Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Grand prix final predictions?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The Russian federation probably feel Kavaguti & Smirnov have already maxed out their potential and are now moving on to supporting others. While I would expect Voloszhar & Trankov to continue to 2018, if they win gold in Sochi (and I think there is a very good chance they will) they might just not, and if they dont they will really need Barazova & Larionov so might as well push to make them a World medal contender now.
    B/L overtaking K/S is still I don't get, while K/S may have had their peak its not like they are on a dire need for B/L
    they have younger pairs than can be good also technically like S/K whose jumps are not tiiny tiny as of Bazarova's, M/R just needs more experience
    they can even pluck one from their younger juniors like F/M

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    B/L overtaking K/S is still I don't get, while K/S may have had their peak its not like they are on a dire need for B/L
    they have younger pairs than can be good also technically like S/K whose jumps are not tiiny tiny as of Bazarova's, M/R just needs more experience
    they can even pluck one from their younger juniors like F/M
    I agree and B/L have a long history of bombing at the big events, especialy when they have a chance to medal like the 2011 GP final and 2012 Worlds anyway. However TPTB apparently have decided differently and are promoting them, I guess they are feeling they are their best option of a backup for Sochi in the event V/T shockingly bomb or get injured, and their best hope for a 2nd medal in Sochi.

Custom Title
    For those of you who are predicting Hanyu will win silver or even gold at GPF, well, he’s staying in Sendai alone without a coach until GPF, while Orser will only coach Javier in Toronto. I rarely see anyone doing well when he/she prepares for major events without a coach, so I’m not expecting Hanyu to skate his SP well at GPF, and he could actually be off podium.

Banned
    Hanyu seems to have a large margin of error on both Takahashi and Fernandez right now. The SP is the key for him. If he skates a clean SP he will be unbeatable by all in that phase probably, including Chan, and will have such a lead on Takahashi and Fernandez he will be almost guaranteed atleast silver.

Custom Title
    Hanyu seems to have a large margin of error on both Takahashi and Fernandez right now. The SP is the key for him. If he skates a clean SP he will be unbeatable by all in that phase probably, including Chan, and will have such a lead on Takahashi and Fernandez he will be almost guaranteed atleast silver.
    But without a coach preparing Hanyu for the GPF I don’t think he will be able to skate a clean SP again at GPF. I think Patrick and Daisuke are locks for gold and silver. As for bronze perhaps you should predict Javier? since he will have Orser’s full attention preparing him for the GPF, and I’m expecting him to do well there. And don’t forget Kozuka who beat Hanyu at SA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    But without a coach preparing Hanyu for the GPF I don’t think he will be able to skate a clean SP again at GPF. I think Patrick and Daisuke are locks for gold and silver. As for bronze perhaps you should predict Javier? since he will have Orser’s full attention preparing him for the GPF, and I’m expecting him to do well there. And don’t forget Kozuka who beat Hanyu at SA.
    We will see but Hanyu falling and making mistakes still easily beat Takahashi at NHK, so I dont see him as certain to beat Hanyu at all. Chan has not skated well enough this season to be a "lock" for the gold either.

Custom Title
    B/L should get 0 for their SBS jumps. What is pair skating if they don't even attempt to jump SBS?
    Their PCS should never be that high. SS is rather weak, TR might be their only high score, IN should be in the 4s, CH should be in the 5s for being so bland and boring, PE should be in the 4s. They have as much connection as two parallel lines. It's a shame to see them scoring so well. The scoring system is so broken, especially PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    B/L should get 0 for their SBS jumps. What is pair skating if they don't even attempt to jump SBS?
    Their PCS should never be that high. SS is rather weak, TR might be their only high score, IN should be in the 4s, CH should be in the 5s for being so bland and boring, PE should be in the 4s. They have as much connection as two parallel lines. It's a shame to see them scoring so well. The scoring system is so broken, especially PCS.
    No connection but perfect unison.
    Flattfan, thank you for making me laugh.

Custom Title
    Don't think so.
    He got 1st place in Japan because he is younger than Takahashi and Japanese federation, like the Russians, think about next year. He is a male "Mao Asada".

Medalist
    Men:
    1 - Hanyu
    2- Chan
    3- Fernandez
    4- Kozuka
    5- Takahashi
    6- Machida

Ladies:
    1- Wagner
    2- Suzuki
    3- Tuktamysheva
    4- Asada
    5- Lipnitskaya
    6- Korpi

Pairs:
    1- Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
    2- Qing PANG / Jian TONG
    3- Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
    4- Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
    5- Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV
    6- Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH

Dance:
    1- Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
    2- Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
    3- Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
    4- Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
    5- Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
    6- Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TelmoFe View Post
    Men:
    1 - Hanyu
    2- Chan
    3- Fernandez
    4- Kozuka
    5- Takahashi
    6- Machida

Ladies:
    1- Wagner
    2- Suzuki
    3- Tuktamysheva
    4- Asada
    5- Lipnitskaya
    6- Korpi

Pairs:
    1- Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
    2- Qing PANG / Jian TONG
    3- Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
    4- Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
    5- Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV
    6- Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH

Dance:
    1- Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
    2- Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
    3- Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
    4- Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
    5- Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
    6- Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV
    I'd like a different men's podium (ie something with Takahashi on the podium, even though I don't dig his programs as much this year and wouldn't necessarily weep if he didn't win)- but otherwise, these placements are exactly what I'd want to see!!

*crosses fingers and toes*

Custom Title
    Men's

1. Chan
    2. Hanyu
    3. Daisuke

Ladies'
    1. Mao
    2. American
    3. Suzuki

Pairs
    1. P/T
    2. V/T
    3. D/R

Dance
    1.D/W
    2.V/M
    3.P/B

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cat View Post
    I'd like a different men's podium (ie something with Takahashi on the podium, even though I don't dig his programs as much this year and wouldn't necessarily weep if he didn't win)- but otherwise, these placements are exactly what I'd want to see!!

*crosses fingers and toes*
    I want Takahashi on the podium, but I don't think that this will happen. These predictions are my honest opinion, not my wishes places. But a good competition will be.

Ladies

1.Mao
    2.Akiko
    3.Ashley

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    No connection but perfect unison.
    Flattfan, thank you for making me laugh.
    Perfect unison?!? Not even close on either jumps, see the links. They really only have a great twist and the landing isn't as fluid as it could be, he holds her for a second to long before setting her down. People look at her so much in the lifts they forget about Yuri. She even had trouble landing the throws. They got easy competitions this season. When the judges see them up against the best of the rest, they may not be too giving in the PCS department.

1. V/T (it’s theirs to lose and it’s possible)
    2-5 either P/T, K/S, D/R or B/L depending on the day of mistakes
    6. MT/M (they will be dead last unless they are better than they have ever been and someone else messes up badly or gets hurt.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast