Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Live Thoughts from TEB

Custom Title
    Looking forward to your thoughts/impressions/experiences of the free - hint, hint!

Sorry there's been a break in updates. I've been extremely busy. I'll post more tomorrow.

I didn't really have that much to say about Pairs and Mens since I didn't really enjoy them that much. :( Also, I was sitting really far back which meant that I couldn't see as much of the finer points.
    Pairs FS:
    It wasn't the greatest event - the highlight was definitely the quad twist from Peng and Zhang - completely unreal and so much more impressive live than on the ice. So much height! However, I felt like there wasn't anything outside of the elements and they seemed slow. I felt like Berton and Hotarek could have placed higher - she's so beautiful on the ice. Kavaguti and Smirnov had really pretty music (that they didn't really skate to) and she looked amazing in her dress. But other than that, I don't have much to say.

Mens:
    Well Amodio won this section, but I am still surprised that audiences love him so much. He has flair and energy, and he had the French crowd, but I found it to be a pretty typical morozov program. Still good job for him to come back after that skate. I felt like the audience loved Joubert's program, but it was a pity that it didn't go as well as it could have. Still, for an international debut, it was pretty good. I thought that Mura had a really funny costume that looked much more like a bee than a shogun. Abbott did a great job, but I heard many people in the audience saying that they didn't really like his outfit.

Custom Title
    Thank you - I know how life can get "in the way". I was especially curious about Brian of course, as I felt that it wasn't skated with his customary energy, and he seemed pretty drained at the end, and wondered how it might have appeared live; I agree with your assessment. I think maybe Florent's program is easy for a crowd to "get into" - not that I mean to say anything bad about that, as I find him quite entertaining myself - but, to use a term translated from the Swedish, I think his program is very "audience-courting". As for Abbott's costume - maybe it's just too restrained for their taste? - it's just trousers and a shirt, basically?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3