Norwegian nationals | Golden Skate

Norwegian nationals

Tove

On the Ice
the norwegian national championships are taking place 16-18 of january...what's interesting is if the fed decides to send a competitor to Euros...it's been a while now.

our "national group" consist: Erle B.Harstad, Madeleine Daleng, Ina Sæterbakken, Pernille Sandnes, Caroline Nilsen and Tanya Aas...
at practice, there are mostly 3salchows, but not all these girls practice togheter, and the group is so large, filled with less good skaters also, so it's hard to tell who is who, I don't know them all so I can tell.

Daleng was good some years ago, but it looks like her progress stopped...

Tove

On the Ice
here's the results from our nationals, but unfortunately, I couldn't go there myself, (several miles away, had to play imortant match with my team)

Senior
1 Madeleine DALENG OI 1 1 1.5
2 Marianne FJØRTOFT AKK 2 2 3.0
3 Marie Gran ASPUNVIK OSK 3 3 4.5
4 Mia FALK-LARSSEN TSK 4 4 6.0
5 Stine B. HARSTAD AKK 6 5 8.0
6 Sara Maria RINGÅS OI 5 6 8.5

JUNIOR
KVINNER
1 Ina SETERBAKKEN OI 1 1 1.5
2 Caroline NILSEN OI 2 2 3.0
3 Tanya AAS OI 4 3 5.0
4 Pernille SANDNES AKK 3 4 5.5
5 Ingrid Rebekka PAULSEN OSK 5 5 7.5
6 Mille TYSTAD

MENN
1 Michael CHROLENKO
(only one competitior here....)

our federation will not send any lady to europeans, but they will probably send skaters to junior worlds...

windspirit

On the Ice
Only one competitor in mens? It sounds funny. :laugh: So he just skated and all the judges gave him the first place ordinals, and that was it? Did he stand on the podium? He must've felt a little lonely there...

berthes ghost

Final Flight
van der Perrin was the only skater in the mens event at the past 2 Belgian nats too. The first year I got a laugh out of them anouncing him, scoring him and everything, just like he actually had competitors. I've never stayed for the medal ceremony, so I can't say what they do.

Isn't there a rule that a judge does not have to award 1st place in the event there are less the three competitors. I'm thinking a hundred years ago so maybe that changed.

Joe

mpal2

Final Flight
You can be the only competitor and come in second for the ISI competitions for recreational skaters. During my one and only competition, I thought I would get a definite win until they told me I was skating against "The Book" which actually is bad because the book is perfect. You do get a little leeway for being human, but it's tough.

I actually managed to squeak out a win but only because one judge pulled out the infamous book and argued my case. Many others were not so fortunate and fell to 2nd against "The Book". What a tough competitor! :eek:

Tove

On the Ice
yes, there's only one man...at first, he was skating at novice, then junior B, now junior A, and he has always been the only one, but he gets first place (we don't have ordinals, judges just holds up sign with their marks, and then put it together later) and he gets to stand on the podium (alone) every year:):)

I think the federation will send him to junior worlds, it must be hard, when you're not used to competing against anybody....:p