One hit wonder coaches | Page 2 | Golden Skate

One hit wonder coaches

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i think its detrimental how most lower-level skaters tend to change coaches every few years, if not more often that that are usually take from more than one primary coach. About 70% of the skaters I skated with with took from multiple coaches in a week, and then would move on entirely to another rink and another set of coaches. I think there is something to be said from consistency...

Charlene Wong coached Mirai Nagasu for two years when she had that success as a junior and her first year as a senior before Mirai went to Frank Carroll.

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
Michelle did list her Dad, but I don't think his official title was coach. I think he was listed as support. Scott Williams coached Michelle for a season and I haven't heard from him since then.

Didn't Hill also have Gregory&Petukhov at the end of their career?

Not a huge "success" but Charlene Wong had Amber Corwin and I haven't seen her since.

Shae-Lynn Bourne had Weaver&Poje but seems to have moved on from coaching.

Rochette also had Sebastien Britten for a year and I haven't seen him since.

Kurt and Michael Jyranik (know I butchered that spelling).

I am also curious about big time coaches that have seemed to disappear, namely Dough Leigh and Natalia Dubova.

Yes what happened to natalia dubova?

Also Muriel Boucher zazoui

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am also curious about big time coaches that have seemed to disappear, namely Dough Leigh and Natalia Dubova.

Dubova is still living in Connecticut, USA, and coaching in the Stamford area. In fact, two of her junior skaters are doing surprisingly well this season, especially since they are not from a big federation,
Cagla Demiral & Berk Akalin from Turkey! Dubova coaches them along with Oleg Voiko.

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013068.htm
You will note that they won Ice Challenge at Graz in Juniors, and were fifth in Juniors at NRW Trophy.

It looks like they have another year of junior eligibility too.

Their FD at Graz.

At the end, you can see Dubova in the KnC, if I am not mistaken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O604-Q8nhf4

Last edited:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Not a huge "success" but Charlene Wong had Amber Corwin and I haven't seen her since.

Shae-Lynn Bourne had Weaver&Poje but seems to have moved on from coaching.

Charlene Wong coached Mirai Nagasu to her U.S. title. That's a pretty big deal. No idea who she's coaching at the moment.

Shae-Lynn Bourne still works with Weaver and Poje, but not as their primary coach. She recently had a baby. She's more focused on choreography these days, but still does some coaching.