Beginning bodes well for Sasha | Golden Skate

Beginning bodes well for Sasha

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Seeing as how I'm visiting my mom, who works in East Africa, for the holidays, I haven't seen a darn thing as far as actual footage of ANY of what has transpired in the Ladies SP is concerned, but they say a pic is worth a thousand words, and add that to all your posts and to Sasha's reaction after the SP, and especially her description of her brief experience under Robin's tutelage...and I'm inclined to think that her worst is behind her in terms of falling apart and of not skating relaxed, fiery yet within herself. I may be speaking too soon, but I think that, after her time with TT, which helped her grow tremendously as a skater, no doubt about that, someone like Robin, personality-wise and otherwise, is just what she needed to dispel that negative tension that seemed to sabotage her incredibly intense efforts...anywhoo, keep posting, as I am living vicariously through your enthusiastic reactions to the skating:)
So, in closing, I raise a virtual glass and propose a toast:

Here's to a night filled with some of the greatest LPs in figure skating history, a night of nail-biting, tears of joy, and few splats...we certainly know these ladies have it in them!!!!

Sarah

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Welcome to GS, Sarah. Just out of curiosity, where in East Africa are you?

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Hi Ptichka!

I'm in Tanzania, actually; just visited Zanzibar, which was lovely. It's funny because the local satellite service will begin transmitting US nationals the day I head back to NYC!!!:mad: Oh well; just remember, i'm counting on your accounts (no pressure, of course:laugh:), at least until I can get a copy through tape traders

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Sasha has said several times now that Robin has brought the joy back to her daily training. I just know she means it. I have the feeling that TT came from the "We're here to train, train, train, there is no joy here, this is a JOB" school of teaching, and that translated into TENSION for an already tension-wracked Sasha.