Live Thoughts from TEB | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Live Thoughts from TEB

Macassar88

Medalist
Also just to make you guys even more jealous, here's a list of skaters/coaches/choreographers I got photos with or of:

Brian Joubert :love:
Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier - (I'll talk more about it later, but they must be two of the nicest skaters out there!)
Pechalat and Bourzat
Cappellini and Lanotte
Duhamel and Radford
Riazanova and Tkachenko
Kavaguti and Smirnov
Mura
Verner
Meite
James and Cipres
Papadakis (she and Cizeron did the gala)
Igor Shpilband
Lipnitskaya
Tuktamisheva
Wagner
Abbott
Pasquale Camerlengo
Guerriero
Zlobina and Sitnikov
Stefania Berton
Morozov
Joshi Helgesson
Popova
Carron and Jones

Oh and did I mention I got a picture with Brian Joubert? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Also just to make you guys even more jealous, here's a list of skaters/coaches/choreographers I got photos with or of:

Brian Joubert :love:
Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier - (I'll talk more about it later, but they must be two of the nicest skaters out there!)
Pechalat and Bourzat
Cappellini and Lanotte
Duhamel and Radford
Riazanova and Tkachenko
Kavaguti and Smirnov
Mura
Verner
Meite
James and Cipres
Papadakis (she and Cizeron did the gala)
Igor Shpilband
Lipnitskaya
Tuktamisheva
Wagner
Abbott
Pasquale Camerlengo
Guerriero
Zlobina and Sitnikov
Stefania Berton
Morozov
Joshi Helgesson
Popova
Carron and Jones

Oh and did I mention I got a picture with Brian Joubert? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
So, you have a photo with practically every TEB competitor? :laugh: Lucky you!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wanted to get a pic with Volchkova and Korobeynikova as well, but maybe next time?
I'll go to Euros in Zagreb :)yay::yes:) so I'll try to beat your record, possibly! ;) It must be so difficult, finding all of them and asking for photos/autographs, because an ice rink is really big (I have already been to figure skating big competitions/galas, so I remember how difficult it has been getting a Caro's autograph!)

Macassar88

Medalist
I'll go to Euros in Zagreb :)yay::yes:) so I'll try to beat your record, possibly! ;) It must be so difficult, finding all of them and asking for photos/autographs, because an ice rink is really big (I have already been to figure skating big competitions/galas, so I remember how difficult it has been getting a Caro's autograph!)

Good luck! And it wasn't that bad - basically I waited by the main skaters exit for an hour or so after each section was over.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I'll go to Euros in Zagreb so I'll try to beat your record, possibly! It must be so difficult, finding all of them and asking for photos/autographs, because an ice rink is really big (I have already been to figure skating big competitions/galas, so I remember how difficult it has been getting a Caro's autograph!)

I ll go to Euros as well:yay:, but it is sure I wont beat this record:eek:, I m awful at asking anything and it will be freezing, but I have a pic with Plushy and Jouby from Tallinn:love:

LRK

Record Breaker
I ll go to Euros as well:yay:, but it is sure I wont beat this record:eek:, I m awful at asking anything and it will be freezing, but I have a pic with Plushy and Jouby from Tallinn:love:

Both in the same picture?! But. no, that would be too good to be true.... ?

Macassar88

Medalist

I almost got Nan Song, Hao Zhang and Cheng Peng, but I got distracted by Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford who were much closer and not seemingly sprinting away from the rink. Was thinking of asking Tutberidze, but she seemed really uncomfortable even standing around waiting for Julia to finish signing autographs.

emma

Record Breaker
It's so great that you had such a good time! And, that's quite the list of photos!! Very cool!

Macassar88

Medalist
Dance Impressions - Gilles and Poirier opened the SD. I thought that they were a lot of fun. They're such a good looking team as well! Also, Piper's top looks better live than it does on TV because you can't really see the lacey stuff on her shoulders/neck area. I felt like they were underscored though. For all the flack they get for her not being at the same level as him, they are still great performers IMO.
Generally though, I was underwhelmed. I felt like so much of the choreography was done directly at the judges that it made it difficult for everyone else to enjoy it at the same level as they might on TV. Also, I hated Zlobina and Sitnikov's outfits - they looked really cheap. Riazanova and Tkachenko found a way to look like they had been taken right out of the 20's in the worst possible way... I mean, really? Putting Ilia in mauve? Also, Ekaterina Pushkash's dress looked like it was a hello kitty dress :)
Also, I was really surprised that Krylova wasn't there since two of her teams were competing. I guess she's working with Weaver and Poje and the other 12947 teams she has in Detroit.
Pechalat and Bourzat's lift was the ultimate crotch lift from my position. Maybe something they should think about in the future? But I guess it's better than her flashing the judges (although there is a lot of underwear play going on in that SD)
I was giggling during Carron and Jones' SD. All the OTT sounds were quite funny.
Surprisingly no one in the crowd clapped after footwork or even pattern dances. They didn't even clap for most of the twizzle sequences.

LRK

Record Breaker
Looking forward to your thoughts/impressions/experiences of the free - hint, hint! ;)

Macassar88

Medalist
I didn't really have that much to say about Pairs and Mens since I didn't really enjoy them that much. :( Also, I was sitting really far back which meant that I couldn't see as much of the finer points.
Pairs FS:
It wasn't the greatest event - the highlight was definitely the quad twist from Peng and Zhang - completely unreal and so much more impressive live than on the ice. So much height! However, I felt like there wasn't anything outside of the elements and they seemed slow. I felt like Berton and Hotarek could have placed higher - she's so beautiful on the ice. Kavaguti and Smirnov had really pretty music (that they didn't really skate to) and she looked amazing in her dress. But other than that, I don't have much to say.

Mens:
Well Amodio won this section, but I am still surprised that audiences love him so much. He has flair and energy, and he had the French crowd, but I found it to be a pretty typical morozov program. Still good job for him to come back after that skate. I felt like the audience loved Joubert's program, but it was a pity that it didn't go as well as it could have. Still, for an international debut, it was pretty good. I thought that Mura had a really funny costume that looked much more like a bee than a shogun. Abbott did a great job, but I heard many people in the audience saying that they didn't really like his outfit.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you - I know how life can get "in the way". :) I was especially curious about Brian of course, as I felt that it wasn't skated with his customary energy, and he seemed pretty drained at the end, and wondered how it might have appeared live; I agree with your assessment. I think maybe Florent's program is easy for a crowd to "get into" - not that I mean to say anything bad about that, as I find him quite entertaining myself - but, to use a term translated from the Swedish, I think his program is very "audience-courting". As for Abbott's costume - maybe it's just too restrained for their taste? - it's just trousers and a shirt, basically?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)