning, as well as looking very much like her father Ilia. Interesting that Katia, one of the world's most beautiful women, has two daughters who each are the spitting image of their respective fathers. (Of course both Sergei and Ilia were/are handsome, so the kids look wonderful.)

Todd Eldredge just skated. Well, Iluvtodd, I see why you'll never ever change your screen name. This guy is a doll. Look at the way he skates with the baby and high-fives his older son. He wasn't the top gun on my list of favorite skaters, but if I ever had the chance to meet five skaters of my choice, he'd definitely be one of them. He just radiates decency and warmth.

And there's Paul Wylie sitting there! Another wonderful guy, as far as I can tell. (And if I met him, I'd probably faint or drift off the ground or something--him and Kurt.) I hope I haven't missed all his skating, or that I can find the show on YouTube.

Chris, I agree that it's good to express your thanks for the sponsor. Fortunately I love applesauce, and Musselman makes an unsweetened variety. I used to get it for Mom, and she loved it.

Is Jewel's husband there? I love Ty Murray. One of the people I encountered on Dancing with the Stars and came to admire. He was a hard worker and a gentleman. I know that he and Jewel recently had their first child. This entitles them to be on the family show! Though I don't think either of them should have to skate.
    Last edited by Olympia; 11-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Paul has 4 kids now?! They're so cute as sharks! (though this whole show is pretty cheesey... my parents are eating it up, though...)

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Just kidding! Thanks for the correction
    Peter did the Universal Sports commentary, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Paul has 4 kids now?! They're so cute as sharks! (though this whole show is pretty cheesey... my parents are eating it up, though...)
    It is adorable, isn't it. I think if it were some unspecified families, I'd be bored, but these skaters are people we have known and loved for, oh, twenty years and more, and we always wanted to know that they would turn out well and have good lives. To see that they were healthy people who didn't fall apart because they were in the spotlight, or because the spotlight moved off of them to light someone else, is a delight.

And now here's Katia. Holy hat, that costume is sheer.

Down With It
    I have to agree...I really liked Lipinski at first...but she has since totally changed...almost bordering on annoying now at TEB. Come on TL, go back to your roots!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    And now here's Katia. Holy hat, that costume is sheer.
    I know! I'm quite astonished she would wear that costume - for a family skating event especially.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast